Thread: Why ETW dont have any compilation mod?

Default Why ETW dont have any compilation mod?

Is a little strange,but I dont see any compilation mod yet,like DLV or SS ,is possibel do it?
    There are many mods now,AI ,textures,effects,sounds etc ,so,why nobody made a compilation?I

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Why ETW dont have any compilation mod?

Quote Originally Posted by metenojo View Post
    Is a little strange,but I dont see any compilation mod yet,like DLV or SS ,is possibel do it?
    There are many mods now,AI ,textures,effects,sounds etc ,so,why nobody made a compilation?I
    Think it might be slightly too early to get a good complation mod together.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't try any mod yet,because they don't use the proper system to don't mess the original files ,but with all this ones I guess that they could start a compilation.
    Last edited by pajomife; March 24, 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

The game has been out a few weeks and you are asking for SS E:TW version o.0
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

Groove74's Avatar Miles

I am no modder, but If I had to guess I think there are 2 things slowing down the big mods.

1. game only been out for a short time.

2. game broken waiting for the patchs
    Monitor 23 in Widescreen HD Gateway 1680X1050
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    CPU AMD Phenom quad core 920 2.8 Ghz
    Graphics Radeon HD 5770 HD 1Gig..Ram HD
    Ram 4gig DDR2 1066 OCZ Fatality
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bongfu View Post
    The game has been out a few weeks and you are asking for SS E:TW version o.0
    SS or DLV I suppose,id like to see at least a compilation of few mini mods.Some people don't have any patience,I dont install any mod yet ,im waiting for a "secure" mod.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

What for do you need a compilation, if most players have different ideas of an optimal game, anyway, and E:TW has a brillant modular mod system?

Regarding fixes to the vanilla game, I'll make my own choices on what feels right and what doesn't, thank you very much.

A big mod including many changes at once only makes sense if these changes rely on each other.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    What for do you need a compilation, if most players have different ideas of an optimal game, anyway, and E:TW has a brillant modular mod system?

Regarding fixes to the vanilla game, I'll make my own choices on what feels right and what doesn't, thank you very much.

A big mod including many changes at once only makes sense if these changes rely on each other.
    I use to mix my self the medieval mods,or tweek some txt or xml files because I understand,a little,the files after unpack,but the new method is chinese for me,and the instalation cause me so many troubles than i have afraid of mess original files.And with those automatics updates,I m afraid .This game is not mod friendly in this moment.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

On the contrary, the way CA chose ensures that automatic updates won't break your game at all.
    Don't use any mods that use a patch.pack replacement, anymore. Go with the proper mod packs and the user script file (heck, there's even a mod manager out that writes that file for you!), and you don't have to be afraid of any patches.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    On the contrary, the way CA chose ensures that automatic updates won't break your game at all.
    Don't use any mods that use a patch.pack replacement, anymore. Go with the proper mod packs and the user script file (heck, there's even a mod manager out that writes that file for you!), and you don't have to be afraid of any patches.
    The point where mods are getting to is kinda how Oblivions modding system is. You place the file in data, and then activate it with the mod manager. If you don't want to use it deactivate it.

Of course this is all because of the modding community and not CA.

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

I still dont get why vanilla campain AI is so crap, darth made it work in his version 0.2 in 2 weeks. Its not perfect but it makes the game harder.