Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Empire: Total War Replays

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Empire: Total War Replays

This is where all replays uploaded for multiplayer battles will go. Please submit your replay, describing what the parameters of the battle are (1v1, 2v2, etc).

ANY POST WITHOUT A REPLAY SUBMITTED WILL BE DELETED.
    Last edited by Thanatos; April 11, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

Default Re: Empire: Total War Replays

Here are some sexcellent 4v4 replays. The First is a combined army vs an entire US army. Note the crazy amount of long rifles revealed at the end, and how the russian player handles it.

The second is a good mix of armies. Points of interest is how russia and ottoman trap Brittain in the south and pound the heck out of them, the failed french charge on US in the north, and when Prussia finally gets in on the action, they get softened up by the Ottomans before Russia sweeps them away with a glorious infantry charge.

This started as a 4v4 on early, one player took very long time to make army, I started a countdown from 15, and when it reached 0 I kicked him(he had readied in the last second ) and accidentially clicked ready, and the game started, so it became a 3v4.(The replay's called 2v3, I wrote wrong)

It was my team of 3: Spain, Britain and a minor faction against 2x Prussia, Austria and France.

The battle was very fun, I won't tell you what happened in the battle, but in the spoiler below the outcome is:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    it was a defeat for the 3-team, but a very heroic one!

Liked those replays so far. That fight vs all those US riflemen came down pretty close. And Lupus that was a good job rolling up flanks.

So here is one I did recently. A 3v3 early medium-funds game. It was as fun as it was frustrating as my allies refused to cooperate. GB started in front of me (I was UP) and just beelined for the enemies' dug in position despite my pleas. I came up behind him and was ready to assist except for Sweden refusing to protect my right flank as he was too busy making some aesthetically pleasing formation in his zone of the battlefield. I eventually push forward only to fall back again due to my dangerously exposed flank.

I felt like I was babysitting my allies with both of them seeming to do whatever was the opposite of what the situation called for (push forward when your teammates are falling back or sit idly while your teammates are engaged and the enemies' flank is exposed) and on more than one occasion i had enemy units slip in behind me from where Sweden was supposed to be protecting and catch me way offguard. A really fun match for me that came down to the wire.

This is a 1v1 battle i did against an austrian player

I had decided to experiment some with "flank breaking" so my tactic was to use guards to form a line, with line infantry using quick salvos against his flank units to break them down so my cav could charge in.

It worked excellent for me, the line infantry did itīs job and shot his flanks to pieces. I also used my cavalry to make him form square, and then used the line to decimate them.

And soon i had torn open both his flanks

I would really like someone to comment this demo as im trying to find a stable build and tactic for my army

http://rapidshare.com/files/21607753...re_replay.html

(I cannot upload my replay via the site, it says it is and invalid file. Anyone know how to fix this?)

Somehow the file got placed in the post beneath this

Posts merged. - Thanatos
    Last edited by Thanatos; April 01, 2009 at 12:23 PM.

Im posting quite alot on gamereplays today if anybody wants to check them out Make sure to watch and wub :p

EDIT: Heres link http://www.gamereplays.org/empiretot..._mode=standard
    Last edited by RTKBarrett; April 10, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

A 2v2 game on Bavaria, it was a fun game. Sadly we lost but i got 1.6k kills (!) while my mate only got 800, but he had a lot of cav attacking him so it was understandable. It came down to a few riflemen in the end

Also added some of my replays at the Gamereplays.org
    You should tjek them out, some good amongst them

Link can be found here:
    http://www.gamereplays.org/empiretot...mber_id=118881
    You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I have uploaded my replays now on gamereplays

http://www.gamereplays.org/empiretot...mber_id=120508

here's one where my ally was retarded, but i still won 2v1

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

One of my replays on GameReplays.org, a 2v2 on Bavaria, my ally goes cav only so I'm practically on my own to defeat two guys, somehow I pull it off, and with quite an army stil standing
    Here it can be found
    Please wub it if you like it
    Last edited by Fingon NL; April 15, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Here is a replay of a cheat this was a 10k game and as you will be able to work out the Dutch army was worth around 15500

Coutesy of Kenchi_Tib who still managed to get a draw against the cheat

BTW are we allowed to name the cheat?

Regards

Kenchi_Subadai

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Default 3 versus 4

Here's a Battle I had today. By accident it was started with just 7 ppl. Im the Blue Austrian's On the side with just 3 ppl. The opposite team isnt very good...

2VS2 me england, vaillant defeat.
    please give your opinion

sry file here

Double posts merged. - Thanatos
    Last edited by Thanatos; April 21, 2009 at 05:07 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

I just played an excellent game against a very polite and capable opponent.
    It was a 1v1 no fixed arty game. I played as Russia, he as France, and it came down to the last moments.
    I left the vast bulk of my army hidden until the final moments of the battle, so you get to watch from my perspective as I lead my opponent into a carefully laid ambush and then use several wide flanking maneuvers with my cavalry to decimate his army.
    I didn't bring arty.

Two of my online sea battles. I mostly play big ships.

Hope you like them.

Indefinitely Banned

I realized the one I posted above was a little silly. I felt like I was just playing amazingly well when I played it but after i posted I watched it again and I realized that my opponent brought a pretty retarded army (2 units of millitia!).

This one is more interesting. My opponent is far more capable. I played him two times previously and both of those battles were very close. It's a post patch Austria V. France. It's a 1v1 on the Swedish Forest map. It is a very hectic battle and things are going on all over the screen. So watch the minimap for units popping in and out of hiding.

Most of the battle is spent with me engaging with cav/light inf while trying to pull his units back towards where my line was hidden. He brings arty and I don't, that probably gave me a slight edge on this map, since the trees absorb allot of the impact of the arty's shots.

Some moments to look for: Use of spikes by myself (I get his gen unit right near the end with a spike trap) My opponent's attempt at the beginning of the game to use his only visible unit to lead my army into his arty trap. And the climax of the battle is definately when I finally decide to committ my line. It's fun to watch the noose tighten, and the moment of truth when he realized he's been tricked.

GG to my opponent, he left while I was saving the replay so I didn't get a chance to say that.
    but if you want to know what happens, you gotta watch yourself
    Last edited by Not; May 15, 2009 at 09:43 AM.

Another Sea battles that I won .

Note that the weakest zone in a line formation is just behind it. If faster more maneuverable enemy ships could stay behind the last ship in line and unleash its broadsides from time to time, the enemy would have to break its line formation. That didn't happen in this replay though. I just thought I would comment on how to break a line formation.

The advantage of having bigger ships in line formation are concentration of firepower and ability to take punishment at the expense of maneuverability.

The advantage of having smaller class ships but more numerous in numbers is placement and maneuverability ie, you get to dictate where you want to strike your enemy at the expense of having weaker ability to take punishment and less concentration of power. So if you're commanding smaller vessels with numbers superiority don't go head on toe to toe with larger enemy vessel line formation. Maneuver and stike the front and behind the enemy line formation where it can't retaliate with much firepower(it takes time and PATIENCE). Since larger ships could withstand punishment try attacking their sail first imo(all ships to attack their sails).

Anyway just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Miracles; May 04, 2009 at 09:24 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast