Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roma Victor

I made a search on Roma Victor and MMOG/MMORPG and didnt find one single thread about what possible can be the coolest gamingexperience in the near future. Did the searchfunction go retard or are you all behind?

Anyway, im gonna play as soon as i get acess to the beta (wich should be opened public any day soon) and i look forward to see as many of you as possible in there.

http://www.roma-victor.com/

(And please dont add floods of comments about "sucky" grafix, the published screenies is only "no effects on" and the game is not a highend grafix game at all. Its about other more advanced things wich some sure appreaciates more)

There were a few topics about this game, but they're rather old, which is probably why you didn't find it with search. Yes, I've heard about this game and I'm hugely looking forward to it! And the graphics seem just fine to me.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

There was a big thread about it a couple of months ago.
    Yeah it looks great.
    Good graphics and great gameplay.

Achilles of Greece's Avatar Civis

First time I heard about his game. Im glad someone posted this, got to read more :getlost

Realistic mmorpgs always fail no matter how good they are so i'm not counting this on doing well unfortunately, though it does look good.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Somehow I don't see this game surviving long; not when there are MMORPGs like Guild Wars, WoW, to-be-released-in-2005 D&D Online, etc..

Originally posted by Carsomyr@May 1 2005, 03:38 AM
    Somehow I don't see this game surviving long; not when there are MMORPGs like Guild Wars, WoW, to-be-released-in-2005 D&D Online, etc..
    Well, since they up to this time managed to work with a, in comparison, small budget and small staff and still have 12K registered members, i guess they will survive. This game is a nish game, its not there to attract all idots who like to "own". Its there for the player who either loves the roman era or the one who like it a little bit more realistic. I say it will survive, for a long time.

Ive played both GW and WoW, they have nothing new. WoW really sucks after a while when you realize every moment is a repetitive from the last moment. I look forward to Roma Victor, at last some developers that understand the important factors of a great MMORPG.

As long as they can deliver all that they promised then I think this game will survive.
    And that you won't have to pay a montly fee goes a long way.

Ha... Check the skill:

tailoring

\ togas
    \ \ female
    \ \ male

No females wore the toga... except the muliebris togata... i.e. a hooker

Virtual prostitution? Count me in.

Clay

I can't remember seeing a thread here before, but I may just have forgotten about it, but I do remember one over at the .com in OT. I also remember someone recruiting members for their clan over there. I did check out the main site, and it does look quite interesting, so I may give it a go, but I am not sure yet.
    Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all Ypatia (350-370? – 415) AD
    Check it out

EeSang's Avatar Hak Saeng

There have been several clans in RV already formed from TWC. One is called Brathair Prasgan and the leader is Mordhak, one of the Civitates here. Here's a link to them, http://s8.invisionfree.com/Bthizle1/index.php?act=idx. However, they're very selective and prefer mature and capable people over others.

Actually I may have missed out and Bthizle might be leading it again...

If I spam, give me another half hour to wake up completely.

My sources tell me the beta will be opening VERY shortly.

Well KFR said it will open soon but what is "soon" for them ??
    End of may could be soon.

Yall need to take at Roma Victor again. I know it has been posted befoe but they have made a lot of progress.Look

Look at the 4th picture on the page. Starting to look more like total war!

I dont know about yall, but im getting it right when it comes out.

Most of Europe is in the clutches of the Roman Empire. Commodus has succeeded his father Marcus Aurelius, the philosopher Emperor and is exerting tyrannical influence. The Praetorians keep a strict and oppressive rule over the entire Empire, which is defended and (outside Rome) largely policed by the Legions.

Wow - I wonder where they got this original plotline from?

The historically authentic virtual world of Roma Victor®

It's a pity this 'authenticity' didn't extend to the name of the game. But I guess that bit of bungled Latin was in Gladiator, so it HAS to be correct. When has Hollywood ever got anything historical wrong, after all.

Looks like the open beta is starting any day so register for it. It will be interesting to see how this turns out when it doesn't have any monthly fee.

I would like to know what gives with the Legionnaires having plumes on their helmets in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine
    My sources tell me the beta will be opening VERY shortly.
    beta has been out for years my friend. I got accepted into the beta testing team about a month ago, and now they're accepting hordes of people.... damn barbarians.

I signed up, but I haven't been accepted yet.

The point with this game is not to be "best graphics", or even largest game (who can compete with 3.5 million people playing WoW?).

The point and greatness of a game like Roma-Victor is in the community. In essence, the game is a sandbox for the interested person to play in (as opposed to a babysitter who walks the person through razzle dazzle).
    "And virtue is a harmonious disposition, choice-worthy for its own sake and not from hope or fear or any external motive. Moreover, it is in virtue that hapiness consists; for virtue is the state of mind which tends to make the whole of life harmonious."

-Diogenes Laertius

Be sure to check out Homer Reborn : The place where the Classics come alive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast