Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Persia faction wrong

Default Persia faction wrong

Hi,
    First of all, we want you thank you CA team for making such a magnificent game. Now we understand it really worth this long waiting for ETW release.
    We have a protest against you if you mind, The language of Persia faction in ETW is Arabic, But Iranian people and Persian government of that period used to speak Persian. Although some people of the southern regions of Iran used to speak Arabic or Azerbaijan People used to speak Turkish (in Azeri dialect of course), but it wasn't in that size to show Persians speak Arabic in the game. Persians in 18th Century spoke Persian either in formal or informal situations. So would you please explain why they speak Arabic in game?
    We understand that it was almost impossible for you to record Persian voices because of hugeness of the Empire and of course if Persians have their own language then many more minor factions should have their own too, but anyway it's not welcome for us too see Persians speak Arabic in the game.
    Is there any way to solve this? For example changing Persia faction language from Arabic to English or even leave them without voice sounds in upcoming patches?
    at least English is the international language.
    And by the way we have another criticize if you mind, character names of Persians is more like Persian modern names than Iranian names in that period. Some 18th century Persian names for example:
    Mirza Mahdi Khan
    Ahmad Khan Sepahsalar
    Hossain Khan Sepahsalar
    Allah Qoli Khan
    Mirza Ali Kalantar

Thanks beforehand, And cheers for creating such an awesome game.
    -From the Persian Total War Site, www.totalwar.ir

---------
    im 2 post more. its not deliberated. my pc was hanged. im sorry from forum managers. plz delete those.
    Last edited by cyrus_empire; March 22, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
    I'm returned again...

Default Re: Persia faction wrong

I see you double threaded.....thats a first. Well isn't Persian a dead language? If no one speaks it, CA cant input into the game.

Ordinarius

Farsi isn't a dead language at all - the reason that the Persian faction uses Arabic in ETW is that they're meant to be non-playable, so they're assigned a 'regional' language even if it's not appropriate for them. Same reason for the Danes speaking German, or the Portuguese speaking Spanish.

Hi,
    First of all, we want you thank you CA team for making such a magnificent game. Now we understand it really worth this long waiting for ETW release.
    We have a protest against you if you mind, The language of Persia faction in ETW is Arabic, But Iranian people and Persian government of that period used to speak Persian. Although some people of the southern regions of Iran used to speak Arabic or Azerbaijan People used to speak Turkish (in Azeri dialect of course), but it wasn't in that size to show Persians speak Arabic in the game. Persians in 18th Century spoke Persian either in formal or informal situations. So would you please explain why they speak Arabic in game?
    We understand that it was almost impossible for you to record Persian voices because of hugeness of the Empire and of course if Persians have their own language then many more minor factions should have their own too, but anyway it's not welcome for us too see Persians speak Arabic in the game.
    Is there any way to solve this? For example changing Persia faction language from Arabic to English or even leave them without voice sounds in upcoming patches?
    at least English is the international language.
    And by the way we have another criticize if you mind, character names of Persians is more like Persian modern names than Iranian names in that period. Some 18th century Persian names for example:
    Mirza Mahdi Khan
    Ahmad Khan Sepahsalar
    Hossain Khan Sepahsalar
    Allah Qoli Khan
    Mirza Ali Kalantar

Thanks beforehand, And cheers for creating such an awesome game.
    -From the Persian Total War Site, www.totalwar.ir

Thank cyrus_empire
    I Am Iranian And I Want See Persia With Persian Language , Not Arabi not english and ....

Total War Must MAke Real

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Godless Pickle View Post
    I see you double threaded.....thats a first. Well isn't Persian a dead language? If no one speaks it, CA cant input into the game.
    Farsi dead? Tell that to 60 million Iranians. Anyway, everybody can make mistakes but thanks for the laugh. Btw if you wanna hear "persian" (farsi) listen to almost all eastern muslim faction in the Broken Crescent Med2 supermod.
    Hossein Alizadeh =

farsi deadddd?????? :O :O :O
    im sorry for this idea!!!!! in Iran Afghanistan Tajikistan and any middle asia spoken in Persian (farsi)
    I'm returned again...

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I'd love to see someone add Persia as a fully fleshed out faction. In my Russian campaign I helped them restore the territory of the Achaemenid dynasty
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Semisalis

Then, Is BBC persia or Persian VOA are having programs for ghosts?

I completely agree as an Iranian. No complain can really be made because Persia is a non-playable faction and CA is not responsible for that. But as this is an easy fix, we will thank you a lot to do this. We don't expect you to record a Farsi language for Iran. Just change their language to English. English is at least an international language and most of the games use English for all the countries such as previous total wars. But, Arabic is no way Farsi and no way an international language, so please change it.
    And for the names, they don't want a hard work and I think CA is responsible for that. Because of you play with Playable factions such as Ottoman Empire, you can see the wrong names of Persian Generals. They should be redone.

