Thread: How do I add directories to pack file?

Icon5 How do I add directories to pack file?

I figured out how to create a pack file with pack file manager but that's all that I can do, I cant add anything to the file, its empty.
    I tried going into the patch.pack and exporting the db into the file I made but I cant. I opened my empty file and tried to add directories but nothing happens. The question I have is: How do I add the db directory to my new file so that I wont have to edit anything directly through the patch.pack?

Help would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: How do I add directories to pack file?

Okay, say you have your pack set to use the folder data as its root. In your real data folder, create a db folder. Place your file in there. Then, in the pack manager, right click and choose "Add directory." Select the db folder, and there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach_the_Evil View Post
    Okay, say you have your pack set to use the folder data as its root. In your real data folder, create a db folder. Place your file in there. Then, in the pack manager, right click and choose "Add directory." Select the db folder, and there you go.
    So do I create a folder and name it db in my data folder and the place my blank pack file in it? I really need the help because I really want to understand this. Oh and whats that part about setting my pack to use the folder data as its root?

Miles

Ok, the bases of pack creation go in a few steps and as you've guested, you misse a few.
    So, first open the patch.pack with the Pack files manager (PFM). now you can see a tree of folders and files (clicking the +).
    Actually, the main datas are located in the db folder.
    When you click on one file (unit_stat_land is where most of the people go first) you'll see you can edit it.
    so right clic, extract selected file.
    the PFM will ask you a base repertory from wich he will do both extraction and importing.
    So now, the basis are to export the files you want to modd from the natives files and to import them to your own pack so you don't mess anything.
    un try one step by step tutorial, even if that's not your goal it will show you the bases of editing (like this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238847)