Thread: Unlocked Faction Prestige

Default Unlocked Faction Prestige

I decided I wanted to play a game as Venice so using the .esf editor I added victory conditions in startpos.esf, namely the prestige victory settings. So I set all the regions just as I wanted, and, satisfied with my work, launched the game.
    After playing a few turns i decided to check how I was doing and realized that my nation wasn't shown on the prestige table.
    So...
    I'm wondering if I could add Venice(or any unlocked faction) to the prestige table. I tried changing values in startpos.esf under \campaign_env\campaign_model\world\faction_array
    there are certain booleans that vanilla playable factions have that locked ones don't, not to mention that locked nations have no prestige values (some four integers in this...they show up both on the faction_array\faction and faction\prestige but in different order) And i tried messing with these but my game CTDs when i start the campaign...
    I was wondering if anyone knew how this worked so...yeah...
    thanks in advance

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Unlocked Faction Prestige

Yes. You can try looking up the prestige of britain in the faction arrays and then copy the values into that of venice. Your prestige at the beginning will be exactly the same as that of Britain's but at least you are able to get your prestige up and running.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Thanks for the quick response but I still can't seem to get it working...when you say copy the prestige from britain to venice do you mean just copy over the integers or make venice's faction array look just like britain's?

Go to the main faction thing inside the faction_array--the one that has your faction's name on top of the list.

The sixth value from the top will be a boolean. That value defines whether the faction is a major nation or not. Set it to true, and your nation will both appear on the "major nations" section of diplomacy as well as appear on the prestige-o-meter.

Now, I'm not sure if the prestige for minor nations actually works properly--I'm playing as the papal_states, and the only time I gain prestige is when I capture a settlement (military prestige). Researching and building things seems to have no effect. But, I do appear on the prestige-o-meter, so that's a start...

Thanks!
    I got it...Now to actually play =]

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Provocateur View Post
    Thanks!
    I got it...Now to actually play =]
    Good, I just figured it out for myself not too long ago too.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

The program chrashes when Im trying..