Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] How to change region ownerships + enable emergent factions to be played

The Kahn's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Tutorial] How to change region ownerships + enable emergent factions to be played

Hey, could someone upload me an .esf with Punjab unlocked? And possibly another one with Afghanistan too? I would do it myself but I'm not sure if i understand how to do it...

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Default Re: [Tutorial] How to change region ownerships + enable emergent factions to be played

i make "my" mod,have all files done,but need help with campaign (startpos.esf)

My plan -
    change Württemberg to Czech Crownlands - need delete Stuttgart and want to add Bohemia region (Prague as capital) and Silesia region to Czechs

Czech Crownlands map

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Can anybody help me,or make this file for me?
    Your name in our credits (in mod) - are guaranteeing
    Last edited by Methoz; March 29, 2009 at 04:21 AM.
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

i can now played as usa but always when i click "end turn" i get a ctd...
    there is an army of the thirteen colonies in my region, but not in one town, city or fort...

i done all like the tutorial

could someone upload the esf-file to play usa or a savegame with usa?
    Last edited by Finarfin; March 29, 2009 at 05:29 AM.

one weird bug it seems. I changed the ownership of the buildings for the thirteen colonies to the usa, but for some reason they are allowed to recruit much more than should be possible. my starting level military governors place can recruit 4 units a turn while boston can recruit 5, without really any upgrades.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

What problems are you having? CTD or building/recruitment problem?
    I haven't tried it yet. I'd rather get a save file if possible so I don't have to tinker with much (that, and I haven't had enough time on my hands to try it yet), so if there was a save file it would save me a lot of time (or whatever file needs changing).

If it's not possible to get a save i'll try and give it a go when i've got time.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
    Yeah its because you probably just conquered Britain. When the faction who originally owned the faction is killed off the game CTD.

Its because the AI Interfaces actually thought the settlement + region, etc. belonged to Great Britain.

I noticed this when sometimes I would have Line Infantry and Ships randomly be built and these land units would not appear in the garrison, but would be popped outside the city.

Aaah ok. Thanks.

does someone know how to change it that u can join a revolution of the thirteen colonies?

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    does someone know how to change it that u can join a revolution of the thirteen colonies?
    Well you could use the original mod as playing the thirteen colonies and then join the revolution.

Or give britain the thriteen colonies and put boston as the capital of britain... i dunno how well that would work... might affect a bunch of other crap.

I've tried doing the steps and I loose track of everything about halfway down. I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a stratpos.esf for Scotland. [There is one in the first post, but the download limit on that's reached].

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I've tried doing the steps and I loose track of everything about halfway down. I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a stratpos.esf for Scotland. [There is one in the first post, but the download limit on that's reached].
    Sure, I can try upload mine. I've also fixed the bug where the game crashes after you capture London (if you capture London) I simply gave them hannover, but the thing is, hannover still owns it, it's their flag on the city and everything, britain can't do anything in it, they're just sort of "sharing" it. Better than crashes I guess.

I'll come with an edit when it's uploaded, which is in about 10 minutes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/215056548/startpos.esf.html

Here you go, hope it works for you!

Forgot to mention, it's 4 turns per year instead of 2 turns, but it's much more enjoyable that way. Characters age properly too. If you want to get rid of it, just download the "Turns per year editor" from the thread in Mod tools.
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; March 29, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

I almost solve the AI ownerships issue, but now I have caused the game to enter infinite loop when it is Ottomans turn coming up.

The Kahn's Avatar Civis

Hey, could someone please upload an .esf file with Afghanistan unlocked? I'd really appreciate it =D

Edit: And does anybody know how to get rid of the AI controlling your faction? It keeps recruiting troops when I'm playing as Punjab and bleeding away my treasury. I disband them but they recruit more next turn.
    Last edited by The Kahn; March 29, 2009 at 04:30 PM.

aronnov's Avatar Tiro

yeah summer 1708 the americans crash for me. I have the script removed for england getting 13 colonies. I did destroy the 13 colonies so not sure if it's related to that or if the americans have an election on that turn. (i cant click on government tab because that ctd's as well) anyone have a fully functional america working past 1708?
    Honor ... means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is. Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost. ~ Schopenhauer

I'll come with an edit when it's uploaded, which is in about 10 minutes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/215056548/startpos.esf.html

Here you go, hope it works for you!
    Thanks a lot

It seems very unstable though and i'm getting random CTD's quite frequently, that normal? Also, I understand why GB has Hannover allocated to it, but why does Scotland have Sweden?

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

wow I realy messed this one up....after trying to make Ireland playable,my grand campaign doesnt start up anymore...with any faction.
    Hopefully I can fix this by reinstalling

Methoz's Avatar Senator

i have done - its easy,but slooow and looong job... now must testit - hope no ctds here...
    TotalWarForum.cz

aronnov's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzen View Post
    wow I realy messed this one up....after trying to make Ireland playable,my grand campaign doesnt start up anymore...with any faction.
    Hopefully I can fix this by reinstalling
    oh yikes. did you backup your .esf file? if not just download the all faction unlocker .esf so you can save yourself a re-install.
    Honor ... means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is. Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost. ~ Schopenhauer

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by aronnov View Post
    oh yikes. did you backup your .esf file? if not just download the all faction unlocker .esf so you can save yourself a re-install.
    Yup I have a back up of the esf file
    Didnt realy matter anyway since reinstalling it fixed the job

Hello,

Could anyone be so kind to upload an Ireland playable file?Tried to unlock it myself but I made quiet a mess over there.
    Thanks.

Methoz's Avatar Senator

well... how to edit capital city? i have enemy city as my capital - its terrible

edit - resolved - is it lot of ...) work,but isn't it so difficult
    Last edited by Methoz; March 30, 2009 at 04:15 PM.
    TotalWarForum.cz