Thread: Crosshair In Sleep

Hotdog's Avatar Civis
    My body is in Wisconsin, but my mind is at my home planet, Pluto.

Does anyone else see crosshairs or dream of playing a game in there sleep? I was just able to get the lastest version of EOD(v.42 for those concerned) a mod for BF1942. I dreamt I was playing the game, my vision was the sceen. The worst this ever happened, was after I play the newer Wolfenstein; all I saw was a red crosshair jerking and stuttering. I can't imagine what a real flash back must be like. I have had a few of Rome aswell. Maybe I play too many video games,...nya.

Gelatinous Cube's Avatar Ducenarius

I've been playing Medieval Total War, and Romance of the Thee Kingdoms IX so much lately that most my dreams consist of me playing them. The scary thing is, using tactics from one of my dreams, I managed to conquer a nearby faction in RTK9 that had been bugging me for days.
    Cube: I want a sign from god, in special godly ink, proving his existence.
    Poets: What if you have to take it on Faith?
    Cube: Bah, no deal. That's like a crack-head asking for $5 on Credit.

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

Originally posted by Gelatinous Cube@Apr 30 2005, 01:22 PM
    The scary thing is, using tactics from one of my dreams, I managed to conquer a nearby faction in RTK9 that had been bugging me for days.
    Hey Cube, you right-wing nutter, I was just talking about this phenomenon in two threads, "what is intelligence" and "what is god", can I use you as an example of the problem solving power of the unconscious mind?

As for the other phenomenon of seeing games in my sleep, yup, done that. It always happens when you play too much. I used to get it after six-hour marathons of multiplayer command and conquer. I'd go to bed at 7 am after playin all night and see ore trucks and mammoth tanks rumbling about in my dreams. Ah, those were the days.
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

Gelatinous Cube's Avatar Ducenarius

Originally posted by Nihil@Apr 30 2005, 01:27 PM
    Hey Cube, you right-wing nutter, I was just talking about this phenomenon in two threads, "what is intelligence" and "what is god", can I use you as an example of the problem solving power of the unconscious mind?

As for the other phenomenon of seeing games in my sleep, yup, done that. It always happens when you play too much. I used to get it after six-hour marathons of multiplayer command and conquer. I'd go to bed at 7 am after playin all night and see ore trucks and mammoth tanks rumbling about in my dreams. Ah, those were the days.
    :blink

Sure, use me as an example if you like. It's not that out-there though. I dreamed that I had sent three armies at them simultaneously, when previously i've always been a stickler for only having one army out on the field at any given time. Turns out three armies did the trick.
    Cube: I want a sign from god, in special godly ink, proving his existence.
    Poets: What if you have to take it on Faith?
    Cube: Bah, no deal. That's like a crack-head asking for $5 on Credit.