Thread: FULL CAMPAIGN MAP IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default FULL CAMPAIGN MAP IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys. Since this forum is "discussing" modding ideas, I gonna go big on this idea. I was thinking that we could get a collaborative mix of the best modders in the twcenter, and create a mod that not only incorporates the normal theaters of play that come with the game, but also the missing theaters, such as northern and eastern Asia, the rest of africa, australia and oceania, and the rest of south america. I also heard that there is no limit to how many factions you can add into the game. it would also be awesome if we could put some main factions on each of those additions, and that if you choose one of those factions, such as the japanese for example, then you don't have access to the west until a certain date, or something of such. we could also create units only available to those factions and some special features for western-eastern relations. I know it sounds like ALOT AND ALOT AND ALOT of work, but it would be a pretty awesome mod. I am not good at modding, but I could help with the historical parts and the language voices needed. Just a thought
    Last edited by deeterrocks101; March 22, 2009 at 04:53 PM.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: FULL CAMPAIGN MAP IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont actually read the mod threads do you....we already have a team working on the world map
    You look great today.

sorry i didn't see that one. however, once i saw it, I read that it was just a map platform, something for mods to use as a base. I am talking about a full on mod with chinese, japanese, african, east indies, south american, and more central asian factions, historically accurate to the time period. like a world mod with more factions for the respective areas. not just the map.

also we could add special features like the ones i mentioned.

Alkarin's Avatar Praepositus

im sure people will use the template for a mod that adds all those factions.. why would you use the world map and act like the chinese never existed?
    You look great today.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Exactly, Alkarin.

XVIII - The Rise and Fall of Empires

and

European Wars

are both major mods aiming at (more) realism and will most probably make use of the additional map material once it is available and they have reached a stage where it's going to be reasonable enough to look beyond the scope of the vanilla game.

Also, I'm soon going to update the opening post of All Horizons, which shall be a mod that will be the first one to add regions and filler factions to the new map material. That's not a realism project, however; the basic gameplay mechanics as well as the design of the given factions won't change - those can be added with modules like the several skin packs available already etc.

That's what's there right now.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob