Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Improvement Pack for KGCM 4.1 RELEASED!!!

Default Re: Visual Improvement Pack for KGCM 3.9 RELEASED!!!

There are two types of accounts in vista, the hidden global "real" admin account, and then there is your user "admin" account. Basically you can give admin privleges to any account, but they are not system admin accounts equivilant to the hidden admin account. I'll throw up some links to help you later, but right now I have a paper to write. Cheers!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: Visual Improvement Pack for KGCM 4.1 RELEASED!!!

Hey there,

I've just successfully installed 3.0 and 4.1 Patch and am now trying this and Real Horses. When extracting, WinRAR came back with 456 errors, all of which said they could not open, and therefore I presume overwrite, their targets. I'm not sure if this means that if failed or not, so is there any way I can check to see if it has worked?

Thanks a lot!

Reece J.

EDIT: Okay, I'm quite sure it didn't work. I tried a custom battle with the Ritterbutter and mine appeared far different to those in the screenshot - boringly so. I'm guessing it's got to do with the stupid Vista "hidden administrator" thing. Any way to give WinRAR and VIP full authority to overwrite?

EDIT: Tried changing my M2TW folder and all it's contents to non-Read Only, but to no avail.

EDIT: After trying numerous hunches, I found that the problem was with my Security settings in the Preferences of my M2TW directory - One must edit the user (for example, mine is "Users (Reece/Users)"), not the administrator, to "Full Control", the extract as instructed (including deleting those four files). Problem solved!

EDIT: One final question. I've received no errors and everything appears to have gone smoothly, but is there any way to confirm if "Real Horses" installed correctly (I made sure not to extract the two folders I was not meant to )?
    Last edited by Frunk; June 15, 2009 at 07:43 AM.

ok so you extracted the 4 files of real horses leaving the barded and mailed horse as the instructions directed if so you should see the horse files in a file called final mounts probably the easiest way to see though is do a custom battle with an archer horseman troop as they ride fast ponies take a look at them if they have fine legs and a thin face rather than a fat ugly un horse looking face then you have installed real horses properly LOL

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Would it be possible to get some new units for the Byzantine Empire too?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

new units or new skins (new looking units) hmmm damn i remember some one had done a big byzantium rework of the units ill have to scan the mod work shop forum if i can find them and they will let me use them i might have a crack at trying to put them in i have been working withthe edu mdb etc etc with version 4.0 trying some things one being completing forrest rains work on the dismounted units i got the santiago ones working wasnt alot of point he didnt put them in campaign but i trying to slot them in campaign game just not sure what unit to remove to fit them in BALANCE BALANCE

ok i have downloaded CBUR work on byzantium is there any interest in there units ?? if so ill ask there permission to put some of there units and skins in a sub mod if not ill just add a few for myself for personal tastes please post here if interested .

to view there work check out the med2 forums

I'm only interested in new skins. I think dave has balanced unit rosters perfectly so any additional units would have to be carefully reviewed before adding them in. Plus, adding extra units along with a visual improvement submod drifts from its original intent. It would be cool if you could reskin the byzantine units already ingame with this submod, and if you like, create a seperate one that incorporates new units as well. I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I always seem to have trouble downloading submods. This is no exception. I wonder if it's possible to make an installer?

This Sub-Mod is very good, Iam enjoying the new skins, nonetheless i have a few comments:

-The new red banners of the Bizantine Empire do not look so good, I do not know it is just because Iam used to the purple color, but this red is wrong for this faction...

-You should make new banners for the Turkish, Teutonic, Scotish and other factions that I miss in this moment too, for example you can add a "black cross patte" banner for the TO.

-And I was wandering if you can change the Factions principal banners in the Campaing Mapfor a more cooles simbols (that is the ONLY thing that I like of the SS Mod, they make really beautiful new Main Banner to many factions)

Well that is all, beside my comments yor mod are very good, and you are a very talented person.

Cheers!
    Last edited by AdlerWolf; July 20, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

ah my only comment for this is you have SS downloaded and like there banners if it is for personal use it is very easy to take the files for the banners you like and put those files into KGCM so that you have those banners in this mod

oh and red would work very well for byzantium with the reworked models and skins for byzantium i did in the CBUR 4 KGCM sub mod i think there some of the best models in KGCM now (they werent made by me i just addapted them for this mod) gone is the purple in there models please what army in the world drapped themselves in a light purple there is still a little purple in the horse textures and generals enough that you still know your playing byzantium
    Last edited by Soul Firez; July 20, 2009 at 01:51 AM.

Firez your Mod is complete downloadable now?

ah yeah it just comes in 5 installements silly me i uploaded it to the forum and not the uploader it was a work in progress but yes it does all units barring the peasants and peasant archers it does there unit cards and info cards just download all 5 sections from the CBUR 4 KGCM section

you need all 5 for the complete package the first 3 do the models and textures the last 2 for the ui changes try them out they dont overwrite the vanilla so if you dont like just put the old models db file back in and your back to vanila skins

@TurkishWarrior,

When I downloaded and tested your submod to begin with I could not extract the files with WinRAR. I got the message archives not found! And it said the archive is either an unknown format or damaged.

However I was able to find a way around my problem by using a program called 7-zip to extract the files. Download link here. Please add this info into your opening post so that all users may experience your submod without this problem.

many thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 21, 2009 at 07:52 AM.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for this information. I have edited my post. Now hopefully there will be no problem with installing.

Hi AdlerWolf,

First, thank you very much for your nice comments. But unfortunately i am not a real modder. I have just collected best visual mods around and make them compatible with KGCM. Sorry for i couldnt help much...

Hi Incontinenta Buttox,

Im sorry to say i have no idea about making installers. However, I think instructions are clear and easy to apply.

Best regards.

Hey guys I was playing a battle and the textures of my soldiers change without even star the fight, when my general star the speech his armor was shining but when I move him then his close just turn dirty, this is weird, so i want to ask if this is part of the visual improvement mod.

this is a look of my general:

http://img269.imageshack.us/i/medievalp.png/

it is part of crimson itde dirtand blood mate some times it goes a bit wierd and he gets ubber dirty real quick but generally it just slowly aplies dirt as the battle goes on and well is very realistic ... but yes that odd occasion it goes to quick and he can go from clean to dirty by the time he finishes his speach (must mean he is speaking to much crap )

Newbie question. Since some of the files in this mod need to be placed in the default game installation folders, does that mean I need to have the M2TW game files unpacked in order to use this mod?

ì fear so to be able to mess with files you really need the game unpacked (which takes up alot more room on the hard drive) if you do unpack do rememeber to delete the geography_new files of the game will crash going into battles

Dex5600's Avatar Libertus

Hi. Could anyone advise if this sub-mod can be used with other mods, except KGCM? I'm already using it with it and i think it looks absolutely fantastic. Great work.
    I'm looking at integrating it with the Region and Provinces Mod. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

cool. anybody tried this with 4.2? does it work well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast