Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Inactive] Warmachines New Unit Mod (Sharpe's Rifles, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers, Marines)

Default [Inactive] Warmachines New Unit Mod (Sharpe's Rifles, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers, Marines)

New (British) Units:
    Royal Marines (4 allowed) - The ship marine unit made recruitable (Similar stats to line)
    Irish Guards (1 allowed) - To compliment the coldstream guards in game unit
    Welsh Guards (1 allowed) - To compliment the coldstream guards in game unit
    Scots Guards (1 allowed) - To compliment the coldstream guards in game unit
    Sharpe's Rifles (1 allowed) - To compliment the green jackets in game unit. Similar to Rogers Rangers
    Connaught Rangers (1 allowed) - To compliment the line infantry in game unit (Stats wise, they sit between line and guard units)

New US Unit
    Continental Marines - The ship marine unit made recruitable

Other
    Spanish/French/Dutch Marine units (as above)
    Highland infantry now available if GB controls scotland.
    All above available in battles. Not tested in campaign (although they all seem to work in mine)
    Includes my Light infantry reskin
    Makes hussars recruitable for other euro nations

Ive also done some custom unit icons for all the guard, marine and rifle units.

Unzip attachment

- Put the unitmod2.pack file in your data directory with your other pack files. (mine is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data)
    - Put the script text file in your script directory (mine is C:\Users\Wayne\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts)
    - Use the pack manager to import the localisation.loc file into patch_en.pack (This is the only way i can make the unit names show up. Backup patch_en.pack before you do it. Only "_en" is supported. Any other languages you are on your own regarding translation)

Dev notes here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240596

** I wont be able to support any problems you have with this. This is a mod I made for my own game. If you can get it to work in yours, well done. If you have a problem trying to use, you're on your own. If you dont understand basic etw modding, you are on your own even more**

** Feel free to tear it apart and use what you like in your own game or mods. I dont even know what "rep" is. Credit me if you like, I dont care**

I cant stress enough this was made for my own game. I dont need to hear suggestions for changes or problems, because there wont be any. Im not being a d**k im just sick of people saying "so how can I use a mod or do this" when there are a million threads with us all discussing the process and even a tutorial pretty much everything anyone needs.

Note: There is very little new texture or model work in this (really only one or two), the rest is purely copying or moving other in game units. Its mostly a stats mod rather than some huge retexture project.
    Last edited by warmachine; March 24, 2009 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Removed download link since people who dont understand how to use mods are trying to use it.

lonemedic's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Warmachines New Unit Mod (Sharpe's Rifles, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers, Marines)

OOO Very cool to finally see some new units coming for Empire....I will check this out tonight and see if I can get it to work! Nice work!

Default Re: Warmachines New Unit Mod (Sharpe's Rifles, Irish/Welsh/Scots Guards, Connaught Rangers, Marines)

haha...this is great! Is that Sean Bean on the unit card?

Quote Originally Posted by lymond View Post
    haha...this is great! Is that Sean Bean on the unit card?
    Yeh it is. Im sure some historical realism nerds wont like it, but no one is forcing them to download this!

sorry to ask this, but do you know where i can find the pack manager or download it

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

XD

That little unit card with Sharpe has made my ing day.

One of my Steam chat comrades say's he's not quite sold until there's a headbutt animation though

Maybe replace commands with some sound clips
    Last edited by Stalins Ghost; March 23, 2009 at 05:10 PM.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Doesn't work. When I want to load up a game that has factions with added units in it the game crashes.

Well, followed the mod instructions and the game started fine. Went into custom battle to see if the units show up. They appear, but they have no names. When you hover the mouse over the card, instead of saying Royal Marines (Elite Unit) it just says (Elite Unit).
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikat View Post
    Well, followed the mod instructions and the game started fine. Went into custom battle to see if the units show up. They appear, but they have no names. When you hover the mouse over the card, instead of saying Royal Marines (Elite Unit) it just says (Elite Unit).
    well, warmachine did explain what you need to do to make that work. my only problem is i don't know where, what or how about that pack manager

well, warmachine did explain what you need to do to make that work. my only problem is i don't know where, what or how about that pack manager
    If you mean importing the localization file, I did that.

EDIT: Well, I attempted to do it again, in case I messed it up. Now I get the error where the game crashes on startup. Attempting to open the modified patch_eng file and examine the .loc gives and error in Pack Manager saying "Illegal loc file: doesn't have a byte order mark". I don't suppose anyone has a backup default localisation file they can share?
    Last edited by Metallikat; March 23, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.

If you mean importing the localization file, I did that.

EDIT: Well, I attempted to do it again, in case I messed it up. Now I get the error where the game crashes on startup. Attempting to open the modified patch_eng file and examine the .loc gives and error in Pack Manager saying "Illegal loc file: doesn't have a byte order mark". I don't suppose anyone has a backup default localisation file they can share?
    would you mind enlightening me on the pack manager. is this something that comes with ETW or a separate tool?

would you mind enlightening me on the pack manager. is this something that comes with ETW or a separate tool?
    Separate tool.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Anyone got this working yet??? looks bugged to hell?

It's the localisation file that seems to be causing the problems.

cool...thanks, and i think i figured it out too. of course, it sounds like it may not work...oh well

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

It's the localisation file that seems to be causing the problems.
    You still after a localisation.loc file mate?
    tried loads of different ways to get this mod up and running, nowt works?? shame cause it looked good

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    You still after a localisation.loc file mate?
    tried loads of different ways to get this mod up and running, nowt works?? shame cause it looked good
    Hehe, too late. I'm reinstalling right now. No biggie, I copied my saves and modified files. And indeed, I hope someone can pick this up and get it running.
    Last edited by Metallikat; March 23, 2009 at 06:47 PM.

i apologize if this sounds stupid, but should we be placing that script file in the script folder or appending the text to the existing "preferences" script file. reason i ask is that...well...it appeared to cause some graphic issues with ships on the campaign map. who knows...maybe it's a part of the problem with the mod.

i'm not great at these things, but i've been trying to narrow my issue down for an hour now and it came down to this script file

Well the only problem I seem to be having with it is that I can't for the life of me get the units to have the correct name in game.

Oh well, can live with that.

I haven't fully tested it in a campaign though.

Good job!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast