Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SPQR help guide

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: SPQR help guide

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    I thy would have read the read me provided by LT thy would know reforms start after the destruction of Carthage.
    its a common mistake of some people they just ask first before reading

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

davis, it is usually saved in my documents in folder that contains a copy of RTW

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

updated the first post with info about diplomats and getting peace

I cant getting peace with whoever, just do war. My displomats are useless… its bad, the only problem in SPQR for me
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

lol, well i never said they would give you peace - just that it's probably a bad idea to try

Interesting sub-discussion on the diplomat note...Has anybody ever gotten a senate mission to engage in talks with a certain faction?

In my case, the senate asked me to talk with Germania. The mission card says something along the lines of "no particular result is expected, but..." basically give it a shot. Well, it's SPQR, so giving it a shot is obviously useless, but I did it anyway, with the predictable "go the hell away" response. Now I tried, right? Isn't that was the Senate asked for? But the mission isn't complete.

I don't particularly care, I ignore the senate most times, but now it's the principle of the thing. Does this senate mission require actual results?

If you look at the mission description again saienga, I'm sure it says that you need to establish diplomatic relations with said faction. And it doesn't matter what deal you get through, as long as they accept whatever you propose. It doesn't say just talk with them, you have to make them accept a deal, be it trade rights, or you surrendering land to them. This is usually easier said than done though
    Yes, I've had this mission to!

Makes sense now. Thanks.

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

I have had the same thing, but that was in 6.4, did not like that mod cause of all the mountain battles and the AI horde armies,7.0 is a vast improvement.

I'm using diplomats to gain map information at the begining of the game. It's a lot easier to find all the cities a faction has at this moment. I find it kind of annoying to search for cities in quite large areas. And sometimes you can have a good deal if you get traderights with a certain faction.
    But later in the game they are quite useless I think.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

be careful with gaining peace, as i state in the first post it can lead to some problems, trade rights are useful i suppose, but the mod has been made for other ways of getting money so they aren't overly needed

Mont's Avatar Tiro

Getting a diplomat early in the game for the purpose of obtaining map information is a waste of your Denarii, they are very expensive and the returns don't match the outlay.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Blade0815 View Post
    I find it kind of annoying to search for cities in quite large areas.
    it's fairly easy to find cities - just follow the roads

Mont's Avatar Tiro

Try using spies

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Blade0815 View Post
    I'm using diplomats to gain map information at the begining of the game. It's a lot easier to find all the cities a faction has at this moment. I find it kind of annoying to search for cities in quite large areas. And sometimes you can have a good deal if you get traderights with a certain faction.
    But later in the game they are quite useless I think.
    I'm using diplomats to gain map information at the begining of the game.
    I did n' t know factions would give you map information. Your at war with every nation. Are you using the forced diplomacy files?

I find it kind of annoying to search for cities in quite large areas.
    Use spies thy will reveal large parts of the map.

And sometimes you can have a good deal if you get traderights with a certain faction.
    You don' t need trait rights with other factions. The Romans are provided with enough money when you build up your economy. Diplomats are n' t useful any way in this game. So don' t bother to spend money on them.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I managed to trade map information with quite many factions. And it is helluva lot faster than running around with spies all over the world
    It doesn't work for all factions but I got from Scythia, Armenia, Pontus, Parthia, Seleucia, Egypt, Macedonia and maybe some other faction I've forgotten about.
    No forced diplomacy involved here, just a great deal of money in the pocket!

Mont's Avatar Tiro

I suppose if obtaining map info is one of your priorities, this could be a method I have over looked, generally the only info Im interested in is the area around my vicinity, I already know where most of the cities are. If you have the money yep, if not no.

For example my trading of map information with Egypt gave me invaluable news about Carthage's offensive against them. They had taken all Egyptian provinces up to, but not including Sinai! These news greatly sped up my invasion of North Africa to distract Carthage from even more conquests! You need to keep an eye on those aggressive factions so they don't eat up the map for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Use spies thy will reveal large parts of the map.
    Yeah I know but with diplomats its a lot faster. I just have to find one army or city to reveal their complete territory.
    And as Ejergard mentioned there is no need for forced diplomacy just money.
    I just mentioned trade rights because sometimes a faction offers them and you can earn come extra denarii. I know that there is no need for these.
    And later spies are replacing my diplomats and are placed at critical locations.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

bringing my baby to the top

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast