Thread: RTR Platinum Install Refresher

Default RTR Platinum Install Refresher

Hi -- I've read the RTR Platinum threads and posts for installing, but I'm not 100% clear on the requirements/procedure. I want to make sure I understand it so I don't end up spending hours screwing up the install and harrumphing away in disgust. (I have managed to download and play other RTW mods, but the installation procedures were exercises in frustration -- due to operator error, of course.)

If I understand it corrrectly:

1. Make a copy of my clean, vanilla RTW/RTW:BI folder and put it on the desktop. If I already have RTW:BI installed, I do not need to download any additional patches, right?
    2. Download and install RTRPE1.9 to the fresh version on the desktop. Does it self-select the new version and to the correct folder where it needs to install, or do I have to point it to the new version and the Data folder?
    3. RTRPE1.9 automatically creates two separate desktop icons -- one each for RTR:TW and RTR:BI, and I can play either version, assuming I have the requisite disk in the drive.

Sorry if this has installation topic been covered ad nauseam/ad infinitum.

Thanks,
    CK

Default Re: RTR Platinum Install Refresher

1. For BI install, you should have your game patched to 1.6:
    http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...16-Patch.shtml
    If you don't have BI, you will need your game to be patched to 1.5. First install patch 1.3, and then install patch 1.5 into the main Rome - Total War folder.
    1.3: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...sh-Patch.shtml
    1.5: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...15-Patch.shtml

NOTE: For the patches to install correctly, you MUST have the new copy in the original install directory (mine is C:\Program Files\Activision\) You also have to name it "Rome - Total War" (without the quotation marks)!

2. You have to point it to the Rome - Total War folder, and not to Rome - Total War/data.
    C:\Documents and Settings\[Your name here]\Desktop\Rome - Total War , that is.

3. Yes, that is right.
    Last edited by Mister S; March 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM.

A posse ad esse!

Mister S -- magna gratia for the clear instrux. I uninstalled and deleted all old copies of vanilla RTW and RTW mods, reinstalled, patched up, and installed RTRPE. And I wasn't up until 1a.m. messing around with all that. Instead, I was up until 1a.m. -- playing RTR! Best of all, no CTD yet and I'm 30 turns into a campaign.

CK

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Happy Gaming chaosklima

OH THANK YOU, I HAVE BEEN TRUING TO INSTALL RTR FOR 3 DAYS NOW (UNINSTALLED IT LIKE 12 TIMES). all i had to do was put it out on the desktop lol it didnt say in the instruntion file. ty so much. Mister S for president 2012!!