However, these little problems doesn't reduce the value of total wars. Thank you a lot for your hard work!

Why you dont like a language of your religion, mohamed was arabic, the religion is arabic, koran is in arabic, dont you want be like him?

InfUA Lol Do You Know Any Thing From Iran ? Lol

Iran ( Persia ) Was Great And In That Time Iran Have More Power Than Korea Or Arabic ....

Then First Know , Next Say Some Thing From Iran .

Hey Total War Admin Iran iS Old Country And You Shoud Carefully To Make That

In Rome Total War Iran HAVE Hakhamanesh And Had Full Power But You Not ...

And In Medival And Now In Empire Next Each You ......

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by InfUA View Post
    Why you dont like a language of your religion, mohamed was arabic, the religion is arabic, koran is in arabic, dont you want be like him?
    They are completely different things. If many Iranians are muslims is because of their good things. for example: not to lie or steal or kill or racism or ........
    But culture is a thing that doesn't change, and if it changes one day, it will not be Arabic culture that replaces it. Arabs have done many crimes on Iran for hundred of years. taking men and women as prisoner and ****ing women and girls. These conflicts are continuing today and we had lost more than a million young men in a forced war against Iraq. so, why should be happy to see Iranians speak Arabic?
    and one thing to mention, all of these works that Arabs have done are against the true Islam, so speaking Arabic isn't the same as being a muslim. keep in mind!

Persia is a dead language? bah! 70 million people in Iran itself plus people of Afghanistan, Tajikestan and ... speak Persian.

Well if it means to tremple our nationality no! religion and nationality are different things. Why should we sacrifice our history for religion?
    foughts like these took us that much far that our foolish regime let Arabs put Arabian title on ever Persian Gulf.
    Last edited by R-teen; March 22, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Persia is none playable that is why they speak arabic.

Denmark also speak german etc.

Case closed.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Well Farsi isn't the same as ancient Persian, but its descended from it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language#History

Quote Originally Posted by Barser View Post
    Persia is none playable that is why they speak arabic.

Denmark also speak german etc.

Case closed.
    I know myself why they don't have their own language, but my problem is: Why Arabic instead of Persian?? couldn't they used another language instead?

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

If you want to tell this to CA, perhaps you should tell it at the forum of CA? I mean, this is a gamers forum that is (somehow) independant from CA, and regarding all the threads full of complaints and dissapointment about Empire here, I donīt think that CA staff will read anything else than perhaps the bug reports from all the beta testers. And I really believe that with all the gamebreaking issues with Empire, this will not be a top priority to fix, however insulting this may be to a patriotic persian. But have you guys ever thought about modding this? CA promised that Empire should be relatively easily to mod, so perhaps this is not such a big deal. You could even make a persian mod with proper language, names, units etc. and Persia as a playable faction.

after Islam many countries and peoples converted arab, though they are has Glory civilization for example Egypt or Syria or northen africa nations but Persia (Iran) neer to be arab!! because we have beautiful and ancient language.
    Farsi never Dead
    I'm returned again...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    Farsi dead? Tell that to 60 million Iranians. Anyway, everybody can make mistakes but thanks for the laugh. Btw if you wanna hear "persian" (farsi) listen to almost all eastern muslim faction in the Broken Crescent Med2 supermod.
    Hossein Alizadeh =
    o-0 for real the dudes still howl ALL PRAISE TO ALLAH in english after i go on a full blown whoop as covention with ghavanid and khwarezmian.

Quote Originally Posted by green tea View Post
    If you want to tell this to CA, perhaps you should tell it at the forum of CA? I mean, this is a gamers forum that is (somehow) independant from CA, and regarding all the threads full of complaints and dissapointment about Empire here, I donīt think that CA staff will read anything else than perhaps the bug reports from all the beta testers. And I really believe that with all the gamebreaking issues with Empire, this will not be a top priority to fix, however insulting this may be to a patriotic persian. But have you guys ever thought about modding this? CA promised that Empire should be relatively easily to mod, so perhaps this is not such a big deal. You could even make a persian mod with proper language, names, units etc. and Persia as a playable faction.
    Thanks for your suggestions We informed CA about this via E-mail and on Yuku's forum too.
    But why not we mod this? Well, the main thing is that I think now everyone here at TWC at least played with some of minor factions, even with them being non-playable but there's a lot of minor mods that unlocks them. So if someone with not a high knowledge about Persia play a campaign with Safavids he might even believe that they used to speak Arabic! But if we mod this out how many of ETW players will download it?
    Last edited by R-teen; March 22, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast