Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living in Rome for a Week

If you could travel back to Rome for a week, what would you do?

For me:
    Visit colloceum
    explore Senate
    find the great minds of the time
    Travel as far as i could in the Empire
    write everything down
    "If you're going through Hell. Keep Going"
    -Winston Churchill

How is the Fighting in the Empire?

I'd like to Visit Germania.
    Unto you I commend my justice.

Originally posted by Grievous@Apr 30 2005, 06:44 PM
    If you could travel back to Rome for a week, what would you do?

For me:
    Visit colloceum
    explore Senate
    find the great minds of the time
    Travel as far as i could in the Empire
    write everything down
    Rob a Roman bank, bury the treasure very, very deep in the middle of the alps.

Come back to this time, dig it up, and sell it for millions.
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

moved
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Ill meet up with Mithradetes the 6th, tell him Sulla's strategies, and become his right hand man.

What?! I like to play as the Pontics.

I'd Kill Cato by shoving the Carthaginian figs down his throat and clogging up his nostrils.

Originally posted by hannibal89@May 1 2005, 12:33 AM
    I'd Kill Cato by shoving the Carthaginian figs down his throat and clogging up his nostrils.
    He is going to slice open his stomach and pull out his intestines anyways. You can just leave the job to Caesar.

Originally posted by Marcus AureliusVI@Apr 30 2005, 08:32 PM
    How is the Fighting in the Empire?

I'd like to Visit Germania.
    My bad, I changed what I was going to write about half way through but forgot to change the title. Apologies.
    "If you're going through Hell. Keep Going"
    -Winston Churchill

He is going to slice open his stomach and pull out his intestines anyways. You can just leave the job to Caesar.
    Ah you're talking about the wrong Cato my friend.

I'm talking about Cato the elder, the one whose words had Carthage destroyed. (At this time there was no Caesar)
    This Cato died a peaceful death.

So i'd still
    " Kill Cato by shoving the Carthaginian figs down his throat while clogging up his nostrils. "

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Id do something similar to deathdoom56. Id go to Antioch, warn the Seleucid King that Pompey is coming. Tell him what the Romans will do. And hope that the Seleucids win and dont fall.

Id do something similar to deathdoom56. Id go to Antioch, warn the Seleucid King that Pompey is coming. Tell him what the Romans will do. And hope that the Seleucids win and dont fall.
    Or you could warn Antiochus the Third that he'd lose if he does not listen to Hannibal.
    Then the seleucids will rule Italy, and i wont need to kill Cato. (but i still will)

I'd bring all kinds of neat and high-tech things with me to dazzle them. I'd also bring plenty of books and learn all of them from cover to back. That way I could be a fortune teller, a seer, and become a god as they worship me and my omniscience. I would live like a Greek god... or Roman god.

Gelatinous Cube's Avatar Ducenarius

Originally posted by Carsomyr@May 1 2005, 04:07 AM
    I'd bring all kinds of neat and high-tech things with me to dazzle them. I'd also bring plenty of books and learn all of them from cover to back. That way I could be a fortune teller, a seer, and become a god as they worship me and my omniscience. I would live like a Greek god... or Roman god.
    Yeah, i'd do something similar. I'd bring guns. Lots of guns. And take over a small community, forcing them to bow to my mighty guns. After that, I'd raise the community into a bunch of gun-wielding, artillery-using, conquerers. Just for the hell of it.
    Cube: I want a sign from god, in special godly ink, proving his existence.
    Poets: What if you have to take it on Faith?
    Cube: Bah, no deal. That's like a crack-head asking for $5 on Credit.

Yeah, i'd do something similar. I'd bring guns. Lots of guns. And take over a small community, forcing them to bow to my mighty guns. After that, I'd raise the community into a bunch of gun-wielding, artillery-using, conquerers. Just for the hell of it.
    Damn you both. I should have thought of something similar to that :p

But i like my idea better :p (if only slightly more)

I'd first probably visit Rome, take some pictures, perhaps go be an embedded journalist with a legion and ride a horse up to the enemy and draw a map as to where they are and where their unprotected flank is. Then I'd probably set up a machine gun post before they got there, annihilate them, win the legion over by being their savior, then march on Rome.

Originally posted by Carsomyr@May 1 2005, 05:07 AM
    You know how are you going to make those high tech dealies work without electricity?

And after you make one prediction, history is changed forever and your predicitions will be worthless.

Legio XX Valeria Victrix's Avatar Great Scott!

I'd be like Moses and Jesus, who fought the Romans with assault rifles, so they couldnt take over the Holy Land.

*obscure Family Guy (I think) reference for you.

"For what is the life of a man, if it is not interwoven with the life of former generations by a sense of history?" - Cicero

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would bring a tank and take over hte world muhahaha
    >=)
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Originally posted by Habelo@May 1 2005, 02:57 PM
    I would bring a tank and take over hte world muhahaha
    >=)
    Untill you run out of fuel and ammunition *wink*

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

But when i do that, all the people in the world will think of me as a goddes>=)
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast