Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Completely new and revised remodelled Preussens gloria (V1.2) 27/5/2012

Default Re: Completely new and revised remodelled Preussens gloria (V1.1) 10/4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    Great work as always, i love your textures you are really quite a competent textures , quite more than me.
    Thank you, but it's kind of funny, because you know none of it is mine. It is all your work.
    I retouched the officer.

And your fusilier is simply amazing! Actually, I was not sure about the size of the cap from your pictures, but I think it is perfect already. I only replaced the front plate and the metal devices at the side and back of the cap with the real ones from IR35.
    You see, I could live with the fusilier model from the Sponge mod, but you perfected it beyond my dreams. I could not imagine anyone would be able to make such a perfrect Prussian fusilier, which was not even an elite unit, except this IR35 perhaps.

Default Re: Completely new and revised remodelled Preussens gloria (V1.1) 10/4/2012

The fusilier guards, which look much like Grenadiers.

EDIT:note that the body parts and the cuffs are made by Wangrin, my own parts are the legs(in particular the gaiters and the shoe buckles), and the hat, and of course the combination and the edit

Also the texture is not final, it is a very very early version
    I think they are actually grenadiers from the Füsilier-Leibgarde Regiment. In the original plate by Richard Knötel you posted, it is noted from left to right: "Coporal, Grenadier-Spielmann, Gefreiten-Corporal, Grenadier, Offizier, Feldwebel" from the (white) Füsilier-Leibgarde in 1708.
    Your model is perfect. My God, are you going to make every 18th century Prussian uniform depicted in all those plates? It's just astonishing!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by A_Menzel View Post
    Thank you, but it's kind of funny, because you know none of it is mine. It is all your work.
    I retouched the officer.

And your fusilier is simply amazing! Actually, I was not sure about the size of the cap from your pictures, but I think it is perfect already. I only replaced the front plate and the metal devices at the side and back of the cap with the real ones from IR35.
    You see, I could live with the fusilier model from the Sponge mod, but you perfected it beyond my dreams. I could not imagine anyone would be able to make such a perfrect Prussian fusilier, which was not even an elite unit, except this IR35 perhaps.

Wow i like very much your textures , you did a great job as always indeed.
    As for the fusilier cap, iam not sure about its size but since you said that it is almost perfect then i'll keep it as it is, it is a bit wider than the grenadier cap though .

I think they are actually grenadiers from the Füsilier-Leibgarde Regiment. In the original plate by Richard Knötel you posted, it is noted from left to right: "Coporal, Grenadier-Spielmann, Gefreiten-Corporal, Grenadier, Offizier, Feldwebel" from the (white) Füsilier-Leibgarde in 1708.
    Your model is perfect. My God, are you going to make every 18th century Prussian uniform depicted in all those plates? It's just astonishing!
    Thanks for the explanation of the description, the fact is that i have this book about the early prussians that' i've send you but i havent read it yet, so my knowledge extends as far as the pictures do.
    I wasnt thinkin in creating every single regiment of that period, only 2 or 3 basic ones, i have already finished 2 early grenadier styles, and 2 regiments , then i'll make 2 or 3 musketeers and the same amount of cavalry, then i must make the drummers and the officers and a basic really basic artillery man , and thats it, probably in the future i can make more regiments .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluthand View Post
    Yes i am aware of that site, but thank you very much for bringing that up Bluthand
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

When you publish the new fusilier?

Quote Originally Posted by szwajcar View Post
    When you publish the new fusilier?
    I was thinking of publishing them together with the new textures that A_MENZEL will make, but if there is some general requirment for them, i will publish them as a patch.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I wish I could model as good as you megas, you have some serious skill +rep
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Your models are great. I want to use them to the Polish Army in 1776. Had a very similar uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    I wish I could model as good as you megas, you have some serious skill +rep
    Hey thanks , dont think that iam making something from scratch(only minor things) , i have learned to combine parts and edit them but you can have a decent outcome.

Your models are great. I want to use them to the Polish Army in 1776. Had a very similar uniforms.
    You can use them of course, as for the fusiliers i'll post them as a seperate file.
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; April 28, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks Megasalexandros. Of course the uniforms of polish are red but the font very similar to your Prussian with old hat.

This is now the definitive Prussian mod. Great work mate.

I have found a side where you can search books, there i have found a book from 1763 with the Preußen uniforms, i dont now you know this, but it is very good, the side is in english and german, this book has 260 sides. what i talk, look self , you can download it as PDF

http://digital.slub-dresden.de
    Last edited by Bluthand; April 28, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie_john View Post
    This is now the definitive Prussian mod. Great work mate.

Thank you very much aggie John, iam doing what i can
    I have found a side where you can search books, there i have found a book from 1763 with the Preußen uniforms, i dont now you know this, but it is very good, the side is in english and german, this book has 260 sides. what i talk, look self , you can download it as PDF

http://digital.slub-dresden.de
    Bluthand i really appereciate very much your help, unfortunately the link you send me gives me a white window, can you check it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?dg8vtg7scnh49cx

Iam giving the Fusilier files, but they are just raw files, they are not a mod , i will upload them in a while as a mod file in the download section.
    In order to use the above files you have to insert them via PFM

Thank you very much aggie John, iam doing what i can

Bluthand i really appereciate very much your help, unfortunately the link you send me gives me a white window, can you check it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?dg8vtg7scnh49cx

Iam giving the Fusilier files, but they are just raw files, they are not a mod , i will upload them in a while as a mod file in the download section.
    In order to use the above files you have to insert them via PFM
    ok, you must hit the home button, and than write in the searchbar "Uniformen" . Search and than it found this
    Uniformen der preussischen Armee

[ca. 1763] 1763

go to additonal links , there is the book

I am sorry, for the absence. I was busy last weekend, but was able to re-texture grenadier, musketeer, officer and NCO of the 12th Regiment. I haven't done the drummer yet.

Wow i like very much your textures , you did a great job as always indeed.
    As for the fusilier cap, iam not sure about its size but since you said that it is almost perfect then i'll keep it as it is, it is a bit wider than the grenadier cap though .
    Thanks for the explanation of the description, the fact is that i have this book about the early prussians that' i've send you but i havent read it yet, so my knowledge extends as far as the pictures do.
    I wasnt thinkin in creating every single regiment of that period, only 2 or 3 basic ones, i have already finished 2 early grenadier styles, and 2 regiments , then i'll make 2 or 3 musketeers and the same amount of cavalry, then i must make the drummers and the officers and a basic really basic artillery man , and thats it, probably in the future i can make more regiments .
    As I said, I only replaced the front plate of the fusilier cap. I did not notice it was wider than the grenadier cap, it should be the same width, but it doesn't matter.
    I bought that book on Prussian Army under Frederick I. You should look at page 33. Regular soldier (fusilier?) of Füsilier-Leibgarde is depicted at the far left, with tricorn and buff leather breeches.
    It would be great if you make the officer in red coat, something unique for the earlier period.
    Hello Szwajcar!
    I think you mean some of the Polish grenadiers. The front plate was higher.
    Saxons had similar caps under August the Strong. He was also the king of Poland then.
    I hope Megasalexandros makes this type of cap in the future for both Poland and Saxony.
    ok, you must hit the home button, and than write in the searchbar "Uniformen" . Search and than it found this
    Uniformen der preussischen Armee
    [ca. 1763] 1763
    go to additonal links , there is the book
    Thanks for the link! I have not seen this one before.
    Last edited by A_Menzel; April 30, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

I am sorry, for the absence. I was busy last weekend, but was able to re-texture grenadier, musketeer, officer and NCO of the 12th Regiment. I haven't done the drummer yet.

As I said, I only replaced the front plate of the fusilier cap.
    I bought that book on Prussian Army under Frederick I. You should look at page 33. Regular soldier (fusilier?) of Füsilier-Leibgarde is depicted at the far left, with tricorn and buff leather breeches.
    It would be great if you make the officer in red coat, something unique for the earlier period.

Hello Szwajcar!
    I think you mean some of the Polish grenadiers. The front plate was higher.
    Saxons had similar caps under August the Strong. He was also the king of Poland then.
    I hope Megasalexandros makes this type of cap in the future for both Poland and Saxony.

Thanks for the link! I have not seen this one before.

Firstly ,AMAZING textures as always, i really find as my favorite textures the ones you've made for PG, your textures are exceptionally well made

2nd, what cap you are reffering to? Can you post a picture?

Also i have seen those musketeers, i intend to make them ,they are going to be one of the 3 regiments that iam going to make for each prussian arm, grenadiers,musketeers, cavalry
    I want to add as part of the model , the collar of that coat, but since it is extended , it will trouble me a bit,not to say alot

Firstly ,AMAZING textures as always, i really find as my favorite textures the ones you've made for PG, your textures are exceptionally well made

2nd, what cap you are reffering to? Can you post a picture?

Also i have seen those musketeers, i intend to make them ,they are going to be one of the 3 regiments that iam going to make for each prussian arm, grenadiers,musketeers, cavalry
    I want to add as part of the model , the collar of that coat, but since it is extended , it will trouble me a bit,not to say alot
    Thank you for the complement.
    I think I gave you some pictures of Saxon soldiers before.
    I'll show you some more.
    I think Szwajcar meant these.This Polish grenadier from 1776 in the middle is wearing an old saxon-style grenadier cap. There were also grenadiers with bearskin cap and Russian type grenadier cap in the same period (1776) according to this book.

A picture of an unit in 1732 from the same book, one of just two or three I have on Polish army.

Some pictures of the Saxon Guard grenadiers.

Saxon (and Polish) headgears around 1730s under August the Strong. Some grenadiers had caps like later Prussian fusiliers except for the higher front plate, others had a cap with a bag-like thing.

Earlier grenadier from 1717-1729. The front plate is cloth covered like the Prussians at the time, this cap should also have the bag like some of the caps above.

Very nice and useful material, i think ill need your help in every single Germanic nation that ill plan to do, the problem that comes up with all those units ,is which one should one create..
    That will be a headache!

I think that ill stop being lazy for the early Prussians, ill pace them up to finish them within a few days and the start off with the early Austrians, which iam quite in a hurry to create. I will also make Eugene of Savoy , i was searching for a realistic depiction of him and i found out a nice one in Osprey series!

Hi A.Menzel!
    Uniforms of polish were modelled on saxon and under hat grenadiers were similar to fusilier.
    Great pictures!
    I have a little trouble with the finding more ilustrations of polish army.

Very nice and useful material, i think ill need your help in every single Germanic nation that ill plan to do, the problem that comes up with all those units ,is which one should one create..
    That will be a headache!

I think that ill stop being lazy for the early Prussians, ill pace them up to finish them within a few days and the start off with the early Austrians, which iam quite in a hurry to create. I will also make Eugene of Savoy , i was searching for a realistic depiction of him and i found out a nice one in Osprey series!
    You are obviously far from lazy, and you are a fast worker.
    As I said before, I hope you will create Saxons from 1730s in the future. Augustus the Strong (August der Starke) was one of the most fascinating figures in the 18th century Germany, though completely the opposite of the Frederick the Great. He was a flamboyant king with many mistresses. He also formed the basis of Dresden's landscape today, and also saved the alchemist Johann Friedrich Böttger from the Prussians, resulting in the manufacture of the Meißener porcelain which still continues to this day and considered by many to be the best in the industry.
    And as Szwajcar pointed out, if you make early Saxons, you'll get Polish units as well. Since Augustus the Strong was also elected king of Poland, which brought Western/German influences on Polish troops, and Eastern/Polish influences on Saxon Troops. Maybe you can make even the king himself as well.

Meanwhile, I finished IR12. It is now complete with the drummer.

I have started on IR13. I skipped this regiment earlier, because I do not have the front plate of the grenadier cap. In fact this it the only front plate without any records, probably lost long before people started to pay attention to those things in the mid 19th century.
    So I used the plate for IR5, and changed the colour from brass to silver.

I also modified IR35. I gave it "my" waistcoat and buttons, and also changed the shade of the yellow to a bit cream-like sulfur yellow. This is a matter of taste, but I wanted to make the yellow different from IR15.

I think the fusiliers look great even from a distance.

Megasalexandros, it maybe difficult to see from the above pictures, but I corrected the belt buckle, using the alpha channel. How is it now?
    Last edited by A_Menzel; May 02, 2012 at 10:48 AM.