View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slovakia (best assemblage of offense at the WC)

6 12.77%
  • Canada (best roster it as ever had at the WC)

14 29.79%
  • Russia (new coaching staff ready to heal the scars of the past)

6 12.77%
  • Finland (without many of its best players)

4 8.51%
  • Sweden (same deal)

5 10.64%
  • Czechs (They've got the goods, but they had it last year as well)

4 8.51%
  • USA (last year upset bronze over Slovakia)

8 17.02%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WC Hockey

I pick Slovakia, although they had poor performance against Sweden during the trial round.

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Most teams are &#39;stacked&#39; but Canada is uber &#39;stacked&#39;. All you can think when you see their roster is, "Omg, omg, omg&#33;"

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

meh, I wouldn&#39;t put it this way. Canada could do much better better. In terms of offense, though, Canada lags behind Slovakia

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

I just want some hockey. I need hockey. What the NHL and the NHLPA have done hockey fans is beyond words.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Do you get the WC in Canada?

If not you can watch it through the internet.

Nihil's Avatar Annihilationist

I too have a craving for some hockey. Where can I see it online, JANOSIK007?

Slovakia are usually good to watch. Is Palffy on their team? He da man.
    Ex Nihilo, Nihil Fit.
    Acting Paterfamilias of House Rububula
    Former Patron of the retired Atheist Peace
    Current Lineup: Jesus The Inane, PacSubCom, Last Roman, Evariste, I Have a Clever Name, Gabriella26, Markas and Katrina

I voted for russia because first of all i&#39;m russian.Second russia always been a good competitive team. Also the canadian team could do much better with their team.Today they won with a score of 6:4 against latvia which is unusual for canada who always dominated the tournaments. About the question if we have wc hockey in canada , yes. :grin
    Manstein16 This is especially for you and your bill.

Originally posted by JANOSIK007@Apr 30 2005, 12:36 PM
    Do you get the WC in Canada?

If not you can watch it through the internet.
    LOL of course we do, it&#39;s practically the biggest event of the year over here since there is no NHL. I however, have to pay big bucks to watch European Cup Football.... :wack

Yah tell me about. But for a good english cup soccer we just have to get a basic cable here at montreal.It passes on the tsn channel.
    Manstein16 This is especially for you and your bill.

I guess Canada or Czech Republic will make it up, but maybe another team is surprising me and proofing me wrong

Originally posted by Maximus I@Apr 30 2005, 02:56 PM
    Yah tell me about. But for a good english cup soccer we just have to get a basic cable here at montreal.It passes on the tsn channel.
    Yeah I get the FA cup on TSN aswell, but all the smaller obscure leagues and games are on Fox Sports World, which I would die without. SPL, German Bundesliga... love it. More on topic - I dont know enough about hockey to contribute anything meaningful, I will cheer for Canada, and if they lose I cheer for Finland. That is until Ireland gets a good hockey team, LOL :rolleyes

Originally posted by Nihil@Apr 30 2005, 06:41 PM
    I too have a craving for some hockey. Where can I see it online, JANOSIK007?

Slovakia are usually good to watch. Is Palffy on their team? He da man.
    Here is the link.

There was once a slovak site that offered this service for 10 to 20 dollars. Now this new site controls the license and charges 4 per game. Though if you really like hockey 4 bucks is nothing.

And BTW, Palffy is on the team. As well as Gaborik, Hossa, Demitra, Satan, etc.

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Many of our best players are not in, but the team seems dedicated, ready to pursue the gold medal.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Just in:

Russians managed to tie Slovaks in the last 2 min. The score 3:3.

So at this point the poll results don&#39;t reflect the actual performance. We shall see as the championship progresses.

Those lucky Russians.

Russia vs. Slovakia was a good game&#33; Excellent hockey, at least what I saw from the summary.

Finland vs. Ukraine was pretty basic. The Ukrainians did a good job and managed to stay in the game until about half way through the third period, when they started taking unnecessary penalties and Finland managed to make the score 4-1.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

Hoglerdanske

HEY WHY THE HELL ISN*T DENMARK IN THE POLL??? UNFAIR&#33;&#33;

No, that isn't a banana

the word "canada" literally means "to own hockey" or "hockey pwnage" in 53 different languages.

Originally posted by OTZ@May 2 2005, 02:32 PM
    the word "canada" literally means "to own hockey" or "hockey pwnage" in 53 different languages.
    lol

I must admit, Canada does have a huge advantage over any other nation because of our hockey programs and emphasis on hockey in general. That all starts when your young over here. Basically, if you don&#39;t play hockey your not cool and you won&#39;t lose your virginity until your twenty which allows for a massive interest in the sport. As for this years WC I couldnt be more excited since NHL and all that jazz. I have a feeling that the Canadian team may not fare to well and if they do manage to win, they will have had some close games. That all depends on the attitude of the players and that will boil down to two scenarios.

1) They will do what they always do and haul major ****** to get the gold.
    2) The lack of NHL will have relaxed certain players and their performance will be hindered.

I personally want the 1st to happen simply for some better hockey games but like I said, it will be interesting to see what happens.

The Danes are getting a real whooping. Some neighbourly love? :grin

Don&#39;t worry, we&#39;ll get those Swedes for you on Wednessday.

I would love for SLovakia and Czechs to repeat the St. Petersburgh final. We should win this time.

DO TOHO SLOVENSKO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast