Thread: adding new towns or villages

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Default adding new towns or villages

i have looked by packfilemanager trying to figure out how to add more towns and villages any1 no i haved searched but nothing on how to make new toens have appeared
    Last edited by joemo; March 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

Default Re: adding new towns or villages

you must define a new settlement in the db and then when a proper tool comes out you would add your new town to regions.esf and startpos.esf

I'm for splitting Spain and France into at least two regions... :/

joemo's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs View Post
    I'm for splitting Spain and France into at least two regions... :/
    will you release this or keep it your private mod becuase i want to do that but don't have an of the historical provinces thanks for the info georgia peanuts
    Last edited by joemo; March 25, 2009 at 01:11 AM.
    my zero turn recruitment mod for eb click on the smily
    click on this smiley for no clamour for reform

So can this still not be done?

I want to give the dutch a new shipyard in Holland to compensate them for their lack of a military ship building facility which is historically just wrong as it now makes the dutch very weak at sea when they were a major naval power. In all of my games so far I have found it very easy to capture dutch colonies because my navy can always prevent any reinforcements arriving.

Can I add a new port, do we have the ability to do this yet? Have any tools been released for doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by waldopbarnstormer View Post
    I want to give the dutch a new shipyard in Holland to compensate them for their lack of a military ship building facility which is historically just wrong as it now makes the dutch very weak at sea when they were a major naval power. In all of my games so far I have found it very easy to capture dutch colonies because my navy can always prevent any reinforcements arriving.

Can I add a new port, do we have the ability to do this yet? Have any tools been released for doing this?
    Sorry, you can't.

Up!

I want to add a new town in the prussia region. I tried to modify the region.esf and startpos.esf files.

In region.esf I cloned Tilsit and modified the position of the town. In startpos.esf I cloned too Tilsit in Region_slot_Array and Campaign_trade_manager -> settlement_indices and keeped the same abilities for my region.

When I lauch the game, nothing appears (no bug, no modification at the map). I think that the next way is to add something in the CAI_Interface, but when I tried to clone something esfeditor bugs..

May somebody help please?

Quote Originally Posted by gugus View Post
    Up!

I want to add a new town in the prussia region. I tried to modify the region.esf and startpos.esf files.

In region.esf I cloned Tilsit and modified the position of the town. In startpos.esf I cloned too Tilsit in Region_slot_Array and Campaign_trade_manager -> settlement_indices and keeped the same abilities for my region.

When I lauch the game, nothing appears (no bug, no modification at the map). I think that the next way is to add something in the CAI_Interface, but when I tried to clone something esfeditor bugs..

May somebody help please?
    Towns have a CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT which links to a CAI_WORLD_REGION_SLOT. Make for both new slots for your new town. But even if it works you will still have the exiting bug. That means that the game will crash every time you exit to desktop or main menu. Also to complete the modifications you have to assign new town in the other files of global_map except regions.esf (poi, pathfinder, etc.) and in CAI_BDI and CAI_MANAGER of startpos which is very tough. Keep trying until you can not go further and report back.
    Last edited by husserlTW; January 22, 2010 at 08:50 AM.

I've got some problems, but I think that it's possible to add a new town and avoiding crashes.

In my exemple, I haded a new town in Prussia. My city doesn't have his correct name (in occurence she's got no name..)

http://img1.imagilive.com/affiche/0110/youpi7a8.jpg.htm

I've got some problems, but I think that it's possible to add a new town and avoiding crashes.

In my exemple, I haded a new town in Prussia. My city doesn't have his correct name (in occurence she's got no name..)

http://img1.imagilive.com/affiche/0110/youpi7a8.jpg.htm
    This is just a simple addition in _loc file. Don't bother with this, as far as you use a certain name in startpos. Go ahead with the serious matters. Are there any CTD's? Can AI see the new town? You can realize this watching the income of the region that should have increased than before you added the town, the trade carriage should stop by the town and most important give plenty of money in Prussia and enable auto construction to see AI behavior.
    Last edited by husserlTW; January 22, 2010 at 02:03 PM.

I have a lot of time tomorrow to do all this tests. I will take you informed

For the region's income and the vision of the city by a another faction, it works. For the rest, I didn't test it for the time.

I add a lot of new cities for the West Pomeria, Est Prussia, West Prussia and Hanover. I play Prussia and when I build something new in the cities everything workes. No CTD, no bug.

But I've two problems:

- I gave a name for my new cities in starpos and regions esf files, but any appears when I play. (not important, but I want to search a solution for that)
    - When I attack Hanover or Est Prussia and take the region, there is a CTD. In the same case, if I switch Koeningsberg with anoter region with diplomacy, there is too a CTD.

I think that I can play with any significant bug as long as the moddified regions are not taking by anoter faction.

May somebody help me for this problem?

I add a lot of new cities for the West Pomeria, Est Prussia, West Prussia and Hanover. I play Prussia and when I build something new in the cities everything workes. No CTD, no bug.

But I've two problems:

- I gave a name for my new cities in starpos and regions esf files, but any appears when I play. (not important, but I want to search a solution for that)
    Open localistaion_loc and find an existing city how is entered there, make the same for your new and use the same code in startpos.

- When I attack Hanover or Est Prussia and take the region, there is a CTD. In the same case, if I switch Koeningsberg with anoter region with diplomacy, there is too a CTD.
    That is because the AI does not actually know the existence of the new city. The procedure you've followed is known but now it's the hard thing. You have to inform CAI_BDI (Beliefs, Desires and Intentions) and CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGER about your new town, but as you'll see there are endless lists with no helpful order. That is why we follow the procedure of replacing by borrowing Id's of existing slots to create new one.

So what can you do? If you know some things about Python download this tool. It will help you to truck down all the places that a Town is entered in startpos. If you'll be disappointed after the mess in BDI see also this post. I've made there a startpos for a grand campaign based on episode I of RTI. This has the advantage that there are only 3 regions available and the startpos is the smallest possible. I suggest to use that and start over trying to add one new town.

How can I open localisation_loc? With PFM? I found a lot of pack where there are localisation_loc files, like the patch packs..

But I think I will abandomn the modding, it's too difficult for me and doesn't work as I want.

I was able to add more cities in a region, but there are ever some bugs than occurs.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Seriously why is spain and france one region? Gay????

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

what ever happened to empire tw being easy to mod If I can't change the map for my ww2 mod then I'll just use old one and add Japanese. HUHAH!
    His highness, žežurn I, Keng of Savomyr!