Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] How to change region ownerships + enable emergent factions to be played

Default Re: [Tutorial] How to change region ownerships + enable emergent factions to be played

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Thanks a lot

It seems very unstable though and i'm getting random CTD's quite frequently, that normal? Also, I understand why GB has Hannover allocated to it, but why does Scotland have Sweden?
    Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot to mention. The reason I gave Sweden to Scotland is so that you can exchange Sweden for a region like Estonia, this will instantly give you a king, a government, ministers, all of that, this way you don't have to capture a region first. After that, just give Estonia back to the Swedes for free if you want to.

All emergent factions are currently very unstable, I'm was getting CTDs when pulling up the government window as Scotland pretty often early game, this is solved after you do capture a region. Unfortunately, exchanging regions gives you everything but a governor, so taxes are screwed up until you do that. Just capture Ireland or something like that, it's really easy and you can do it in the first few turns. After that, you shouldn't have any frequent CTD's. I'm on turn 19 as Scotland now, with all of britain, and I've not had a single CTD except for the government window until I captured Ireland.
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; March 30, 2009 at 04:18 PM.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [Tutorial] How to change region ownerships + enable emergent factions to be played

Quote Originally Posted by LSD View Post
    Greece unlocked with the help of an *illegal* way =]
    You can download the SAVEGAME at turn 3 at:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/21404953...Ellas.rar.html
    Savegame is Greece with the province of Greece(Athens), unfortunately at turn 3 because I cannot get to remove the ottoman army from Athens before that ;P
    I also destroyed a smiths building in the province so you can choose to build a school there instead, theres a trading ship in the port, some spearmen in the city of athens, and an army with a treat the game gave me some ottoman units XD
    All credits to GeorgiaPeanuts for this breakthrough

Love, S
    Ζήτω η Ελλάς
    I see that people are having problems with this unlock for Greece. anyone having any good luck?

This kicks ass...

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    I see that people are having problems with this unlock for Greece. anyone having any good luck?
    Ya but they speak Turkish. Totally ruined it for me.

...what? Greeks speaking Turkish? You'd think they'd try not to, after emerging and all. :p

If you open the voices.pack you can see what languages they have pre-recorded, and play the different commands

ar - Arabic
    cz - (Czech?)
    du - Dutch
    fr - French
    ge - German
    hi - Hindu
    it - Italian
    pe - (Persian?)
    pl - (no idea)
    po - Polish
    ru - Russian
    sp - Spanish
    sw - Swiss
    tu - (Turkish?)
    uk - British accent
    us - US accent

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

yeah CZ = czech

sw - Swiss language
    Last edited by Methoz; March 31, 2009 at 06:19 AM.
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

LSD's Avatar Civis

After playing a while(or a lot? ) with Greece unlocked, the problems I found was that in Athens(Which was my starting settlement I modded) occasionally recruited regiments of horse, and that the tax rate was changing every turn. Both problems were fixed when I destroyed the ottomans, only to find a new one, whenever I try to access the Athens information screen(double clicking on the city) or the Regions list the game crashes, but everything else seemed to work fine.

I'm going to try this now, start a new game, conquer Constantinople, let the ottomans conquer Athens(I hope removing all the armies from around it should give the ai the idea to attack it XD) then conquer Athens back.
    If this works as planned, then the problems I mentioned before should be fixed Will update later =]

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Terafis View Post
    If you open the voices.pack you can see what languages they have pre-recorded, and play the different commands

ar - Arabic
    cz - (Czech?)
    du - Dutch
    fr - French
    ge - German
    hi - Hindu
    it - Italian
    pe - (Persian?)
    pl - (no idea)
    po - Polish
    ru - Russian
    sp - Spanish
    sw - Swiss
    tu - (Turkish?)
    uk - British accent
    us - US accent
    A little correction

pl - polish
    po - Portuguese
    sw - Swedish
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

LSD's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by LSD View Post
    After playing a while(or a lot? ) with Greece unlocked, the problems I found was that in Athens(Which was my starting settlement I modded) occasionally recruited regiments of horse, and that the tax rate was changing every turn. Both problems were fixed when I destroyed the ottomans, only to find a new one, whenever I try to access the Athens information screen(double clicking on the city) or the Regions list the game crashes, but everything else seemed to work fine.

I'm going to try this now, start a new game, conquer Constantinople, let the ottomans conquer Athens(I hope removing all the armies from around it should give the ai the idea to attack it XD) then conquer Athens back.
    If this works as planned, then the problems I mentioned before should be fixed Will update later =]

UPDATE: Bugger, the VH AI is too stupid to attack Athens, even after 10 turns of it being empty of soldiers XD

And btw I re-uploaded the savegame of Greece, but we still have to face the aforementioned problems.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyyqzm30hwz/Zhtw h Ellas.rar

Quote Originally Posted by broccoliano View Post
    Hello,

Could anyone be so kind to upload an Ireland playable file?Tried to unlock it myself but I made quiet a mess over there.
    Thanks.
    Please, please, pretty please..? I mean; chorus for the abovementioned.
    Last edited by Greenwood; March 31, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

EDIT:

Will reupload a new one tomorrow
    Last edited by Cipher*; March 31, 2009 at 05:29 PM.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

well,but why i have just as capital city some enemy? how to change it ?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher* View Post
    try this

All factions unlocked + Ireland Playable

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/215825403/IrelandOnly.rar
    Downloading - thanks in advance...

"The first section we will be editing is known as the CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO as the name suggests this is what the game reads in when you are at the grand campaign start area so it can populate the menu with who can be played and what regions they own."

How do you know which country is which it doesnt say it just says players array.

sorry... you have to click plus on player array and click on campaign_player_setup and look to the right and it will have the information.

Yeah thanks

Can somebody please make one with Norway and upload it somewhere?

Cipher*'s Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
    Downloading - thanks in advance...
    Oops sorry theres loads of mistakes and problems on the one that I gave you. So erm I will reupload the new one tomorrow which fixes the problem and the CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by ralala View Post
    Can somebody please make one with Norway and upload it somewhere?
    Ill upload the startpos.esf tomorrow with Norway playable with the Faction capital Norway so stay tuned mate
    Last edited by Cipher*; March 31, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher* View Post
    Oops sorry theres loads of mistakes and problems on the one that I gave you. So erm I will reupload the new one tomorrow which fixes the problem and the CTD.

Ill upload the startpos.esf tomorrow with Norway playable with the Faction capital Norway so stay tuned mate
    One of those problems is that Ireland isn't selectable in the Grand Campaign menu <_<

But good work. Thank you for your time and effort working on this.