Thread: My First Mod Works!? kinda - Elite African Spearmen

Default My First Mod Works!? kinda - Elite African Spearmen

Got my seperate mod to load, it allowed me recruit Elite African Spearmen in to the British Army .. well that was the idea, at least i thought i would get Zulu warriors .. but no, I got Mama's 'ittle dumpl'in pitchfork boys! Aren't they DARLING! .. almost a racial sleer!

One problem i did have was the Text, it won't show. You can see i put it in the pack. Did i do it right?

I noticed their weapons are pitch_fork, i might change that to something more substancial to hope for a better effect.

========================================================================

Hey!, things are looking better, i changed the pitchfork to a spear and ..

That looks more aggressive although the animation is still two-handed weapon. i cannot find a single handed thrust animation with shield .. that's going to stuff any ancient mod AS wELL as any ZULU warriors!

R
    Last edited by Rorarii; March 27, 2009 at 08:32 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Miles

Default Re: My First Mod Works!? kinda - Elite African Spearmen

I'm glad you finally make it!
    Yes, the localisation.loc don't seem to rename-able.
    There must be a way through.... but I don't know which one.
    Nice work by the way!

Well done

Yeah I had the same issue with text - it works if you run the pack in patch mode but not if you run it in mod mode. Oh and even in patch mode I had to use the full default localisation.loc with my extra text added and not custom named - default name only. Hopefully someone will work this out cos that makes the pack so much bigger than it should really need to be.

Miles

Just to know, did it works with the default name and the full file in mod mode?
    I Hope we'll find a way to just add rows or overwrite old ones like with the db.

Quote Originally Posted by MrThib View Post
    Just to know, did it works with the default name and the full file in mod mode?
    I Hope we'll find a way to just add rows or overwrite old ones like with the db.
    In you do a simple clone and have a new custom unit, it will have default text assigned from the cloned unit. The assigned text comes from whatever the unit is assigned to in one of the tables - eg. unit_description_texts_description_text_euro_highlanders_scots has text relating to one of the units. If you replace the unit with your customized assignation (say euro_highlanders_custom) and enter text into the localisation file then it doesn't show. It will show the default ONLY if you don't reassign. In other words defaults will show if you don't reassign but, regardless, the on screen name won't show because that is totally unique to the new custom unit.

That is what I've concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by juniroxors View Post
    In you do a simple clone and have a new custom unit, it will have default text assigned from the cloned unit. The assigned text comes from whatever the unit is assigned to in one of the tables - eg. unit_description_texts_description_text_euro_highlanders_scots has text relating to one of the units. If you replace the unit with your customized assignation (say euro_highlanders_custom) and enter text into the localisation file then it doesn't show. It will show the default ONLY if you don't reassign. In other words defaults will show if you don't reassign but, regardless, the on screen name won't show because that is totally unique to the new custom unit.

That is what I've concluded.

errr? .. what he said! .. I think? I'm still new to this.

Maybe we need to edit another table to get the text to work?

Another thing i noticed, I increased the unit size from 180 to 240 but ti didn't seem to work? this had 180!?

R

PS, going through all the tables, there's huge amount of work gone into this game!!

Last edited by Rorarii; March 22, 2009 at 08:19 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Added to first post.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Why don't you just use the bayonet animation?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    Why don't you just use the bayonet animation?
    Needs to be one handed thrust .. other hand holds a shield. Essential if you want .. ZZUULLLUUs! .. and most primitive warriors.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

When you edit unit size you get whatever you put the number as x0.75.

It's basically 3/4ths of whatever you put there. I don't know why.

So a 120 line infantry unit would have 160.

If you want 240 you put 320. That should work anyway.

I think it's actually to do with whatever your "unit size" setting in the game settings is.
    Ultra = multiplier of 1
    High = multiplier of 0.75
    medium = multiplier of 0.5
    low = multiplier of 0.25
    At least I assume it works like that.

I assume that the Grand Campaign is on High then. Is that something that can be changed? Or is it a multiplayer/mock battle/scenario thing?

Rorarii regarding single handed thrusts and shields. Are shields and swords combined weapons? Cause I know the Maratha and Mughals with there Hindu/Sikh/Muslim warriors have shields even though they have swords as well. Maybe see if that helps?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Rorarii regarding single handed thrusts and shields. Are shields and swords combined weapons? Cause I know the Maratha and Mughals with there Hindu/Sikh/Muslim warriors have shields even though they have swords as well. Maybe see if that helps?
    Sword & shield is an animation.

You could probably give a spear & sheild to a unit easily, but he would either have to swing his spear like a sword or hold it with 2 hands and have the spear clip through the shield.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

So thats where all my tablecloths went...the little tinkers!

LOL! Willie, i was waitng for someone to say that.

I've tried man_sword_shield animations with the spear weapon but it doesn't work. As the figure stands there, the spear is floating in space in front of them? only when they move their right arm is the spear located correctly.

I've also tried rider_lance (but that's cavalry i think), spear lays on the ground until mesh moves then it's flying in the air!

We're short a man_spear_shield animation!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

LOL, get those guys some proper trainign because they think they're holding some muskets .

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    LOL, get those guys some proper trainign because they think they're holding some muskets .
    Like your avatar stefan, is that one of the new ancient asian ships for the new TW?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo