Thread: Family Tree

Default Family Tree

I have some family members in my persian campaign who are not shown on the family tree.

Is there a second hidden one for Persia?
    Last edited by Xerrop; March 22, 2009 at 01:00 PM.

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Family Tree

I think its a bug, but there is no second family tree, their part of the same family tree just not visible. I would kill them of because some times all your family members visible on the family tree can die of and you wont have the option to chose your faction heir.

Yea like in my Spartan campaigns the beginning faction heir isn't on the family tree list. I agree with persianfan about killing them, as they may cause problems later on. Also kill them off as quickly as you can (fighting a battle with them usually works well, don't auto as they usually live) as if they have children or someone gets adopted by them it can cause a CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by persianfan247 View Post
    ... I would kill them of because some times all your family members visible on the family tree can die of and you wont have the option to chose your faction heir.
    But when the spartan faction heir is selected from the not visible family members, then the next faction heir could be automatically setted to a non visible one.

So why should i kill them

I noticed this as well. I think it goes by families. Cyrus and his heir were in a different family from my third king. But I'm not sure. If it is a bug, it's an immersive one, as it's pretty cool to only see the family of the ruling king.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabudhan View Post
    ... I think it goes by families. Cyrus and his heir were in a different family from my third king...
    Your third king was from the second family ?
    How have you managed this - was he automatically setted ?

And have you seen then the other family in the tree ?

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Hey there, a slight necro-post. I also have this problem! I'm playing the Persians, in the year 540 BC now. I can only see a few my generals (the king and the current heir) and pretty much all their daughters and one son.

It's a bit of a problem because I can only see 17 family members (5 generals) in the tree, while faction overview states I ought to have 27 family members. It's not going to be fun killing off 10 family members.
    The most recent person married into the family doesn't show on the family tree. I think he married the daughter of an adopted noble, because I can't see his wife either. Does this have anything to do with it?

Thanks! By the way, I really this your mod. The setting is great.
    Last edited by Rinan; February 22, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

I'm pretty sure this only goes for the Persians but what we did was to expand the amount of generals you have even if they don't show up on the family tree.

This is supposed to represent the powerful Persian noble families whilst the family tree is only for the royal family.

Quote Originally Posted by rez View Post
    I'm pretty sure this only goes for the Persians but what we did was to expand the amount of generals you have even if they don't show up on the family tree.

This is supposed to represent the powerful Persian noble families whilst the family tree is only for the royal family.

So Do you know how I can make Daraus and Xerxes the fourth and fifth kings of Parsa !?!?!?

Try to kill Cyrus, Kambyzes and Bardija. And any of their offspring.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I found that Darius was not in the royal family tree.

Then I killed him anyway in battle against Lydians. My Parsa has proper dynasty from the line of Cyrus.
    No place for any usurpers here.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; July 16, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Guys I have been enjoying this game for a month now ...

Luckily I have even managed to make Darayawus (Darius the Great) fourth king of persia and even the whole family three in my game changed from Cyrus the Great's Family tree to Hystapes and Darayawus' family Tree ...

Now my problem is Darayawus in his family tree is married to steteira and not atossa ( Cyrus' Daughter )
    Therefore He does not have any character by the name of Xerxes as his Son !

In my version He has 3 daughters and a son named ( buxstana or something like that which the name of the wife of his son is mandane ) !

So where the hell is Xerxes so that I can make him the next king of parsa !?!?!?!?!?!?!