Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

Default Re: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

i'll play as the minamoto clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    The Miyamoto Clan?

That'll be the Swordmaster's day
    Heck yeah, I love Feudal Japan. It's soo full of "colors".

yeah, japan's cool

Goodis's Avatar Libertus

I WILL UNITE ALL THE BIG TRIBES AND DESTROY THE SMALL ONES AS TEMUDJIN AND BECOME GHENGHIS! HAHA THE CHINESE WILL FEAR ME! MUAHAHA =F

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Somebody, kidnap Borte and took her to America, so Temudjin will become conqueror of the Aztec instead!

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

I change my mind, I'll play as Song for their awesomeness, then play as Tibet or a South Asian country.

mynamoto clan

For those who've said Minamoto, why not Taira?

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

i picked minamoto because they have a blue symbol and seem to be the underdog.

JayRoc's Avatar Laetus

I think Goryeo&Song is the best Faction.
    Goryeo&Song Dynasty was the best in east asia

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I guess the Mongols first quickly followed by the Song.

Taira no Kiyomori will lead the Taira clan to victory over our Minamoto foes, crushing all opposition across Japan, before spreading the Taira name all across Asia!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Shintaro View Post
    Taira no Kiyomori will lead the Taira clan to victory over our Minamoto foes, crushing all opposition across Japan, before spreading the Taira name all across Asia!!
    LIES!!!Minamoto shall prevail!

Icon7 Re: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    For those who've said Minamoto, why not Taira?
    Everyone loves the legendary Minamoto no Yoshitsune!!!! and his legendarily beautiful wife...

Yeah I would probably pick Goryeo or Minamoto, even though I am of Chinese descent, because Song seems like a big mess and I hate big messes, and I prefer infantry to cavalry so

ChivalrousKiller's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: What Faction Do You Concider the Best?

Quote Originally Posted by Wundai View Post
    Well?
    Why is no one replying "Japanese Factions" yet? Cmon people!
    Japanese factions

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Hehe that was some time ago, but the fire around the Japanese Factions is never put out

For those who said Dai Viet is the best because they defeated the Mongols for three times, i think you have missed some main point. Mongols lost because of the disadvantaging terrain and weather in Dai Viet. In the forests, rivers and mountains of Dai Viet, the Mongols cavalry was immobilized, thus almost strength less, and most of their tactics cannot be used. They had to fight naval battles which were their weakness.
    Also, Mongolians used to live in the frigid zone like Mongolia. They got sick very soon after they entered the hot and humid south-east asia. Disease and plague caused casualties to Mongols and their morale plummet. Under these two conditions, it would be easy to defeat the Mongols.
    However, the courage of Dai Viet soldiers and excellent generals are admirable and should be praised by the world.
    As i am a Chinese, i would certainly go for the Song. Despite the pitiful government, Song was superior in a lot of aspect like economy, technology, culture. The first landmine, grenade, gun, multistage rocket, joint stock companies system were invented during Song Dynasty. The prosperity of Song was beyond compare to other country around it. As for the battle against Mongols, I don't know how many battles they have won but I do know that they managed to kill the Mongols emperor in the battle of Diaoyucheng釣魚城之戰, which the city had besieged for 36 years. The other city襄陽 was almost unconquerable to the Mongols because the city moat was 150metres wide but the longest range of the Mongols artillery was only about 100metres far. The city didn't fall until the invention of the improved version of trebuchet回回炮 which had over 200metres of range.( I am not sure whether the unit "meters" here is the same as the book I read from, btw sorry for my poor English.)
    Anyway, I am looking forward to playing the mod. It would be fun to rewrite history

I think this mod is great for all the factions that will be playable, mongols, tibetans, chinese, vietnamese and japanese factions. But I'm eager to play both the Bagan Empire and the Khmer Empire, I'm really surprised that Bagan hasn't caught any attention by the community. Maybe it's because there is not much information about medieval burma in western media, like you know, NG or Discovery Channel, or mentioned in books. It's understood since there has been great tension between the current goverment of Burma(Myanmar) and western goverments. If you have some time, check something about the burmese kingdom of Bagan, it's pretty interesting and amazing.

I'll be playing as the Song Dynasty first. This is going to be a great mod!
    Make America great again!

I will play as the peaceful Tibet and crush everybody around me.