Thread: Some new lame tricks

Praepositus

Default Some new lame tricks

Evolution in multiplayer spam
    now no mortars but howitzer
    i faced a guy that had name no rock no mortar
    and half his army was howitzers

And lies
    also many people lie about rules they say no art and etc and use puccle guns

The game serious need something like punkbuster
    the game becomes ridiculous.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Re: Some new lame tricks

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    now no mortars but howitzer
    i faced a guy that had name no rock no mortar
    and half his army was howitzers

And lies
    also many people lie about rules they say no art and etc and use puccle guns

The game serious need something like punkbuster
    the game becomes ridiculous.
    I played a Maratha user who made 6 Large Mortars backed by some extra large cannons (nearly 10 artillery pieces altogether). For support, he had 3-4 units of Elephants and some line infantry.

I lost over 30% of my army just marching to my opponent.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

These are new tactics? Man they have existed since day one.

If the opponent has that much artillery no way he can cover it. If you've got a little cavalry find the gaps and take them out. Massed artillery is good but it's beatable.

One trick I've used to beat mortars is having my guys in a single rank formation, literally one really long line one man deep. Cuts losses to explosive shot types by about 75%. If I see the enemy has brought way too much indirect artillery my lads just spread out into these lines and cheese it up the battlefield to within his minimum gun range. Then reform. Then there are spankings.

I hate it when the host say no mortars/rockets, and some idiot use it anyway, then say,"oh sorry I forgot" totally bs.

Some new lame tricks

Jo your just pissed off the guy outwitted you.
    He clearly kept too the rules he said no mortars or rockets he didnīt say no fixed artillery.
    So you come here saying stuff while you agreed to the rules yourself.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Praepositus

what would u say!!

Fortunately Howitzers have 400 range so the devastation is halved compared to mortars.

Praepositus

yes but he marched them a bit together with his army so he can aproach me

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon View Post
    Fortunately Howitzers have 400 range so the devastation is halved compared to mortars.
    Yeah but I actually find them even more deadly (when able to fire ofc.) than the mortars/rockets. The howitzers are indeed very dangerous.
    You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

I would say oohh well he didnīt lie il found a counter tactic or use it myself.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Personally, I like the rules; No Mortar/Howitzer - Max 2 other art/cannons.

wow, people complain so much. Mortars, I understand as they are accurate like but Howitzers... oh come on.

I don't understand people, that ar afriad of mortars,howitzers etc.. If enemy can have them, YOU CAN HAVE THEM TOO. For everybody who don't understand, they aren't SF for God's Sake! If CA put them in game, everybody is able to do it. You now what? YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

PS I always follow rules, even if they seem stupid to me(like no mortars). Only resonable rule is NO HMS in naval battle, because not everybody has them
    Last edited by Lagger; March 24, 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Evolution in multiplayer spam ............. half his army was line infatry bastard
    new rules: no art, no flank attacks, no cavalry.......grenadiers will be next

The tactic is not lame, the scenario set up system is just so ill thought out. To give an example: you guys continue to argue not why a car is broken and how to fix it but rather how to best drive a car that is broken and will never work..... Pointless

There should be a number of options rather than the badly set up meeting engagement we have now

1) Meeting engagement, limited time, a central capture flag that needs to be held at the end for someone to win.

2) Seige engagement, limited time, central fort positioned capture flag that needs to be held at the end for someone to win.

3) Attack/ Defend engagement, limited time, the defender has a much larger starting area, a capture flag in his starting area that he can place BUT far less points.

Why this was not included, as its really basic war gaming stuff, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagger View Post
    I don't understand people, that ar afriad of mortars,howitzers etc.. If enemy can have them, YOU CAN HAVE THEM TOO. For everybody who don't understand, they aren't SF for God's Sake! If CA put them in game, everybody is able to do it. You now what? YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

PS I always follow rules, even if they seem stupid to me(like no mortars). Only resonable rule is NO HMS in naval battle, because not everybody has them
    yeah but fighting a battle depending on how many mortars you have is just lame. I like fighting a "real" battle against another and use tactical skills insted of "mortar skills".
    Mortars really are too strong, but howitzers are exceptable as their range is limited.
    You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_of_Macedon View Post
    I played a Maratha user who made 6 Large Mortars backed by some extra large cannons (nearly 10 artillery pieces altogether). For support, he had 3-4 units of Elephants and some line infantry.

I lost over 30% of my army just marching to my opponent.
    Did you think that it might not be smart to march to his army? Just spread your troops and RUN.. he will be massively outnumbered when in shooting range.

And Jo.. why do you want punkbuster? Punkbuster is there for CHEATS, it won't do anything if people don't obey self-made rules. And again.. if half his army is howizters.. move in, don't sit there.

Praepositus

if u agree in certain and the other is lying u need something to prove to other that guy is !@#@#

Well i often make no morter/only 2 morters each games.

I play Ottoman or India and i take 2 64lb's 2 18lb's and 1 Howitser. The rest i Take are Barghir Line with a Few Sikh Musket Units.

I stillhave big numbers, the 64lb's can often hit enemy morters if they take em or out range thier normal arty if they dont.

I dont think the 64lb are in any way over powered though, they are hugely inaccurate, suck at lower ranges. dont have grape and cant move. I take them because of the pscho-impact, people see the massive sharapnel bursts (which almost never kill a thing), they panick and they rush forward in a desperate attempt to close the range, then the 2 18lb's and the howitser open up on thier packed ranks and causes havoc.

I dont use arty to kill vast numbers, i use it to force an engagement on my terms and force people to make rushed panicked choices.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast