Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for Empire v1.6

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for Empire v1.5 & Warpath Campaign

Welcome to TWC and thanks for commenting.

Just one question: what about conscripts?
    ViolentAJ, I’ll see what I can do about Conscripts and Republican Guards in the future. I have received requests for them in the past.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Getting these and the world “Theatre Page” units into Custom Battle to record their full stats requires modding, something of which I would like Le FUSIL to be independent of. Every time CA releases an Update, it affects the community modding tools and they have to be updated as well. I didn't have the luxury of waiting this time round since I have other TW projects ongoing. Pardon the long story.
    Put every unit and their abilities on!
    Fire-dweller, that’s quite a request considering that each unit has a handful or more of abilities. For now, Le FUSIL shows those abilities that can be button (de)activated. I have added morale related “abilities” and may look into adding some other things in the future though.
    Hi, thx for a superb guide! I wonder if you have looked into 'time to first shoot'? It seems different units take different amount of time to start shooting i.e. regular infantry is faster then guards.
    cfx1999, That’s an interesting discovery. I never thought of it but would expect it to be difficult to observe and record (i.e. the zero point before the shooting starts).
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Quote Originally Posted by brandybarrel View Post
    I never thought of it but would expect it to be difficult to observe and record (i.e. the zero point before the shooting starts).
    Walk two units into firing distance with fire at will off, then stop the time between selecting fire at will and the first shot.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Fire-dweller's Avatar Civis

LOL that is blunt!

MortenJessen's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi there Brandybarrel.
    I know you are probably getting tired of people telling you what a great job you have done here, but I will just do so again: Nice job here Brandy, cheers.
    Now, my question. In your guide there is a slight difference between the Sipahis of the Ottomans and those of the Marathas. In my game they are exactly the same. How come? Your stats are based on maxed out techs, so is it because the Marathas gets a slight bonus by some tech somewhere? Or is it an error? Since I only ever gets those when I am maxed out in techs in my own games, and in multiplayer there could be differences due to experience.
    Y.S.
    M. Jessen

HI MortenJessen

Thanks for commenting.

The Sipahis have the same stats for both Marathas and the Ottoman Empire.

It was an error from Le FUSIL v4.0 that I had forgotten to correct for Le FUSIL v5.0. You must have been one of the first 300 to have downloaded it before I pulled it and replaced it with the corrected Le FUSIL v5.0.

You’ll have to re-download Le FUSIL v5.0 to see the correction (i.e., Sipahis defence = 11)

Cheers,

MortenJessen's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi again Brandy.
    I did as you suggested. I downloaded a new v. 5.0, and the error is not there any more. Thanks for the reply.
    Y.S.
    M. Jessen

Hi. Great guide!

A question: is it possible to see which units do NOT benefit from 'fire discipline' techs (such as fire by rank)?

I ask because the first 2 types of line inf open to the Maharathas (sp?) don't seem to get fire by rank (I was a bit irked by this, as I expected the more expensive of the two to get it).

If the info IS in there somehow and I'm not seeing it, advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Hi Steeltrap

Marathas units did not receive the "rank firing drill" in Update 1.5 and players have voiced their disappointment as well.

You can find if a unit has the “rank firing drill” or other abilities by clicking on the “Abilities” tab on the unit’s info card in game.

Cheers,

Hi Steeltrap

Marathas units did not receive the "rank firing drill" in Update 1.5 and players have voiced their disappointment as well.

You can find if a unit has the “rank firing drill” or other abilities by clicking on the “Abilities” tab on the unit’s info card in game.

Cheers,

Thanks. Was aware of being able to find it in the unit card. Point is it doesn't make much sense to research it and plan to use it only to find nobody CAN use it. If you have no units able to use it, why the hell is it even available on the research screen???

Lazy programming/design strikes again.....

BTW, not peeved with your response! Guide is very well done. Fact is I don't play ETW any more, just not a challenge (in any good sense)/enjoyable for me.

Cheers

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

Hello brandybarrel, will you update your guide with the new Elite units?
    Cheers!

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for ETW v1.5, Elite DLCs, & Warpath Campaign

Hi everyone,

Le FUSIL unit guide is now updated with the Elite Units of America.

