Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

Default Re: What Faction Do You Consider the Best?

Quote Originally Posted by gamevn View Post
    As i said, i'm looking for a balance mod, but if you as which faction do you like? Then my answer is Mongol. I always like cavalry, like Rohan in Lord of the Rings
    Same here

But i'm rather in Horse Archer, love playing BC
    _____________________________________________________________________________

kennychan222's Avatar Laetus

I like Playing Song Dynasty and Goryeo...

Song: as it was the most advanced and developed empire at that time. The army was very well-equiped. And the economic system was also the best too...Conquering the whole world is not a problem

Goryeo: As I like Korean Culture heaps due to unique culture, Goryeo can express its unique from Chinese and Japanese culture. And it's the best way to trade with all Eastern factions too..And I can conquer South East Asia in the name of Goryeo too!!

Goryeo: As I like Korean Culture heaps due to unique culture, Goryeo can express its unique from Chinese and Japanese culture. And it's the best way to trade with all Eastern factions too..And I can conquer South East Asia in the name of Goryeo too!!
    Althought I am czary fan of Admirel Yi Su Sin and Joan of Arc, But you really think your Goryeo can defeat Unlimited War Elephant Army of SEA ????

Until now, let see... North Asia Kingdoms usually strong about cavalry . South Asia Kingdoms strong about War Elephant. Central Asia South Song strong about technology and firearm. Tibet... I don't know. Japan... I don't know, too, may be morale.
    Last edited by yevon; September 05, 2009 at 04:48 AM.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by bakabaka View Post
    Japan is the best. Always.
    As it should be

Kara Khitai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Song dynasty of course.... It contained within it more than 30% of the world's GDP lol.

I would definetely Chose the Song dynasty
    but maybe the Jin cause they kinda beaten the Song alot of times.

Quote Originally Posted by yevon View Post
    I really think Korea is the best faction. No have any faction can fight against Mongol 7 times like them.
    you wrong!!!korea can fight against mongol 7 times,but they were lose!,only daiviet can win Mongol 3 times^^ at the 3rd times the mongol must sent almost army in the japan and korea to invade DV with total 800000 menso that the japan could win the mongol invantion and become the second nation can win mongol at that times

you wrong!!!korea can fight against mongol 7 times,but they were lose!,only daiviet can win Mongol 3 times^^ at the 3rd times the mongol must sent almost army in the japan and korea to invade DV with total 800000 menso that the japan could win the mongol invantion and become the second nation can win mongol at that times
    Even I am Vietnamese, I have to talk with you: if Hubilai weren't die too soon in 1294, Daiviet would be invaded more, more and more until when they be destroy like Korea. Hubilai doesn't stop until he win. He doesn't like other emperor, he invaded for his honor more than any Nation's reality interest like resource or something like that. Daiviet really can win forever when fight with a mad man like that? He ready kill all of Yuan's civillian if it help him win ( to prepare for 1288th invasion, he forced Yuan civillian have to render up all of their food, even when they very hungry and almost die because don't have food to live.) . You should remember, after defeated Yuan empire in 1288, Daiviet fell into one great famine. Althought I am Vietnames, and I know Vietnamese very best when defeated Mongol and Yuan empire in 1258, 1285, 1288 ( Hubilai use even soldier in Japan into DV, and Daiviet ally with South Song's remain soldier and Champa to fight with Yuan Empire), but If DV have to in same conjuncture like Korea ( have to fighting foreve - don't have any supply - until when they be defeated), they will lose like Korea.

Korea had win six times, Daiviet win three times, Japan in two times, South Song ( my knowledge about end of South Song very confusing, I only know they had defeat Mongol one or two... I don't know exactly.). Because of that, I see Korea is the bestest faction in this timeline.

Mongol use 40 000 soldier ( 20 000 Mongol and 20 000 Dali) in 1258.
    In 1258 or 1288, I see Yuan Empire may be only use 200 000 - 300 000 soldier in every invasion. In war, people usually exaggerate their army, normal with Yuan empire if they say their " 200 000 soldier" become " 500 000 soldier", as same as Daiviet in 1285 have total 150 000 soldier ( palace guard, Familiar army, Local army, militia, Highlander, South Song, peasant,...) but they say that they have 200 000 soldier ( only with Palace guard, Local army and Familiar army).
    Last edited by yevon; December 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM.

Even I am Vietnamese, I have to talk with you: if Hubilai weren't die too soon in 1294, Daiviet would be invaded more, more and more until when they be destroy like Korea. Hubilai doesn't stop until he win. He doesn't like other emperor, he invaded for his honor more than any Nation's reality interest like resource or something like that. Daiviet really can win forever when fight with a mad man like that? He ready kill all of Yuan's civillian if it help him win ( to prepare for 1288th invasion, he forced Yuan civillian have to render up all of their food, even when they very hungry and almost die because don't have food to live.) . You should remember, after defeated Yuan empire in 1288, Daiviet fell into one great famine. Althought I am Vietnames, and I know Vietnamese very best when defeated Mongol and Yuan empire in 1258, 1285, 1288 ( Hubilai use even soldier in Japan into DV, and Daiviet ally with South Song's remain soldier and Champa to fight with Yuan Empire), but If DV have to in same conjuncture like Korea ( have to fighting foreve - don't have any supply - until when they be defeated), they will lose like Korea.

Korea had win six times, Daiviet win three times, Japan in two times, South Song ( my knowledge about end of South Song very confusing, I only know they had defeat Mongol one or two... I don't know exactly.). Because of that, I see Korea is the bestest faction in this timeline.

Mongol use 40 000 soldier ( 20 000 Mongol and 20 000 Dali) in 1258.
    In 1258 or 1288, I see Yuan Empire may be only use 200 000 - 300 000 soldier in every invasion. In war, people usually exaggerate their army, normal with Yuan empire if they say their " 200 000 soldier" become " 500 000 soldier", as same as Daiviet in 1285 have total 150 000 soldier ( palace guard, Familiar army, Local army, militia, Highlander, South Song, peasant,...) but they say that they have 200 000 soldier ( only with Palace guard, Local army and Familiar army).
    Yes maybe u right,at that time yuan empire was exaggerated their army, but they were lose,because they are not the united army (half chinese and half mongol and some korean)the mongol fight for there country and there honor but the chinese and korean solider in their army fight for what?Nothing!!! and they will lose more and more!u said" Hubilai doesn't stop until he win"?maybe u right he doesn't stop but he will never win!(the mongol army have not exp againts the ambuse tactic!and the thing called "the people war "of DV wherenever they go the thing the see is just the enemy not friend there enemy is all the people of DV) they often fight with larger field and face to face with the enemy not the ghost hide and running every where and suddenly appear to strike them and disappear!!!
    i really hate this tactic but it is the powerful weapon help DV win the enemy stronger than them
    when yuan capture thanglong capital they didn't find their enemy,food,...and gain nothing,this is not called the victory. and they was fight any times and any where they gone with the whole people of DV
    do you thing to invade a faction is an easy problem?(inorder to prepare for a war u must have many food,many money,many war ship ,medical.vv.and people want peace not war!!!the war make their treasury down!!!if they continue they will soonly become a poor faction like DV
    so that the yuan empire must stop invade DV inorder to refill their thresury.u should remember their enemy is not only DV.three times is too enough for their advanture

when yuan capture thanglong capital they didn't find their enemy,food,...and gain nothing,this is not called the victory. and they was fight any times and any where they gone with the whole people of DV
    Have a little mistake when many Vietnamese think all of civilian had run out of Thang Long in 1258 and 1288. Actuallu, only Royal member and soldieres and some of their resourse have enough time to run, not civillian.

half chinese and half mongol and some korean)the mongol fight for there country and there honor but the chinese and korean solider in their army fight for what?Nothing!!! and they will lose more and more!u said" Hubilai doesn't stop until he win"?maybe u right he doesn't stop but he will never win!
    You should remember, Morale is importance, but isn't is all. If Greek don't have great tactic, they had be destroy by Persian's slave army. You should remember, The combine army ( Mongol and Dali: 40 000 soldier) had defeated DV in Binh Le Nguyen in 1258. And Mongol had use very many civillian and soldier from Jin and other nation in attack Tương Dương of South Song. Even cannon, what help them destroy that forstress is studied from Muslim. Low Morale is good for DV to defeat them, but don't make they Betrayed Mongol to ally with us. You think too easy about war. As you say, may be our ancestor more normal than we think, because they only defeated some enemy " more many than strong".

do you thing to invade a faction is an easy problem?(inorder to prepare for a war u must have many food,many money,many war ship ,medical.vv.and people want peace not war!!!the war make their treasury down!!!if they continue they will soonly become a poor faction like DV
    It is good if you think like that.
    But you should remember: Mongol have enough energy for seven invasion into Korea.

And you should remember: Yuan empire actually is Chinese's land be conquered by Mongol, and the Mongol don't care about kill all of Song's civillian if it help them conquer another nation. Hubilai can made Song's civilian die by hungry in 1285, 1288 to have food in war. He really don't care anything about everything you say. He only want destroy DV, Champa, Japan and Khmer Empire.

Who want peace is Song's civillian, not Mongol, who had want kill all Chinese and make South Song became one large savanna. The most important problem is our ancestor are fighting with one mad man more than one emperor. Mongca had die in attacking Tương Dương, he don't want believe that he can't defeated it. As same as with Hubilai. Even DV have good morale, good soldier, they can win if their enemy is berserker ( fight, fight, fight, fight until DV be destroy)? Where will they have food, and "money,many war ship ,medical" to fight with this great mad man like Hubilai, when they alway have to hold weapon and don't have any free time to farm or made out money and other thing??? As you say, war isn't easy, you can't fight forever if you don't have anything excluded your morale. After three invasion, DV had fell in famine. In 1290, many civillian have to sell themself only to hold 5 kg of rice. You really think they can endure at least three more invasion like Korea had?

so that the yuan empire must stop invade DV inorder to refill their thresury.u should remember their enemy is not only DV.three times is too enough for their advanture
    In history document, Hubilai really ready for fourth invasion, he say: " Hatred like the wound in my heart, I have to destroy all of their forstress, kill all of their people. Only that can help me feel good.". If he don't die soon, DV's history will have " Battle against Yuan Empire in 129X". I don't say joke, you can check history's document.

The main tactic had helped DV defeated Mongol in 1285, 1288 isn't only guerrilla. Your enemy don't weak to be defeated easy like that. DV's main tactic is:
    - Terrain: Mongol cavalry can't use in East South Asia like DV, Champa, Khmer.
    - weather: soldier from north kingdoms can't endure weather in south Kingdoms.
    - cut off their supply line while try to hold our resourse like rice and more.
    - seduce them run follow to caught DV's soldier. They move by infantry and cavalry, but Dv's soldier almost move by boat and ferry. Because of that, DV still hold their streghth while Yuan almost exhausted.
    Last edited by yevon; December 25, 2009 at 07:15 AM.

Taira is my choice. Minamoto must die.

Althought I am czary fan of Admirel Yi Su Sin and Joan of Arc, But you really think your Goryeo can defeat Unlimited War Elephant Army of SEA ????

Until now, let see... North Asia Kingdoms usually strong about cavalry . South Asia Kingdoms strong about War Elephant. Central Asia South Song strong about technology and firearm. Tibet... I don't know. Japan... I don't know, too, may be morale.
    Yi Su Sin is descendant of Lư Dynasty, may be he will a way to rape those War Elephant crap out .

BTW, I will play DV, this faction is surround by many strong countries, it will be epic like Holy Roman Empire .
    Last edited by Panzercracker; December 26, 2009 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
    Yi Su Sin is descendant of Lư Dynasty, may be he will a way to rape those War Elephant crap out .

BTW, I will play DV, this faction is surround by many strong countries, it will be epic like Holy Roman Empire .
    I got to agree with ya there, DV will be epic But I'm probably going to play japan first because there's a certain joy fighting for the places you once lived , then maybe Xiaxi just invade china

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

I love to play as Japan first too
    I think all my friends will play DV first so it is much better that take another faction far from mainland then watch out how AI doing
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

The Mongols will crush all those who refuse to yield.

This is not a scam, trust me!
    Depends on how much you trust me I guess

Oh Yeh, Heres the first Helms Deep video I made! -never got around to making an updated one -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdcfj5MT0lA

Yi Su Sin(x) Yi Soon Shin(O)

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

not sure but dai viet i would play but japan too. japan is good in technology and has good heavy infantry cavalry too...
    DV is good i like there royal guard and cool armour and weapons, like princes fire hurlers, but maybe song cuz gotta play as song cuz it reminds me of my family tree :/ im mixed if u didn't know..

Probably the Song Dynasty, or the Khmers.

Whats the matter with you people??!! gd old Nihon is excellent, so much of their culture and society revolves around the most important thing in this game WAR!! lol
    Then again, I find most cultures in Asia to be 10 times more fascinating then the ones medieval europe.
    (PLUS POINTS for Japan for being an Island nation) will definatly add a bit of spice (Y)