Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and issues with 1.0

Wingedsaber's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Bugs and issues with 1.0

could you please, PLEASE PLEASEEE provide us with a good tutorial of how to install Rusichi 1.0 for medieval 2 total war kingdoms on STEAM? please! thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedsaber View Post
    could you please, PLEASE PLEASEEE provide us with a good tutorial of how to install Rusichi 1.0 for medieval 2 total war kingdoms on STEAM? please! thanks in advance!
    I don't have the STEAM version but I know this is a STEAM issue not a Rusichi mod issue, try this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86236

Great mod!!

Btw, i notice that the general adoption is buggy. Everyone has 0 Loyalty.. Is it a bug in the mod?

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DeUs_VulT View Post
    Great mod!!

Btw, i notice that the general adoption is buggy. Everyone has 0 Loyalty.. Is it a bug in the mod?
    I don't think so. You get already plenty of generals from the family tree, so you should avoid adopting unless you want to start a revolt

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    I don't think so. You get already plenty of generals from the family tree, so you should avoid adopting unless you want to start a revolt
    I agree, it makes sense.

I see.. So it's meant to be this way.. Interesting..

I am playing as Novgorod and early acquired Rostov from Vladimir-Suzdal in exchange for an alliance and trade rights. Every few turns, I get a free army there, consisting of 3 units of Elder Militia, 3 Units of Moscow Militia and 3 Units of Hunting People (or however these units are translated into English).

Now I know that there are certain missions, but my mission is to conquer an island at the other end of the map. Could this be connected to a mission for Vladimir-Suzdal, which somehow is giving the bonus to me while I control the settlement with Novgorod?

I appologize if this is intentional, but whatever the case, it makes for a much easier game than I would have thought was intended.

Mine crases in 1177 as Novgorod

No one ever goes to war, any of three factions. 1.1
    Last edited by Patricius; June 13, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

A Lithuanian unit is named "Aztec Spear Throwers" and the description is wrong also.
    When my brother was besieging a rebel city with Suzdal, the next turn his army appeared defeated without any notification of his battle.
    Sometimes you when you try to recruit a Merchant, you add it to the recruit list and the next turn is still there, without being recruited. This can be solved deselecting it and recruiting another time.
    The Cumans seem to stop at all the Kievan Forts, without attacking neither doing anything, even if the relations are abysmal.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Icon6 Re: Bugs and issues with 1.0

Aлло снoвa, людeй.
    Iīve been testing your mod for a time, and itīs excellent. But anyway it has still some bugs and faillures that need to be corrected.
    These are my apreciations:
    1) The economic conditions are too hard. You donīt have enought money income to let you rise up your principality unless you use the "add_money" cheat.
    2) The elite bodyguard units are a bit overpowered. In the patch this is corrected, but they are instead too weakened, as they have only 1 hit point, and not 2.
    The game also crashes if you change a single number in any txt. archive, I donīt know why. I find it disturbing.
    3) Music and voices are messed, -lithuanyans and bulgars have moorish acent (??) and the game plays offen arabic music while fighting battles at Russia itself (?).
    4) Allways when I get inside a new conquered population, it has the rat. That results somehow upsetting.
    5) To my taste, there are not enought comertial goods spread mapwide. I specialy miss the fours, wood and ambar at Russia.
    6) Not still sure, but think neither teutons nor mongols do actually apear.
    7) Rebel unitsīcolors need to be characterizated.
    8) And the WORST of all: my genealogical tree gets stagnant (!!!!!!). At some point my nobles just stoped having offspring, and the dynasty is going to die out!

I hope this can help you inproving your mod, which is the best Iīve tried out, thougth it still needs to be inproved.

Last edited by Sir Althfons; November 19, 2009 at 12:26 AM.

After trying a bit more, I have found the following error/bugs;

The units Khagan Bodyguard, Dismounted Khagan Druzhina & Steppe Kazakhs that are rebel in Mordva are missing their UI cards. The Steppe Kazakhs are also missing their merc unit cards.
    Nearly all the rebel leaders are named "the Profane". After the third one it gets a bit repetitive.
    The rebels in Erzga have european Peasants and Town Militia.
    And, I don't know if this can be solved, but the plague is totally useless. It only kills a few citizens and less soldiers. The leaders never die of plague, and when they're ill they can move and fight battles as if they were healthy. I think it should be scripted so the leaders can't move when ill, let alone fight and win battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Althfons View Post
    Aлло снoвa, любeй.

1) The economic conditions are too hard. You donīt have enought money income to let you rise up your principality unless you use the "add_money" cheat.
    5) To my taste, there are not enought comertial goods spread mapwide. I specialy miss the fours, wood and ambar at Russia.

7) Rebel unitsīcolors need to be characterizated.
    8) And the WORST of all: my genealogical tree gets stagnant (!!!!!!). At some point my nobles just stoped having offspring, and the dynasty is going to die out!
    At least with Kiev and Vladimir Suzdal I'am building my empire steadily and I don't have too much economic problems, so I see no problem there. As for your fifth point it is true, there is little resources on the map, and below Russia to the east there isn't nearly any resource. The rebel flags in the battle map are really annoying, you can't if they're retreating or not. For the eighth point simply adopt some general and leave it in some city so he can't rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    After trying a bit more, I have found the following error/bugs;

The units Khagan Bodyguard, Dismounted Khagan Druzhina & Steppe Kazakhs that are rebel in Mordva are missing their UI cards. The Steppe Kazakhs are also missing their merc unit cards.
    Nearly all the rebel leaders are named "the Profane". After the third one it gets a bit repetitive.
    The rebels in Erzga have european Peasants and Town Militia.
    And, I don't know if this can be solved, but the plague is totally useless. It only kills a few citizens and less soldiers. The leaders never die of plague, and when they're ill they can move and fight battles as if they were healthy. I think it should be scripted so the leaders can't move when ill, let alone fight and win battles.

At least with Kiev and Vladimir Suzdal I'am building my empire steadily and I don't have too much economic problems, so I see no problem there. As for your fifth point it is true, there is little resources on the map, and below Russia to the east there isn't nearly any resource. The rebel flags in the battle map are really annoying, you can't if they're retreating or not. For the eighth point simply adopt some general and leave it in some city so he can't rebel.
    Really? Iīve had several nobles dead becacause of the plage, trust me. And the numbers of my soldiers also suffer from it...
    I agree with you that plage affected generals shouldnīt be able of fighting in their current state

Concerning to the economy, in my case I allways get red numbers of treasury (negative), even when I have advanced production facilities, while you say you have no problem with it... I donīt know if itīs happens only to me, or whatīs the matter with it. I had the same problem in Broken Crescent, anyway...
    Your other appreciatons on incomplete unit cards and repetitive names are also accurate.
    Last edited by Sir Althfons; June 19, 2009 at 02:21 PM.

The economy is great, and I think it was intentionally made difficult to develop. This causes players to maintain small armies with few or no units of heavy cavalry, and keep their generals in cities, while it correctly encourages the training of merchants. There are some very nice resources actually, but they are well hidden and it takes a long time to be reached - I think this hint is sufficient.

After playing for a while with a few separate factions, I find the AI to be extremely passive. Even when I am in war with a faction, its armies usually aimlessly wander around, never attacking, even if I have villages exposed.

Sir Althfons, in my game (1177) 6 or 7 generals have been plagued and nothing has happened. I suppose it is a matter of luck, if they die or not. One thing I have noticed is that is important to have generals in the cities, if not your economy starts to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    After playing for a while with a few separate factions, I find the AI to be extremely passive. Even when I am in war with a faction, its armies usually aimlessly wander around, never attacking, even if I have villages exposed.
    This is one of the things very important to change. At this point in my game (1177) anyone has attacked me, except some rebels ambushing me, and I have destroyed a faction, Bulgar. No other has declared war on anybody. Now my brother has declared war on Novgorod and the Cumans, and now I will see if they counterattack or they make passive defense. Also I imagine that when the Mongols and Teutonics appear the game will start to be more "Total War"....

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    The economy is great, and I think it was intentionally made difficult to develop. This causes players to maintain small armies with few or no units of heavy cavalry, and keep their generals in cities, while it correctly encourages the training of merchants. There are some very nice resources actually, but they are well hidden and it takes a long time to be reached - I think this hint is sufficient.

Well, perhaps you can manage with the tradeable goods that are available, but I think the point is russian fours and wood, and escandinavian salmon should be there because it just is how it was. The point is accurateness. And Iīm not speaking about adding lots more of them at all, just some few more.

About limited and tiny armies, I find it dull.
    Passiveness of AI is somehow truth, but not much, for what I saw in my campaign.
    I play Suzdal, and novgorods have often wandered my lands, as if they were taunting me or something...
    suzdali rebels also keep pressing a lot, and some nomads came to attack me.
    Cumans didnīt bother too much because I have mantained mariage aliance and good relationships with them from long ago (thus I donīt know if they had otherway attacked me).
    But I can say I prefer it like this, si this way Iīm whi decides whom and when I do declare war.

I can now confirm mongols do appear.

And, by the way, that is my disgusting stagnant familiar tree:

-Awfull, isnīt it?

Here is another thing I want comment: the fighting stile of some russian units in the patch is awfull (I know this is not the patch secction, but anyway). Why do they hold their axes near their noses when they figth?

..And this last ones are just cause I donīt like to see here only the matters.
    Last edited by Sir Althfons; June 23, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Another bug issue; the campaign soldier of the Danish Insurgents is grey without textures. The units Armoured Spearmen y Mailed Knights, mercs at poland, are missing their UI cards.

Thanks a lot you guys!

We will fix everything, eventually. It's just that no time at the moment.

If anyone wants to help, maybe make a submod with a different balance it would be very much appreciated. Send me a PM
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

I have a wiered issue;

As you can see, after many years my genealogic tree have disappeared all except two persons; the deseaced's Alexandros Comnenos (I think) and his wife. I suppose it have been caused by too many deaths of family members (I'am about to be destroyed by my brother, Suzdal). The next turn it was the same but the portraits have disappeared as it can be seen in the mini-image;

It's not too important but a bit unpleasant.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

@ Boz
    Did you marry a general or byzantine fm into the family earlier? It might be that. Its the only thing that i've seen that in SS 6.1 when the irish descendant of a scottish prince came to the irish throne and the entire tree went haywire.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast