Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Grass 1.0 (for M2TW)

Default Better Grass 1.0 (for M2TW)

Better Grass 1.0

Better Grass is a mod that modifies the battlemap look, with brand new grass and flora types, making the landscape looking like what you see in a tourist postcard! Every climate has it own different flora, that will catch your eye immediately.

Get a view of these breathtaking landscapes here

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Better Grass 1.0 (for M2TW)

Looks absolutely stunning! Seems all the grass has flowers in it?
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

yes. Some climates hasnt flowers, as steppe who has 2 different graminae plants..

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

"...making the landscape looking like what you see in a tourist postcard."

Can you show me only ONE of this postcards please (and don't take pics of horticultural shows, park and similiar places just natural enviroment please for all climates).

THX for this and Regards A.U.
    “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Usher View Post
    "...making the landscape looking like what you see in a tourist postcard."

Can you show me only ONE of this postcards please (and don't take pics of horticultural shows, park and similiar places just natural enviroment please for all climates).

THX for this and Regards A.U.

Well, if u have the chance to go in Dolomites Mountains, local souvenirs shops has some nice postcards of mountains, surrounded by flowered edelweiss fields. I dont have the scanner. I cannot scan the postcards i took when i was in there
    Last edited by DAVIDE; March 24, 2009 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    Well, if u have the chance to go in Dolomites Mountains, local souvenirs shops has some nice postcards of mountains, surrounded by flowered edelweiss fields. I dont have the scanner. I cannot scan the postcards i took when i was in there
    Ok next please. One pic with the daisies or primroses please.
    Sry but where have you seen flowers growing curved like yours (daisy pic as example)?
    And do you really think all flowers should be only clones there is absolutely no variances in the most of your grass textures. Go out and meet mother nature she is the best teacher.

Regards A.U.
    “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Sry but where have you seen flowers growing curved like yours (daisy pic as example)?
    And do you really think all flowers should be only clones there is absolutely no variances in the most of your grass textures. Go out and meet mother nature she is the best teacher.

Regards A.U.
    Calm down...

Regards A.U.
    so what's the problem dude? why are u attackin me?

it's obvious i cannot recreate 100% real ambience, simply because med2 has engine limits and u should know that. I dont see even the purpose to put 3000 different flowers in the same texture, who will make battlefield close to a 1700 victorian style garden for sure, instead of a normal flowered field

you are not obliged to install or play the mod if u dont like it

Not gonna lie when I first saw a better grass mod I thought to myself who cares but having seen these pics WOW is all i got to say
    Check out my AAR on the Makedonia Spartan league based off the campaign
    "Take of a Makedonia Spartan"

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    so what's the problem dude? why are u attackin me?

it's obvious i cannot recreate 100% real ambience, simply because med2 has engine limits and u should know that. I dont see even the purpose to put 3000 different flowers in the same texture, who will make battlefield close to a 1700 victorian style garden for sure, instead of a normal flowered field

you are not obliged to install or play the mod if u dont like it
    Indeed it is obvious you cannot recreate 100% real ambience.

Then i see it as an insult if someone speak with me without respect so please stop your slang speech and calling me dude.
    I never attacked you personally and i just asked you for some reference files of your work.
    I will look at your files but i have already seen much better work with an older tw engine.
    If someone makes a mod and calls it BETTER Grass (IMO an insult to any of former work by CA skinners), had the time for dev (several months) and then start here to cry if someone makes a critical comment about his mod well then make a BETA for your next project or take more care if you make textures.

@Wolfcoat You have never seen a sith angry before or ? So i can tell you i am completely relaxed atm.

Regards A.U.

Indeed it is obvious you cannot recreate 100% real ambience.
    this point is clear

Then i see it as an insult if someone speak with me without respect so please stop your slang speech and calling me dude.
    I never attacked you personally and i just asked you for some reference files of your work.
    i dont cry if someone criticizes me. It's since 2005 i mod things so no problem about "eventual critics"

reference: CliffRose flowers for example... i went to greece 2 years ago and it's considered one of their national flowers.. grows on arid - semi-arid grounds conditions, findable massively close to the sea or hills. blossoms in march-june, one flower blossoms a day. It is used in incense and in older days goats were let into the bushed and the flowers stuck onto them and then they were picked off the animals. In modern days pieces of cloth and leather are dragged through the fields

Greece second Med2 editor is considered "arid", so i chose to give that to the climate.

is it enough?

I will look at your files but i have already seen much better work with an older tw engine.
    not my problem at all. As i said in BG sub forum, medII grass is planned thru vertical-horizontal-diagonal lines and it's not developed uniformely as CA made in RTW

If someone makes a mod and calls it BETTER Grass (IMO an insult to any of former work by CA skinners), had the time for dev (several months) and then start here to cry if someone makes a critical comment about his mod well then make a BETA for your next project or take more care if you make textures.

Did u prefer i make 3d models of flowers in game, who med II will consider 30000% 3d objects? with the result of soldiers who beats their body against them, simply cuz med2 will see flowers exactly as a tree or an fixed obstacle

"better grass" not means better in the planet. Is it better than vanilla med2 one? yes

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

seems like a rather harsh critique...I myself feel that the new grass elements make for a rather more lively looking battlefield,excellent work

thanks

Wow... that looks really awesome, davide! Nice work!

@ Agent: You do realize that the title is "Better Grass", and not, "Best Grass", right? And I hope that you also realize that that was not criticism, but rather an attack. Saying "it sucks" isn't a valid criticism, and neither is criticizing things that are hardcoded. Maybe next time you could make specific suggestions for how to make it better, if it gets under your skin that much. Cheers!
    Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
    An open mouth often catches a closed fist!

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Ah, very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by aesthete View Post
    @ Argent: You do realize that the title is "Better Grass", and not, "Best Grass", right? And I hope that you also realize that that was not criticism, but rather an attack. Saying "it sucks" isn't a valid criticism, and neither is criticizing things that are hardcoded. Maybe next time you could make specific suggestions for how to make it better, if it gets under your skin that much. Cheers!
    Whatever you mean... but i can't remember me i said "It sucks..." but you can quote the line.

I gave davide.cool a first bug report in his thread and told him why it looks unrealistic versus a natural enviroment that's more as i can see by other members.

Regards A.U.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Pθre fourmois

It can be smoked also ?...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

One pice of advice.

Get rid of the flowers.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

wow, those maps look lovley

I must admit there are perhaps a few too many flowers

But very nice work +rep ^-^

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Fireward77's Avatar Civis

Wow i'm almost wanting to get MTW 2 Just to download this mod! +Rep
    Last edited by Fireward77; March 24, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast