Thread: Need music files from C&C: Tiberium Dawn

Eothain's Avatar woo

Hello! I am in dire need of help and I thought this would be a great place to turn to. Anyhow, I need help finding the music files from Command and Conquer: Tiberium Dawn, that is, the original C&C game. With such songs as C&C Thang (already have, but my version cuts out early so a full version would be nice), Act on Instinct (already have), March to Doom, No Mercy, Mechanical Man and so on so I was wondering if anyone knew any sites where I could find them. Preferably in MP3 (or equivilent) format.

And the music in C&C: Red Alert that is used for the Red Alert trailer as well as the Soviet music. It was part one, I think, of a two part song. Anyone know what I mean?
    MareNostrum for DICTATOR FOR LIFE!

[move]I wanna stand up, I wanna let go. You know, you know, no you don't, you don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of man, I wanna meaning from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches, another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take. And my affection, well it comes and goes, I need direction to perfection, no, no, no, no, no. Help me out, yeah, you know you gotta help me out, yeah. Oh don't you put me on the backburner, you've gotta help me out, yeah. And when there's nowhere else to run, is there room for one more son, these changes, ain't changing me, the cold-hearted boy I used to be.[/move]

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

do you mean tiberian sun, or the very very first command and conquer game? cos i have them all and can get the mp3s off, or convert them from any format.

Eothain's Avatar woo

The very first one, released in 1995 or whenever it was.

[move]I wanna stand up, I wanna let go. You know, you know, no you don't, you don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of man, I wanna meaning from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches, another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take. And my affection, well it comes and goes, I need direction to perfection, no, no, no, no, no. Help me out, yeah, you know you gotta help me out, yeah. Oh don't you put me on the backburner, you've gotta help me out, yeah. And when there's nowhere else to run, is there room for one more son, these changes, ain't changing me, the cold-hearted boy I used to be.[/move]

There is a soundtrack for it in the gold edition or something isn't there? I know there is a soundtrack just look on your p2p program.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Eothain, my fellow C&C fan, you are lucky! I almost removed a bookmark the other day, but I kept it because it brought back memories and I still listen to the music while playing other RTSs.

The two best complete C&C soundtracks of the series, in my opinion.

Downloading all of them would be my advice. I don't know how long the site will be up and running because, obviously, copyright laws wouldn't agree with it.

Cheers!

Eothain's Avatar woo

Thank you very much Carsomyr! I am greatly in the debt. Ah, how many memories that music brings back...

But you have my patronage for civitateship!

Eothain, you're welcome.

I realized that the link I provided has the complete C&C RA soundtrack, but not the complete C&C Tiberian Dawn soundtrack. Sorry about that.

I went and scraped the bowels of the intarweb and found this site: ftp://194.190.221.196/music/c/CommandConquer/. Only downer is that the tracks aren't titled, but if you know what you're looking for I'm sure you can find it. I found Mechanical Man a few others that weren't included in the previous link. Mechanical Man is track 15. I think there are some remixes of some sort, too. RA and General are also there. I didn't see any of the expansion's soundtracks, though I have the expansion CDs. They're all in mp3, by the way.

Ah, how many memories that music brings back...
    Yeah, heh, I remember when I was a little kid and I used to jam with the music while playing. Now some of the songs sound so ridiculous I can't keep a straight face.

Its main page: ftp://194.190.221.196/music/.

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

Ahh the memories. Great find Carsomyr. Those songs generate a completely different feeling when playing RTW. Flcik on Hell March from RA and take a legion into battle, it feels... different.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Eothain's Avatar woo

Flcik on Hell March from RA and take a legion into battle, it feels... different.
    ROFL! I'd imagine so! That sounds great, I should do that some time (if the game ever feels like working).

Or Scythian Horse Archers fighting to the tune of C&C Thang... Heh.

And I don't remember jamming to the songs, just I played C&C a huge amount when I was younger either by myself of with various friends. Like that one time my sister's boyfriend got a weapon editor for C&C and he gave mini-gunners lasers... And I wondered why my men kept on dying (the lasers were invisable as well).

Then when I realized how to use it, I gave airstrikes 99 bombs and each bomb was a laser shot... And I used it and it wiped out loads and for ages there was the sound of the Obelisk of Light firing repeatedly. Fun, fun.

And remember those dino levels in the C&C expansion pack? They were fun.

Well, I didn't dance to the music lol, but I listened to it while playing. I remember thinking some of the songs were so cool, but now I listen to Mechanical Man and C&C Thang and they sound so ridiculous yet funny.

I don't think I ever played the dino levels for C&C Tiberian Sun; don't think I ever found out how to. Were they downloads? I do remember the secret ant missions for Red Alert. I could never beat them.

Ah, sweet, Cossacks 2 music.

Eothain's Avatar woo

Well, I listened to them too. My favorites were No Mercy (which featured in a great video), Act on Instinct and C&C Thang. Mechanical Man was great too. Still, they're not that bad...

The Dino Levels were for C&C and came with the expansion (covert operations) can't remember how you accessed them though. And Kane was the leader in it.

What was your favorite video? Mine was the one that played with the No Mercy theme (played when you lost the level Bad Neighbour or whatever it's called). Started off with an airstrike then there was a big battle with MRLSes and two guys running towards a helicopter as it takes off and the one get's shot in the back while the otherone grabs on to the skids of the chopper as it takes off then the chopper gets hit by a rocket. The video ends with an ion cannon blowing up a base and some bloke watching from a guard tower.

There was also that other video which was 1st person and you could hear this guy being interrogated in this warehouse and 'you' ran up the stairs and came to the door and you saw the silohettes and one is tied to a chair. The interogator asks a question and the guy in the chair spits on him then the other goes: "That's real funny tough guy, real funny. Here you go." Then he shots him. And his brain splatters on the wall and his head goes limp and he grabs it and pushes back. At the time, that rather graphic video did disturb me. Yeah, I was young!

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

Fight! Win! Prevail!

Best.Song.Ever.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

For Tiberian Dawn, I've always liked Act on Instinct, Industrial, In the Line of Fire, March of Doom, and some others I don't feel like remembering. My favorites for Red Alert are Hell March, Bigfoot, Face to the Enemy: Part I, Trenches, Run for Your Life, and some others I don't feel like remembering.

Too bad the site doesn't have mp3 files for MTW and RTW. I saw the first Age of Empires, but oddly the songs I remember aren't there.

The music for the Quake games and GTA (only 1 and 3 though) are there, too. If I remember correctly, Nine Inch Nails did the music for Quake I. Some really good ambient and atmospheric music for the proper setting.

Eothain: What was your favorite video?
    Lol, oh my, I haven't played Tiberian Dawn in years beyond years. I practically remember none of the videos. The only one I see to remember is the Nod's first video where Seth says, "God, to Kane, to me; I am God's right hand", or something like that.

Edit: Just realized the Covert Operations expansion pack mp3s are there too. Also, the quality of the sound in the second site I posted seems to be better than the first link I posted.

Default Re: Need music files from C&C: Tiberium Dawn

there is a song with the line "great shot! return to base immediately.. great shot!..."

I can't remember which of the C&C games it was from.. can anyone help me out? for some reason remember it above the others and would like to get hold of it

thanks

Default Re: Need music files from C&C: Tiberium Dawn

I'm a mechanical, I'm a mechanical, I'm a mechanical man.
    Sooo many memories...

Does anybody know if the new C&C is going to use the old soundtrack, or will they have a new one? And if its new, is it of the same nostalgic quality?