Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghoorkas, too strong ?

Default Re: Ghoorkas, too strong ?

I bought my SF version and will happily use the given units in MP. It's part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    I bought my SF version and will happily use the given units in MP. It's part of the game
    If there was a bug in one of the maps; if you stood on a rock it would spawn 2 more line infantry squads. Would you use that? It's part of the game.

I'm not comparing using SF units to usage of bugs, I'm just nullifying your arguement that using them because they are a part of the game makes it fair.

Listen.
    You can argue that SF units have worse stats, looks worse or that they actually like vanilla coke, still won't get me to agree that it should be allowed in a fair multiplayer battle.
    Note; when I mean.. well fair multiplayer. I mean that it meets the criteria of a game that could be played in a big LAN tournament for prize money.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to allow uses of SF units though.
    It's just the difference between a competetive game and.. well, a "fun/casual" game.

In my opinion there should be 2 lobbys.
    One for SF and one for the original version. SF could ofcourse play in both.

Can anyone name me a "serious" game
    (like warcraft 3, starcraft, counter strike etc. etc. that has a very "professional" multiplayer side) which allows a user to add something for the price of more money?
    Be it a different gun or a new race/faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisbjerg View Post
    However at the end he starts complaining about my Ghoorkas (special Forces unit) and says they are to strong.
    I dare him to say that to actual ghoorkas. Those guys are still around, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Fishman View Post
    I dare him to say that to actual ghoorkas. Those guys are still around, you know.
    Wouldn't that be a compliment though?

I think Ghurkas are as strong as any elite troops and a bit over priced, yes they have good stats but most of the time after one fight against a unit of line infantry they are so depleted that they are easily routed, so I really don't see how overpowered they are.

Roman Knight's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by J. Fishman View Post
    CA finds them and says, "For balancing issues we're going to have to give you worse weapons and power your strength. Terribly sorry, but the patch has to be out soon."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12