Thread: Map survey

Default Map survey

Map survey

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/srepl...ps-Survey.html

gogogo flat maps, more maps, maps tw
    Last edited by Lucullus; March 23, 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: Map survey

7. Do maps benefit defensive and "campy" playstyles too much?
    Yes
    8. Are any maps significantly imbalanced? Which ones?
    No
    well...

I think that most of the maps ar unbalanced... there are one or two that are too much.. i can0t remmeber the name, but there's one that has a mountain with a big sign "camp here"

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

The Battle maps blow like a 2 dollar hooker....... Hope they release a map editor, seems the professionals are clueless in what constitutes a decent multi-player battle map.

Heya Thompson! Yes would love a map editor, perhaps one only the host needs to have on his system for MP, of course if an editor comes out I suppose there would be community mappacks and such.

Someone can give me a link to the download? Im banned from official for not "shuting up with my spam" which ofcurse was talking about how they once again released an unfinished version.
    Would love to start making maps though...

There is no map editor, only a survey to which maps are requested. a lot of people request hilly maps. ridiculous.... camping ftw?

Yeah, I can't believe some of the idiotic responses on there that want more hills. I mean are they serious??

And last I heard, this was a survey on multiplayer maps, yet some people respond as if they are facing the ai.....

Well, it's great CA ask the players on the map we want, but I think they should focus on things like, bugs, cheat, units balance etc. before.

I don't play this game any more since I know we can cheat like a pig, they should hotfix that, but they didn't. It's pretty lame.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Nice, I posted this link in the other map thread a few days ago as well.

For all of the Multiplayer people, PLEASE voice your opinion there. They are going to base their decision on the feedback they get in that thread. A lot of the people who are filling out that survey are Campaign Players or Terrain Campers (who don't care too much for a simplistic, flat map which would be balanced for online usage). So if they know the Multiplayer community wants at least one flat map, then hopefully they will release one.

Just know if someone votes for a map with hills on both sides, then you're going to have the same problem: someone is going to refuse to move, and the attacker is still gonna have to fight UPHILL. That's why a flat map is the most balanced solution. The attacker shouldn't have to go uphill when the resources are equal for both armies.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader