Thread: Trade Issues

Default Trade Issues

Im not sure about trading with the overseas ports and the ports in my own regions.

I take it that all the ports I own are automatically trading but do I have to improve them to increase trading.

Whats the deal with trading overseas? Do I need to put a ship on the yellow anchor and then bring it back to my own region when its finished trading or does it do that all automatically?

Really confused about all this trading malarky.

Cheers for anyhelp.

Default Re: Trade Issues

Try reading this and seeing if it helps;

Company Man's Guide to ETW Economy

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237607

I have a different trade issue.

When an enemy blocks my trade route with ships, the trade menu will show a decrease, and a red cross to show the route is blocked.

But.. I now have the same thing on my trade route from America (I'm playing British) that says my 'land goods' are being blocked. Overland?

The ship route appears to be clear - so how do I find out where the block is? I usually send a fleet to take out any raiding fleets, but this is different as it says it is from my land routes.

Any suggestions? I am only at war with Spain, yet my trade in furs etc from America is compromised.

Icon4 Re: Trade Issues

People have written several contrasting views on trade in this forum. To clear up these issues i carried out an experiment with my trade fleet in the east indies as the UP united provinces. - I moved the whole fleet out of the trade port it starts in then split it up into 3 groups 1 of warships 1 with 2 indianmen and 1 with 1 indianman then next turn move the indianman fleents into 2 seperate trade ports yellow circles. Hover the cursor over the dotted trade routes just next to the trade ports- contrary to what some people have said the port with two trade ships does generate more revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Benoit92 View Post
    Im not sure about trading with the overseas ports and the ports in my own regions.

I take it that all the ports I own are automatically trading but do I have to improve them to increase trading.

Whats the deal with trading overseas? Do I need to put a ship on the yellow anchor and then bring it back to my own region when its finished trading or does it do that all automatically?

Really confused about all this trading malarky.

Cheers for anyhelp.
    just put a trade ship (ones with gold 1 in top corner ) and merge with yellow anchor (trade port) this automaticaly generates cash to see how much hover over the dotted route by the port

Icon7 Re: Trade Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I have a different trade issue.

When an enemy blocks my trade route with ships, the trade menu will show a decrease, and a red cross to show the route is blocked.

But.. I now have the same thing on my trade route from America (I'm playing British) that says my 'land goods' are being blocked. Overland?

The ship route appears to be clear - so how do I find out where the block is? I usually send a fleet to take out any raiding fleets, but this is different as it says it is from my land routes.

Any suggestions? I am only at war with Spain, yet my trade in furs etc from America is compromised.
    Land routes can also be blocked ! - roads can be targeted in the same way as sae routes the ai doesnt often do this but u shld chek