Other changes include grouping units into categories (e.g. Light Infantry, Line Infantry) on the faction pages and illustrating a unit’s fire drill capability (platoon fire, fire by rank). A “quick” fire for those units with rapid weapon/reload capabilities (e.g., Windbüchse Jaegers) has also been added.

edit> a minor correction was made to the Ferguson Rifles just after posting. Apologies to the first few. Please try again.

Last edited by brandybarrel; December 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for ETW v1.5 - Updated Elite Units of America

The new layout is great, having the artillery on its own page makes a lot of sense and really cleans up the faction pages.
    It's not always obvious if a unit is available in both eras (for instance, Militia is shown under "Early Inf" but availabe in early/late; normal Dragoons too)...
    But I know that anyway, and all in all the new version is a great improvement IMO.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

TonyTone's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for ETW v1.5 - Updated Elite Units of America

Thanks for taking the time to create this PDF. As a new E:TW player I'm sure I will be referencing it a lot

Hello to everyone by the way!

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for ETW v1.5 - Updated Elite Units of America and MP Costs

Hi everyone,

MP “Late” Costs and (Unit Caps) have now been added to Le FUSIL.

Thank daniu for applying pressure.

Cheers,

Default Re: Le FUSIL Unit Guide for ETW v1.5 - Updated Elite Units of America and MP Costs

MP “Late” Costs and (Unit Caps) have now been added to Le FUSIL.

Thank daniu for applying pressure.

Sorry...
    now I have to find someone to rep so I can rep you again.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

blonkers1234's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post

Sorry...
    now I have to find someone to rep so I can rep you again.

Thanks brandy and dani for MP prices. Why such small print for the MP prices though?
    Last edited by Claus DeWitz; December 16, 2009 at 12:11 PM.
    >>>>>> professional arrowfodder

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Thanks for keeping this useful guid up-to-date. +rep.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

This is such a great guide!! My friend and I just downloaded it and that last page with the firing tables, speed table, and experience chart has helped us out immensely in understanding the different units a lot better.

Question: The experience card on page 22 refers to both SP and MP correct?

Something that would help someone like me out would be to line up comparable units as best as possible so newbs can compare the stats easier (i.e. All line infantry lined up either vertical or horizontally). I know that would be difficult with the Brits and America considering all the special units they have but I'm sure it's possible to make some sort of comparable chart that's easily readable.

Thanks for this great pdf!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    This is such a great guide!! My friend and I just downloaded it and that last page with the firing tables, speed table, and experience chart has helped us out immensely in understanding the different units a lot better.

Question: The experience card on page 22 refers to both SP and MP correct?

Something that would help someone like me out would be to line up comparable units as best as possible so newbs can compare the stats easier (i.e. All line infantry lined up either vertical or horizontally). I know that would be difficult with the Brits and America considering all the special units they have but I'm sure it's possible to make some sort of comparable chart that's easily readable.

Thanks for this great pdf!!
    @ MoTiv, Yes, this would be a different and perhaps ideal way to represent the units. For now, I am glad to be able to squeeze all the “late” units of a faction onto one inter-faction page. It’s more of an inter-faction comparison than inter-category one. The latter would require more spacing and scatter the faction units around into categories that most, some, or perhaps no factions meet. It might turn into a messy presentation. At the moment, the units of a faction are lined up according to cost and you can find another faction’s corresponding unit in relatively the same location. Thanks for the suggestion.

To answer your question, the experience card applies to both SP and MP battles. I haven’t found any other data that would indicate otherwise.

@ Claus DeWitz, the small font for MP costs were a concern of mine as well. I tried several larger font sizes, spacing, and positions for the MP costs and felt that the current size caused the least confusion and clutter with the regular cost values on the faction pages and unit cards on the inter-faction pages respectively. Along with other information below the unit card, it was an aesthetic choice too.

If you are printing out the PDF file, make sure that “None” is selected next to Page Scaling. Otherwise, the default “Shrink to Printable Area” will shrink the page contents about 10% or so. This might help a little.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment and welcome to TWC TonyTone.
    Last edited by brandybarrel; December 18, 2009 at 01:19 AM.