Thread: Letting Cities revolt.

Default Letting Cities revolt.

I'm playing the Germans and just conquered southern Gaul. I don't want to fight the Iberians yet so I wanted to leave a buffer zone between them and myself. The two Gallic Cities Narbo and Burdigala were taken by me and left to revolt over to the Rebels but when it eventually happened the Gauls had their Cities back instead of them going to the Rebels, I thought they always went to the Rebels and not another faction ? Now I Have two brand new Gallic Warlords with small armies of Noble Cavalry attacking me. Is there a way to make sure the Cities revolt to the Rebels ?

Primicerius

Default Re: Letting Cities revolt.

The city will rebel to either the founding_faction or the owner_faction. One is set at the start, but if another faction builds a government building, it will revolt to them in the future. So, since Gaul has most probably been set as both the founder and owner faction, it will always rebel to them, unless it rebels from them, then it will be rebel. You're only solution here would be to gift the settlements to another, neutral faction.

So those two Cities are founded by the Gauls ? I made sure when I took the Cities that I destroyed Auxilia builindgs thinking it would make them rebel to the rebels. Tried gifting the Cities but it never works, daft AI.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

use the force diplomacy script to gift them...
    otherwise i have the impression that if you not only destroy the auxilia but all destroyable buildings, it will rebel to the rebels ... that might be nonsense though, i'm not sure.
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Delvecchio1975 View Post
    use the force diplomacy script to gift them...
    AI would always accept if you send some money together with the city.. In my tests $2,500 - $3,000 is enough. If you give less, it would be suspicious

I don't think force diplomacy is good for this, since a razed city is almost useless and the faction taking it would have to waste a lot of $$$ for garrison unkeep. I had used the trick to successfully destroy AI economics

Also remember to drain out all mercenaries in that region... It should be able to prevent the city from receiving good garrion troops.
    Last edited by AqD; March 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoDowner View Post
    I'm playing the Germans and just conquered southern Gaul. I don't want to fight the Iberians yet so I wanted to leave a buffer zone between them and myself. The two Gallic Cities Narbo and Burdigala were taken by me and left to revolt over to the Rebels but when it eventually happened the Gauls had their Cities back instead of them going to the Rebels ...

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    AI would always accept if you send some money together with the city.. In my tests $2,500 - $3,000 is enough. If you give less, it would be suspicious

I don't think force diplomacy is good for this, since a razed city is almost useless and the faction taking it would have to waste a lot of $$$ for garrison unkeep. I had used the trick to successfully destroy AI economics

Also remember to drain out all mercenaries in that region... It should be able to prevent the city from receiving good garrion troops.
    All good to know.

I suspect that if the previous owner faction is long dead, the city will rebel to the slaves faction. That was supposedly true in MTW when all of the family members, including the ones that hadn't reached manhood, had died.

BTW aqd, I already miss your previous avatar, the cat with the pomelo helmet.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Sadly, factions can't resurrect based on family members coming to maturity in RTR like they could in M1TW. I miss that feature.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Heartfire's Avatar Ordinarius

Hell, I miss that feature in every game since MTW. Although it could be frustrating killing the Turks 70 times because the sultan and his 35 wives had 2 kids a piece.