Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ETW AAR] My first AAR.. Prussia

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Default [ETW AAR] My first AAR.. Prussia

Hija, i want to anounce my very first AAR, wich i have decided it will be a prussian one. So this is going to be my first AAR ever, so i don't expect alot from it. I do however have some very interesting things in mind, wich will require all my computerskills (i suck at pc's lol ...)...

My native language isnt English so don't be dissapointed when i don't speak english as fluently as an englishman.

But i'm damn excited, I'll make the AAR in the Eastern holiday, because then i've more time for it.
    Last edited by cupoftea; March 28, 2009 at 02:30 PM.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Default Re: My first AAR.. But i haven't started it yet :(

Hi there! Good to see a new budding AARtist.

If you want some help with getting your AAR started, see the FAQ thread here. Also, don't worry if you're not a natural English speaker. A lot of people here arn't and they get along fine!
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I wish you the best of luck, cupoftea! I'm not a native englishspeaker either but I think I did OK with my AAR

I'll check on this thread later to see what's happening
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Chapter I. The start of a dynasty.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the birds were wistling, and the boots were marching. The boots were marching? That doesn't sounds quite right. Actually it is, it's the sound of the 6th regiment of the prussian army, returning home after fighting a battle with a local rebellion. Rebellions were not scarce in the lands of Prussia. Since the new regime of the latest king, the population wasn't happy anymore, and riots started to erupt everywhere.

The troops were tired of the battle, and the constant marching, ordered by the captain. Captain Fritz Früden. Although he has a funny name, this man is respected by friend and foe for being a military genius.

After hours and hours of marching, the column suddenly came to a halt, when one of the soldiers, the flag carrier, to be precise, saw a group of enemys come towards them.

(sorry for the enemy floating flags, i don't get them away).

Captain Fritz was informed, and he ordered the other officers, the flagcarrier and the drummer, to discuss the situation.They ordered the infantry to halt, and together with the rest of his cavalry group, captain Fritz, wanted to negotiate with the polish army for a save passing to Koningsberg.

The captain rode out with his personal guard of cavalrymen, towards the Poles.

Fritz hoped he could make good negotiatons, getting attacked now could be disastrous for the Prussian army, and its future...
    Last edited by cupoftea; March 28, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

Nice start! Those pictures are nicely shot!

You might want to change your thread title now

Yess.. Thanks

I don't know how to change my title though

Imperator Valentine's Avatar Foederatus

A nice start indeed! Prussia is my favorite faction so I'll definitly follow this.

Just one note from a pedantic history buff: "The latest Prussian king" is a bit of nonsensical statement since Frederick I was the first prussian king (well actually only "King in Prussia", Frederick II "the Great" was the first to adopt the the style of Prussian king) and had just created the Prussian kingdom in 1700.

~Imperator Valentine~

I don't know how to change my title though
    Double click near the name of the thread in the index and it should pop up with a text box. Just type the name in there and then press enter. If you still can't figure it out, just tell me what you want the name changed to and i'll do it for you.

Default Re: My first AAR.. [ETW AAR] Prussia

Imperor Valentine:Yes, i know, but I made it like this just for the AAR, (and i don't have alot of inspiration or the historical knowledge to come up with something else) Thanks though

Musthavename:Thx, fixed

cool!

keep it coming!

Part two of the battle

The polish army was led by the still green captain Koribut Polzak, who was ordered by his superiors to destroy the Prussian army that was ariving. After gathering all his available men, he marched towards the enemy, with no intention of letting them pas.

Meanwhile the cavalry group of captain Fritz was nearing the Polish army, trying to get negotiations going. Fritz had a Polish tolk with him, for if the Polish couldn't or didn't spoke German. He was armed, but only when in danger, and he didn't want to use his sabre.

-"Halt!". Fritz ordered his men to stop because he was afraid that if they went any furter the Poles might think they were attacking. Fritz slowly walked forward, towards the group, but it surprised him that the group didn't stop with running. It was only a pfew meters before the Poles reached him that he knew what they were doing and yelled:

-"Goddammed, back off! Back off! They are CHARGING!!!"

But it was too late, before the cavalrymen got away, the Poles managed to get to them and plant their bajonets into the bodys of the horses.

The cavalrymen only just had the time to draw their sabres and defend themself from the trusts of the militiamen. Fritz decided to engage them and hold them for a time for his infantry to arrive.

The cavalrymen fought bravely, but they knew they were no match for the sharp points of the bajonets.

(A desperate battle)...

But by now the infantrymen heard the noices of the battle, and they rushed to the side of their commander, Fritz saw this and he ordered his cavalrymen to fall back, behind his infantrymen, ready to take another charge into the flanks of the enemy!!

The infantry managed to get their muskets and fire, but this couldn't stop the Poles from charging, and charging they did!!

And alas, the Polans charged, but the Prussians were ready for them. A bloody melee battle followed, were both sides got high casualties. Bodys were pierced, skulls were broken by the backs of the muskets, soldiers fighting eachother with nothing but their hands, screams of wounded everywhere....

But the infantrymen were lucky, Fritz had managed to get his cavalry around the flanks of the enemy, and ordered his men to charge!! The enemy was not prepared for this, and were soon ran over, some men had terrible fleshwounds, some men were already dead, all of them suffered...

Now that the militiamen were distracted by the cavalry, the infantry saw a change to retreat, take some distance and get some shots. Fritz ordered to stop immediatly though, some of his cavalrymen were getting hit by the bullets.

But now it was our infantry that was getting flanked, the Polish captain Koribut managed to get his unit of dragoons around our backs, and lead a devestating charge into our infantry.

Everything was one big chaos now, men didn't even knew to wich unit they belonged. Scared people were just swinging their swords and muskets around, with a big risk of hitting their own men. Both Fritzl and Koribut tried to order their man around, but they didn't seem to listen anymore.

An even bigger problem struck our men. The not so cowardly unit of militia had managed to get their bravery back, reformed and charged our men. After having beat of the dragoons, our men were exausted, and not ready to fight once more.

Our soldiers managed to kill the remaining militiamen, and now ran back to the city. Yes, they had their passage now, but at what cost? Hundreds of men lie dead, Fritz got killed by a lost bullet by one of the militiamen, and Koribut got a deady stab by one of our soldiers by his bayonet. The garrison of the city were already alarmed and were now rushing towards the surivors........

The end of chapter two.

Aww i can't get the second last picture to work ... Just imagine a really depleted unit of line infantry getting charged by an even depleted unit of militia with dead bodys lieing everywhere...

that makes me smile

Imperator Valentine's Avatar Foederatus

A though start for Prussia. But you'll show these Poles who's the boss eventually. But actually it's quite interesting to see an AAR that doesn't follow the "let me show you how I owned the game within 5 turns"-pattern.

~Imperator Valentine~

i agree. When i play, i will play on hard/hard and fight a tough war, going back and forth untill something eventually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Valentine View Post
    A though start for Prussia. But you'll show these Poles who's the boss eventually. But actually it's quite interesting to see an AAR that doesn't follow the "let me show you how I owned the game within 5 turns"-pattern.

~Imperator Valentine~
    Yeah, I'm not trying to pwn the world, I'm trying to show a realistic empire, wich has its ups and downs. Defeats will happen in my AAR, don't worry.

Roloc's Avatar Biarchus

This is very good. I will follow it very closely

good so far, like how u r writing it, I like it so far

I can never find the time to finish my AARs, damn you life getting in the way all the time.

Yarrr!! lookin' forward to the next update!
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Default Re: [ETW AAR] My first AAR.. Prussia

-"THIS IS AN OUTRAGE"!! Yelled king Friedrich, after he heard the news of the attack. As soon as he could he gathered his cabinet, who were now discussing what they should do.

-"It is easy to see that they are out for war, my lord. We have to retalliate", said our minister of war, Johan von Barfuss. He was known for rather having his men fight then to be peacefull, and so everyone was cautious with his quotes.

-"Lets build a navy, my lord, we need a strong navy for this war". This was said by our highest admiral, who was also our navy advisor. He has a not so secret obsession with ships, and was known for having the largest miniature nazy in the world.

Friedrich: "No, we have to try to make peace again with Poland, we cannot afford this war.Their army is by far bigger then ours, it would be suicide".
    Johan: "But my king, this is our time to take some land from these Poles, we need it, our army needs it, and our people need it. Our soldiers are hungry for blood m'lord, Our.."

Friedrich: "Hungry for blood? The last time they were hungry for blood they got butchered!! No, I will not let a new war happen. I will send a diplomat to the Poles immediatly, I hope he.."

But as soon as Friedrich wanted to finish his sentence, two scouts came running into the room.

Scout 1: "M'lord, we've seen an enormous Polish army come towards us, it's huge"!!

Johan with a little smile on his face: "And what now m'lord, do u still want to send the diplomat? Now would be quite a good time, since they are so close. I don't know what their meanings are though"...

Friedrich sighs and said: "Assemble the army, I will lead it personally".

The very next day king Friedrich went to the baracks, to inspect his remaining soldiers. What he saw wasn't nice; grizzled men, tired and underfed, these men were not ready to fight a war...

The nobility, or the cavalry, had a slightly better morale, since they didn't really had to care for foodshortages, they could affort it anyway.

Friedrich took the command of the army, and ordered them to march. The enemy were already waiting for him on the fields outside of the city, he couldn't spare any more seconds. This was the battle that would determine the future of the Prussian empire. It will rise, or fall on this day.

The end of the 3rd chapter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast