Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual Improvement Pack for KGCM 4.1 RELEASED!!!

Default Re: Visual Improvement Pack for KGCM 3.8 RELEASED!!!

Thanks guys and gals(?) I've disabled my antivirus and even used a different browser yet I keep getting 96.1 Megs and a corrupt file.. going to try to download from a different comp. Oh... and I love this mod even without the visuals.

Just installed it and looks brilliant. It's refreshing to look at something new after playing with vanilla textures all this time. RHP was also a great touch.

Quote Originally Posted by pwf224 View Post
    Just installed it and looks brilliant. It's refreshing to look at something new after playing with vanilla textures all this time. RHP was also a great touch.
    Great feedback! Thanks.

I've tried twice to download this now,the 2nd time with virus protection off and am told that it is not a valid RAR file.

Quote Originally Posted by Darviathar View Post
    I've tried twice to download this now,the 2nd time with virus protection off and am told that it is not a valid RAR file.

Actually i comressed it with 7-zip and then converted it to rar format. Try to download 7-zip which can be found in that link for free http://www.7-zip.org/ and install it.

Then, try to unrar the file again and say me if it works or not. Otherwise i will upload the file on a different site.
    Last edited by TurkishWarrior; April 02, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Will this work correctly with 3.9?

I have it running on 3.9 and it works perfectly fine

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Is this also for the 3.9 patch? (The newest one)

EDIT: Just read it

Is it save-game compatible?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

yes, because it changes things only on the battlemap, not the campaign map

Koljan's Avatar Senator

After uninstalling, i removed the remaining folder contents manually.
    I did not touch the M2tw master folder.
    I installed KGCM 3.0 then 3.9.
    Is there at this point anything i should do to get the pack working?
    should i unrar the files again into the m2tw master folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Koljan View Post
    After uninstalling, i removed the remaining folder contents manually.
    I did not touch the M2tw master folder.
    I installed KGCM 3.0 then 3.9.
    Is there at this point anything i should do to get the pack working?
    should i unrar the files again into the m2tw master folder?
    After a fresh installation of v3.9 as you mentioned above, you should unrar my "visual improvement pack" into your main M2TW(not into your kgcm folder or anything else) folder.

This mod works with 3.9 and will work with any possible further patches that wont touch game visuals.

BTW, this mod is save game compatible.
    Last edited by TurkishWarrior; April 08, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

Default Re: Visual Improvement Pack for KGCM 3.9 RELEASED!!!

Does the realistic horses cause the game not to start up if improperly installed?

it shouldn't

Do you have another download site.I keep getting error from rapid share.Is this any different than the 3.8 version.I was able to get that awhile back.Now you mention it as a 3.9 version.Unfortunately i can not get rapid share to work.Get error every time i click on free user.This is the message i keep getting.

:Your IP address is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed:

Well i'm not downloading when i get it.I have restarted my pc to try again and still get the same message.

All i did was click on your link,selected free user,waited for the time to start and boom,error messsage.

Can you put this download on filefront.I never have any trouble their.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; April 23, 2009 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Do you have another download site.I keep getting error from rapid share.Is this any different than the 3.8 version.I was able to get that awhile back.Now you mention it as a 3.9 version.Unfortunately i can not get rapid share to work.Get error every time i click on free user.This is the message i keep getting.

:Your IP address is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed:

Well i'm not downloading when i get it.I have restarted my pc to try again and still get the same message.

All i did was click on your link,selected free user,waited for the time to start and boom,error messsage.

Can you put this download on filefront.I never have any trouble their.

Never mind i figured it out on my own.Had to turn off proxy server to get it to work.

ok sorry for yet another stupid question long time player total newb to mods i have down loaded this submod but i could not find my instalation directory i use vista yes i know shoot me now so i have extracted them to a seperate file waiting to figure how to add them to my game help anyone plus rep if you do

Read this:

I saw that quite a lot of us got this problem, as there's 4 or 5 topics already about this. I had the same problem but after spending almost hour I found solution, at there is it:

first go to your folder option and make sure that you change settings so you'll be able to see all hidden folders and files.
    now go to 'users' folder, next double click on 'user' folder (the one that contains all documents, downloads etc). you'll see new hidden folder called 'AppData'. go there. there should be 3 subfolders. go to 'Local'. next folder that we're looking for is 'VirtualStore'. next again you'll see 3 folders. this time click on 'Program Files'. and depends where did you install your game you should be able to find folder. inside medieval2 folder there's another cfg file that you had to change. also this folder contains your save game and few other data. in my occasion i install medieval in games folder so my path is looking like this C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ Games\Medieval2 Total War
    hope that helps you a little

BTW that also could applied to your other games who are in this folder. Apparently system is putting all config and save files in this hidden folder and using them later.

To administrators - maybe we can stick it somewhere people will be able to see this straight away, than looking at forum

I saw this thread before, but still there's few other posts where poeple are still asking this question and looking for answer. That's why I deceided to open new one.
    I will make a shorcut from other one too, so hopefully that will help others

Hi,
    to everyone who have a problem to change or locate config file and is runnig vista system, please read this post http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1658486&posted=1#post1658486

ah ok well i unhid my files went into users appdata local virtualstore program files there was no games section but was a sega one then medieval but i still cant find a installation is it called this is there another name for it like updater any ideas oh and that post was to find save game and i can find my save games just not my instalation directory to install this mod sigh damn vista
    Last edited by Soul Firez; May 03, 2009 at 04:00 AM.

I'm assuming you checked the obvious C:/program files/sega/medieval II total war

I have vista too but there is a way to set up your vista platform to work like the old XP. You have to enable the hidden admin account, log in using that one, turn off the user account control etc.

For my vista everything installs normal like XP to the above file path. With user control off there is no more virtual store, even my save games, preferences, etc all are in my main medieval II total war folder. The admin set up is really the way to go. Check there and let me know what you find. Maybe I can help you more if I know more about your set up.

HMM sounds like i need to do that because this is crazy it splits the files all over the place some i need are in the normal files some are in the virtual store and heaven only knows where the rest are ill try figure how to log as admin i am the only user so saftey no issue cause it drives me nuts everytime i try to do something says i need admin approval and i am admin LOL cheers forrest rain looks like ill be sorting that and doing a full reinstall of game so it doesnt do this crazy file swaping stuff

hmm was pain in the butt but damn yes everything in one easy to find logical place not split in 3 files some hidden what was microsoft thinking LOL a big plus rep to you forrest cheers mate and thanks for helping also dave its nice to see some support givin to us lowely fans were not worthy
    Last edited by Soul Firez; May 03, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast