Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bugs and issues with 1.0

Default Re: Bugs and issues with 1.0

Excellent job, I congrat you but I found several mistakes:

and you guys scripted 600 kb campaign_script txt file. i guess that's why turns are so slow.

Default Further issues

The river crossing northwest of Dedekau cannot be crossed in battle. There is no positioning option for units on the south of the river, though an army on the north side can be positioned. The icon for Nomads is the same as for Mongols. The card for Lad'ya is a Rome peasant. Other cards fo buildings brius back to Rome and moreover different buildings have the same icon. The banner for Bulgar is the same as Milan, which could be nice wit if Bulgars were Lombards. The cost of some mercenary units (e.g. in Hungarian territory) is lower than for better units. Apart from this sort of issues, the main issue is the length of the game. I feel that a campaign has a good replay value if kept under 200 turns, unless there is a chance that something can differ much from one campaign to another one, with some surprise too. It does not seem to be the case here, since diplomacy is frozen for about the first 100 turns and the main effort is concentrated on achieving building improvements. Some surprise effect coul be obtained if special events occur at unpredictable dates, though this is no longer historically adequate.

VonSchlepp's Avatar Libertus

I have been playing this mod for about 3 months off and on lately so I thought I might just write down a few of my thoughts.

-The first thing is that the unit details are par non the best I have seen in any MTW mods. The paterns on the pouches the extra weapons are amazing. This game when played on "HUGE" units can start to tax the performance of my computer.
    -There are alot of settlements to manage and this can be tiresom to some.
    -Archers apear to be useless in most cases. Perhaps thier missle stats can be raised a knotch just to add alittle more punch.
    -Building time maybe should be decreased a little.
    -Game crashes seem to appear at times. I lost a whole Vladimir faction game cause I could'nt fix it. I notice my game will crash when I'm visited by a diplomat. This seem to happen when I'm visited by a Teutonic faction diplomat. So what I do in my game now is keep a few assisins at my cities. If the game crashes I will go back to my save and assinate the diplomat and my game than is able to continue with out crashes.
    -SS(Stainless Steel) was one of the most popular MTW mods that I myself even enjoyed. One of the things I think made it popoular was that when you installed SS mod a few boxes would pop up giving the player a few choices on how he would like to play the game. One of those choises was an option on real time recruitment referring to culture level of types of units available. Some enjoy this type of game play while other would prefer to play without the culture recuitment game play. Its just a thought and to expand the popularity of this interesting and beutifully well detailed mod.

Any hoo I will wait for your next release and would like to say thankyou for your work and well done.
    "Spaniards can be impressed by the courtesy of the conqueror,
    French by his riches, Greeks by his respect for the arts, Jews by
    his moral integrity, Africans by his calm and authoritative bearing,
    but Germans are impressed by none of these things. They must be
    struck into the dust, struck down again as they rise. Struck again
    while they lie groaning, while their wounds still pain them; they will
    respect the hand that dealt them."
    -Germanicus Caesar
    Roman general
    (15 B.C.- 19 A.D.)

True, the design of units in this mod is the best among the many mods for Kingdoms I played. I never had a ctd in about 300 turns. The role of archers is not zeroed but it is much less useful than in any other mods. Curious that Eastern Europe factions in other mods rely most on horse archers, while foot and horse archers make so small damage. Building times are indeed to adjust in order to prevent a change of game type: from a strategy and tactics one to an economy simulation game. But the issues I found are related to the following:

1. playing as Kiev, after conquering Vladimir and Novgorod, and after conquering all their towns, a crown of Novgorod units blow up at each turn around Novgorod, they are deployed on the river around the city+fortresss and cannot be attacked (they can be eliminated only if some other enemy units adjacent to them is attacked, they enter the battle as reinforcement and are defeated - thus the campaign never ends;

2. the units construction window in towns contains a closed druzhina picture, but this kind of units cannot be recruited. This occurs even in top fortresses, and even the game provides closed druzhina units in special events;

3. the colors of units is almost the same for any faction, so in huge battles it is hard to distinguish one's own units from the enemy's ones. Perhaps even small details to the drawing could be of much help.

