Thread: [ETW AAR] Histories greatest Battles United Province AAR (Updated 4/12/2009 The India Wars)

Default [ETW AAR] Histories greatest Battles United Province AAR (Updated 4/12/2009 The India Wars)

This is my Continued Series of My United Province AAR. The first few videos are based on my Spanish war. With the 3rd one The Last battles closing up the Spanish War.. And moving into the next war.

This AAR is unique in that I tell the story through a fictional Show called histories Greatest battles and then post them to Youtube for you can watch. As I make more and more videos I get a little better on how to do things and make things work. So they are always a work in progress.

Siege Of Madrid AAR Movie 1st

United Providences Vs The Spanish. The first year of the war fielded UP ships vs The Spanish with many battles fought at the Straights of Gibraltar and other areas. 3 Armies marched from France to Spanish Lands. 1 army broke off and laid siege to the Capital of Madrid. This is the story of the battle and the outcome.

My first real video I ever made. I made a vain attempt at being a Narrator in this first video which I stopped after this version.

This is an attack on the Spanish capital of Madrid. I faced a Starfort in this battle. Recorded it with the In game recorder. Then played it back and recorded it with Fraps. Then edited it with Microsoft Movie Maker.

Part one of the video Siege Of Madrid

Part two of the Video Siege Of Madrid

I made the gameplay video like a History lesson.. Or I tried too at least. And a few spelling mistakes sorry spelled Madrid mandrid. Doh.

Battle Of Salamanca Field AAR Movie 2nd

My Second recorded Battle In the Battle For Spain. I did not speak in this version, and I did a whole rewrite of the Histories Greatest Battles show, with an intro and end credits. Also Instead Of speaking I had subtitles that explained the Event heading up to the battle and the ending. Of course I will add my little emotes throughout the battle. Thanks for all the support and I hope you enjoy the video. I consider this my First Real Video. It still needs work but I like this version.

This video represents the counter attack from the spanish, and one of the biggest battles to take place. Only one of the battles are represented in the video. But actually 3 major battles took place, all in the same area. This battle is actually the last of the Three. The United Province Army in this video already held off another army before this one.. So the unit numbers are down a little.

Battle Of Salamanca Field Part 1

Battle Of Salamanca Field Part 2

The Last Battle's Of the United Province and Spanish wars 3rd

This video actually represent the last battles of the Spanish wars. I don't cover to much of the Americas in the Spanish war, because not really much resistance was met in South America. Most the real battles were fought in Spain, and the straights of Gibraltar.

My Three Spanish armies kept most the Spanish military at bay throughout the war. The Spanish usually met my forces by Using its garrison forces in its main cities to attack me. Which kept most of the cities not very protected. This decision would cripple the Spanish defense forces.

The Last Battles of the Spanish War

And this closes up the Spanish War the next battles will take place In India. Going to try and make the India War into one movie.. Of course it might be split up because of Youtubes rules of only 10 mins. But I will try. Lots of battles took place, and sea battles too. Also Windows movie maker seems to not like videos over 6 mins. I always end up with a movie with the Video disappearing if its more the 6 mins.

The Battle For India Has Begun Watch Episode One of the Battles

This is the first thrust into Mughals Land. Total of 5 Fleets, 7 Full Stack Armies Attacked Mughals land. The Mughals countered the Land Attack with a Few counter attacks at Field armies and A army that took Town Of Ujjain,malwa. These are the stories of those battles.

The Indian Wars Part 1

Part 2 of the Battle for India is now up. Sorry took so long. But windows Movie maker is too annoying. Don't know if I will make any more or not. Don't seem to be getting much responses.

Battle Of India Part 2
    Last edited by Malkuth; April 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Siege Of Madrid Gameplay Video AAR

The video and idea of it being historical is good however I regret to inform you your voice isn't very Epic. lol just messing but imagine if you had like a movie trailer guys voice on that video would have been perfect
    Check out my AAR on the Makedonia Spartan league based off the campaign
    "Take of a Makedonia Spartan"

I know I listened to it again and laugh at myself. I was nervous and shooting from the hip. No scripts or anything. LOL.

Krupp's Avatar Senator

+rep for something original dude.

keep it up.
    "Over the hills and far away..."

Very enjoyable.
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

To bad they didnt put up a fight.
    When i took madrid after dropping my troops at Gibraltar then moving up, they actually put up a fight.

Each part of the wall was fought for and after my cannons shot a breaktrough my rushing cavalary got intercepted costing me a whole regiment.
    Grtz Sebas[NL]

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Nice, in fact you might even set a trend with this.

But, United Providences? Whoops...

tuore's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Siege Of Madrid Gameplay Video AAR/ New Update 3/24/2009 Battle Of Salamanca Field

at the providences...

Really nice looking, keep going!

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Siege Of Madrid Gameplay Video AAR/ New Update 3/24/2009 Battle Of Salamanca Field

Thanks for the comments.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Very Nice.

The 2nd Video was a lot better, I like the subtitled-historical approach there.

looking forward to more

MP

Learning something new everytime. Wondering why my aspect ratio was so odd. Come to find out I was using the standard Ratio. Youtube likes Widescreen type.

Next videos will show this. I guess I will have to record at a higher Display rate with fraps if I want the whole Box to be filled right?

Hi guys I have finished the Series for this Spanish war. But I'm still having internet problems. Been two weeks so far since my internet failed. And they have yet to fix it. So I have to drop my current ISP and switch to a new one. (going 3 times faster cable modem).

Once I get up and running again I will post the new Movies, well one more for the Spanish campaign at least.

By the way if anyone lives in New England Area and has the New Fairpoint guys that took over for Verizon. Drop them. They suck. I will be contacting BBB, and the Maine State Telecommunications bureau with a massive complaint of the miserable customer service representatives and business practices.

Not happy with these people. Almost 2 weeks now without good internet. (i'm downloading at .02 Megabits, upload speed is non existent.

Took me 6 mins just to load the page to get the number of the cable company that I'm switching too.

So don't worry I have not given up on this AAR. Just been given a bad card with my ISP. Next week I will upload the new videos.

Bernem's Avatar Senator

Nice one, the voiced version was not too bad either!

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Histories greatest Battles United Province AAR (Updated 4.10/2009)

The Last Battle's Of the United Province and Spanish wars 3rd

This video actually represent the last battles of the Spanish wars. I don't cover to much of the Americas in the Spanish war, because not really much resistance was met in South America. Most the real battles were fought in Spain, and the straights of Gibraltar.

My Three Spanish armies kept most the Spanish military at bay throughout the war. The Spanish usually met my forces by Using its garrison forces in its main cities to attack me. Which kept most of the cities not very protected. This decision would cripple the Spanish defense forces.

The Last Battles of the Spanish War

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Histories greatest Battles United Province AAR (Updated 4.10/2009)

I think this is amazing. Your voice sounds great. With the music as well, I hope this is a trend for the future.
    --
    [ETW] "The Ottoman Art Of War" (Partial - Premature death)

[ETW] England AAR (Completed)

[MTW2] Scotland AAR (Completed)

The Battle For India Has Begun Watch Episode One of the Battles

This is the first thrust into Mughals Land. Total of 5 Fleets, 7 Full Stack Armies Attacked Mughals land. The Mughals countered the Land Attack with a Few counter attacks at Field armies and A army that took Town Of Ujjain,malwa. These are the stories of those battles.

The Indian Wars Part 1

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Histories greatest Battles United Province AAR (Updated 4/12/2009 The India Wars)

Part 2 of the Battle for India is now up. Sorry took so long. But windows Movie maker is too annoying. Don't know if I will make any more or not. Don't seem to be getting much responses.

Battle Of India Part 2

Libertus

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Histories greatest Battles United Province AAR (Updated 4/12/2009 The India Wars)

Good work mate, really enjoyed watching these movies. Keep it up

Very nice keep it up.
    Grtz Sebas[NL]

Heres a suggestion, in replays, turn off flags or make them mouse over. It looks far more realistic, there are still flags, they're just life sized and being held by one of the men instead of an officer.
    "And when I danced I danced alone;
    But then I did not dance because I was alone;
    So I did not dance"- Bill Bailey