Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Esf Editor

Default Re: Esf Editor

Salut,
    How to increase "resistance to foreign occupation" ? With ESF editor ?

My goal is to make the major factions unconquerable.
    Thanks.

Anybody else noticing the South, Central and East Africa entries under the Region Data tree?
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Hello,

Great job for the esf editor +rep

I have a problem to give portugal region to the british faction. I have edited region ownership, i replaced the portuguese units with english units but the region is still under portuguese hands. I guess its a faction capital problem but no idea how to do. Any idea plz ?
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Hello,

Great job for the esf editor +rep

I have a problem to give portugal region to the british faction. I have edited region ownership, i replaced the portuguese units with english units but the region is still under portuguese hands. I guess its a faction capital problem but no idea how to do. Any idea plz ?
    Change the capitol region of portugal faction n WORLD/FACTION_ARRAYS from portugal (region) to goa (India).

What do you mean "I have edited region ownership", because this kind of change needs a lot to do in REGION_ARRAYS and in CAI_INTERFACE?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Change the capitol region of portugal faction n WORLD/FACTION_ARRAYS from portugal (region) to goa (India).

What do you mean "I have edited region ownership", because this kind of change needs a lot to do in REGION_ARRAYS and in CAI_INTERFACE?
    I think im right with the region_arrays but i dont know what doing with CAI_interface. Can u explain me plz ?

cheers

I think im right with the region_arrays but i dont know what doing with CAI_interface. Can u explain me plz ?

cheers
    Though you may have done it be sure about the new governorship ID in REGIONS_ARRAYS among the other changes you should have done (garrison residence, faction name, government type, etc.). The same in CAI_REGIONS. Since portugal is the capitol region and settlement of the old owner and a normal region for the new one, a few things must be changed. First change capitol id in FACTION_ARRAY and CAI_FACTION for Portugal. In CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS change the owner faction of portugal, enter 0 in garrison if you have removed it and in CAI_SETTLEMENT change the second line entry for the old (portugal) and the new capitol settlement of Portugal (goa?) (0/faction CAI id).

thanks for ur explains, but its too hard for me, i only get CTD. Now im sure why ETW is so bugged. MTW or RTW was so easy to mod...

thanks for ur explains, but its too hard for me, i only get CTD. Now im sure why ETW is so bugged. MTW or RTW was so easy to mod...
    Which startpos do you use (vanilla, mod)? Is it portugal to england you want to change?

i use my custom startpos im creating for my napoleonic mod. I have given up Portugal cause it was too hard with garrison army and capitol. I only tried to give silesia and west prussia to Prussia but i get CTD.

Hello

A question. Anyone kowns a tool to convert the esf files in a structured or simplified plain text.

Thanks

ok i'm trying to increase faction $kingo$ and what i thought i was doing was right but apparently not.
    any help?
    Last edited by scope; September 09, 2009 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scope View Post
    ok i'm trying to increase faction $kingo$ and what i thought i was doing was right but apparently not.
    any help?
    What's this $kingo$?

cash money.

cash money.
    See here.

ok i edit the starting treasury like it says in the tut and then the line goes black and over to the right it says "original value" and ingame it is the original value!Soo what am i doing wrong?i just opened up the ESF "infinite money mod" and its the exact same line i edited!I'm confused.
    Last edited by scope; September 10, 2009 at 07:22 AM.

ok i edit the starting treasury like it says in the tut and then the line goes black and over to the right it says "original value" and ingame it is the original value!Soo what am i doing wrong?i just opened up the ESF "infinite money mod" and its the exact same line i edited!I'm confused.
    Have you the latest version of EsfEditor (v.1.4.3.)?

yes.Everything is uptodate.

yes.Everything is uptodate.
    If you want compress the startpos after the change you've done, upload it in a free hosting server (e.g. mediafire ) and post here the link and the name of the faction you've changed, so I can check it.

For my surprise your file even it is an earlier version it worked with my game installation. Everything it was o.k. The only strange thing is that in startpos you had entered 99999999 and in game it was 10000000. You had done it right and worked for me.