4. about capitals and the nearness of city and fortress: when many units of your own and enemy's are involved on the strategic map, it's just chaotic pathfinding in the space between the city and the fortress. Thus, the suggestion i: either enlarge the space between city and fortress or reduce it to only one position, or finally simplify the matters by making the fortress totally independent from the city;

5. in order to have campaigns different from each other, diplomacy should be more active in the first 100 turns;

6. the icons for certain buildings and for some units (e.g. the ships) should be appropriate;

7. it would be useful to add to each building card the information about what they allow to build in future, since the makers of the mod change the use of standard vanilla buildings - in vanilla, for instance, no agriculture improvement allow you to have new kinds of units.

I think the mod deserve these changes, given the depth of the game design and the beautiful units it has.

I found it stable and the unit design excellent. Some villages are misplaced. My main problem is that none of the factions fight. They seem entirely passive.

please fix ~~ the toothpick spear~ Спасибо

Efix's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post

1. playing as Kiev, after conquering Vladimir and Novgorod, and after conquering all their towns, a crown of Novgorod units blow up at each turn around Novgorod, they are deployed on the river around the city+fortresss and cannot be attacked (they can be eliminated only if some other enemy units adjacent to them is attacked, they enter the battle as reinforcement and are defeated - thus the campaign never ends;

4. about capitals and the nearness of city and fortress: when many units of your own and enemy's are involved on the strategic map, it's just chaotic pathfinding in the space between the city and the fortress. Thus, the suggestion i: either enlarge the space between city and fortress or reduce it to only one position, or finally simplify the matters by making the fortress totally independent from the city;
    Its so ing annoying i have spend 20 turn trying to finished novgorod only because of this bug.
    Also u should chek the lithuanian victory condition to prevent them winning the game when u finished novgorod off. I also have CTD playing vladimir (1154) every 2 turn ... still trying to understand why... gonna chek the diplomat issu as someone alrdy said before.

Efix's Avatar Tiro

Almost forget wonderful mod nice unit nice map love it good work !!

ZenBoy's Avatar Libertus

Just started playing this mod! It looks VERY interesting!

Will there be a patch 1.2 ?

Horse units ( Byzanz ) : Men dont sit on their horses correctly. They are sitting next to the horses.

What about IA?
    Is there?

Meng's Avatar Civis

Hi ! I have installed the english version 1.0 of the game, but every time i try to play the game it doesnt work.

i have a steam version of the game but i dont know if its the reason because i already installed 1 mod perfectly before ! And i would like to know if its steam the problem what to do

Spasiba !

(My english is not good sorry)

Icon13 Re: Bugs and issues with 1.0

Zdrastvuite tovarischi,

I am having a problem with the mod sound. There is normal standard sound (music, voiceover) during the standard Kingdoms movie intro, and the background sound of a storm during the Rusichi campaign selection screen - but once any campaign or battle is selected and started there is complete silence- there is No sound - no voices, music, standard selection operation noises, etc. Everything else for the mod seems to be working normally and the sound option was checked. It must be a problem with the mod for some reason. The sound files are in the data folder. I am using windows Vista and an official downloaded version of the game (not Steam - Direct2Drive). Anyone experience anything similar or have any suggestions for the relatively modding illiterate? I am a Russophile and lover of Russian history and would love to play this mod - but playing without any sound takes all of the fun out of it...

Spacebo vam ogrommni,

how do i start the mod ? i have no shortcut ) i told the installer to make shortcut on desktop but it did not , and in my stupidity i unchecked the start menu shortcuts, and after install i deleted the instalation files ....so ...can someone post the shortcut ? or tell me how to manualy make one ?

i have only a specific question about r. horse modell .but i dont want open a new topic about.I hope somebody keep on my problem.

so i try to added many soldier modell to SS 6.4. Which is succes
    but if i try the realistic "marka" modell to added, result is only a half!
    The horse modell top of half correct, but the bottom of modell is vanilla...
    thx if any help

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

The UI of the interface in my mod is of that of a different mod. How do I solve this?

Hi im new here. can someone help me out? this mod looks amazing but why does it crash to desktop every turn? is there a installation procedure i missed?

Hello anyone alive in here?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123