Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Esf Editor

Default Re: Esf Editor

When you click open savegame it should automatically find the savegames folder. It's is in the The Creative Assembly in the Appdata folder, you can find the Appdata folder by pressing Windows Key + R and typing %appdata%

Sorry for being lazy and don't read all post, but I have a problem
    When I start it says something like: initializing failed

Do I need something else?

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    The application requires the .Net 3.5 Framework. Make sure you have that installed. Get it here.
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; April 26, 2009 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks Cursisanafou!!!

Is there any new of the C&P function yet? With the patch intoducing a new startpos.esf all changes need to be redone...

Unfortunately, it seem as if the uints are all changed as well--so all of the changes might have to be done by hand.

I'm trying to change a current save game from short to prestige. I've been to CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_SETUP\CAMPAGIN_PLAYERS_SETUP\PLAYERS_ARRAY\(1st element in array cos Im playing brittain)\CAMPAIGN_PLAYER_SETUP\CAMPAIGN_VICTORY_CONDITIONS and edited fields 2 to 5 from 1725,25,false,0 to 1799,25,true,2 (since these are the differences between my short savegame and my prestige test savegame). However, I saw no change in the game...goals are still the same. I tried chaging just the year or the number of provinces, but also saw no change. Does anybody have any tip for me?

Tks

The goals (as in what territories to conquer) are somewhere in the faction array (in the first faction which is yours).
    I don't know if there is an ending year set in the savegame or if that does get changed with changing the number you changed.

I have little time for improvements lately, don't expect any update, like copy/paste in different files, from me soon. I did hand out the source code to a number of people who asked for it, maybe they'll patch it in.

Can I have the source code for this program?

You can PM me if you want.

CA you have done a great job so far, keep up the good work!!

Why there is no German-Axis FPS game?
    Thank You for the rep+ given!:wink:

I downloaded the editor, but when I start it up it is blank.... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic95 View Post
    I downloaded the editor, but when I start it up it is blank.... Why?
    Download the latest version from koras321. Also, you have to open an esf or save game file before you see anything in the window.

I tried to make the Knights of Saint John playable but when I start the campaign, the fog of war covers the entire map!
    Last edited by A1_Unit; June 08, 2009 at 08:37 PM.

i recentely started a game with italian states. im half way through and i finally figured out how to make them a major faction... however, id have to start a new game... is there a way to make my current saved game italian states a major faction or must i start ovr?
    Last edited by Seņor Donut; June 11, 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor Donut View Post
    i recentely started a game with italian states. im half way through and i finally figured out how to make them a major faction... however, id have to start a new game... is there a way to make my current saved game italian states a major faction or must i start ovr?
    Saved game files are almost identical to the startpos. Try making the changes to your most recent saved game and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Saved game files are almost identical to the startpos. Try making the changes to your most recent saved game and see what happens.

k erasmus... so where exactly can i find the ESF files for my saved games? any suggestions?

thanks bro

there is a saves folder in application data/creative assembly, the same folder your scripts (user.empire_script.txt) are in

hey, sorry to sound stupid but its the first time i've done anything like this lol

but where do you place(extract) the editor to?

i've tried everywhere and comes up with an error

please help

Quote Originally Posted by sprouty View Post
    hey, sorry to sound stupid but its the first time i've done anything like this lol

but where do you place(extract) the editor to?

i've tried everywhere and comes up with an error

please help
    Don't use this version of the editor. Download this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260597

Hi

I really think that this is a great tool but in fact i was only able to unlock unplayable factions like Portugal; tryed to unlock United States but no such luck.
    Here's what i get:
    - the flag shows up at campaign setup screen;
    - when selected the number of regions controled is 0 (the problem is probably here);
    - load the grand campaign anyway and the game crashes.

i've done all that you say but i found out that US id doesn't stick at the region editing resident garrison nor building (i also tryed spaming the US id every region tab that made sense) - after saving exiting the editor and reloading it the id is back at the orignial number...

anyone has made US available with this editor? if so please send me esf file.

thanks
    lust
    Last edited by Lust; July 01, 2009 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lust View Post
    Hi

I really think that this is a great tool but in fact i was only able to unlock unplayable factions like Portugal; tryed to unlock United States but no such luck.
    Here's what i get:
    - the flag shows up at campaign setup screen;
    - when selected the number of regions controled is 0 (the problem is probably here);
    - load the grand campaign anyway and the game crashes.

i've done all that you say but i found out that US id doesn't stick at the region editing resident garrison nor building (i also tryed spaming the US id every region tab that made sense) - after saving exiting the editor and reloading it the id is back at the orignial number...

anyone has made US available with this editor? if so please send me esf file.

thanks
    lust
    Get the late campaign version of this mod. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262048

Also do not use the version of the ESF editor posted in this thread. You want version 1.4.3