Thread: Newbie questions about mods

Default Newbie questions about mods

Thanks in advance

So I've never played a game like this where theres such a predominate community of mod'ing going on and I have a few newbie questions about this.

So Steam does actually 'patch' the game right? Or are fixes done by mod'ers? I assume such things are I dont know umm... CTDs and such are done by Steam, but like improvements are done by mod'ers? Or am I off track already?

So I like a mod, like the "firing arc" one for example, will I ever see it in a 'patch' by Steam? Or no? Lets say I snag 2 mods, Darth's and (sorry didnt look at name before I entered, but I like it) the 'firing arc' one. After I apply those mods, will future updates/patchs require either re-applying said mods or alter my game?

Thanks again

Default Re: Newbie questions about mods

The updates from steam are official updates from the developers. Fixes are coming in this patch, improvements hopefully in the next. Modders usually work on improvements, yes

You won't see any unofficial mods in a patch from Steam. If the mods are in the correct format (Darth's currently is not) then you won't need to reapply them after a patch.

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

And this is in the "Released Mods" section...?

Senator

I don't know about not seeing mods in the official patches. Some of you modders of realy ontop of your game, if you will excuse the pun. That fireing arc mod, while nothing revolutionary, is a big improvment. I could see something like that put into the game as a propper official patch part.

I know it has hapend in the past, not with Total War games, where mods have made it into the games they are baced off of or been picked up by the game developer and made into proper stand alone games, just look at Counter Strike.