Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: played a game, proof etw is retarded

Indefinitely Banned

Default played a game, proof etw is retarded

played game, got about 8 regiments of carbineers 3 gernadiers and 4 line infantry,

anyway i am agaist austria with lots of line infanty, no arty. i have 2 arty using canister when teh action happens

my carbineers surround the flanks of the line infantry whist giving my grenadiers time to move in for the kill, they all engage into melle, while my horses draw back (the enemy chases my horses) my melle get into the fight, then my carbineers draw sword and fully surrund the enemy.

My army ROUTS WTF

This game ing sucks

Default Re: played a game, proof etw is retarded

Last i checked missile cavalry 'smiley-ing suck' in melee.

Many things in this game are broke... but nothing in your post would point to that.

Indefinitely Banned

missile cavarly have an excellent melle charge its 11 the same as dragoons, they just dont have the high defence as normal melle cavalry. still a mass charge would of made the enemy itself, i dont undetstand why they held for so long surrounded.

also they did not use square formation, in which case i would of probally pulled out and sent my men into fireing mode

In the older times yes a cav charge would worry the enemy but in this time period the enemy your charging has a rifle that can also be used as a spear think how long those rifles where now add a 12 inch bayonet on the end. Stab the horse the man stab, stab, stab, the cav is going down.

You should have had your cav fire into the rear and your infantry fire into the front. units morale drop very fast when being fired on two sides.

Also this game rocks

Indefinitely Banned

thats what happened... the enemy chased my cavarly but my melle infantry they turned around once they saw i was going to engage them and pow i hit them hard at once when they were occupied with the infantry.

Surrounding your enemy in melee wont make them break as fast as firing on them from both sides.

Also with a few elite units they fight out of being surrounded.

Indefinitely Banned

as if, thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard of, if you were getting shot at by both sides you would form up double column back to back hope for the best and yes it would take longer to rout or die, but you woudnt feel as threatend as If you are surrounded. You would feel trapped and concerned for your life with no where to go.

well thats what i think it would of been like anyway. although getting shot at would almost be the same as surrounded.

A

Roman Knight's Avatar Campidoctor

You guys wouldn't know, he's been a pro-gamer for 17 years.

This is Empire, Total War. This isn't Sparta chief. Guns rule, dudes in capes and swords do not.

8 regiments of light skirmisher cavalry? Are you kidding? What's the morale on Carbineers, and what's the morale on line infantry? And where was your general? In the fight, out of the fight, or dead already?

Carbineers are kind of crap

Ranged cavalry in this game are utterly horrible, Their only purpose is to harass other cavalry, Otherwise you shouldnt be using them!
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Roman Knight's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    Ranged cavalry in this game are utterly horrible, Their only purpose is to harass other cavalry, Otherwise you shouldnt be using them!
    I often find that their manouverability enables them to provide a critical volley of crossfire that often routes a unit outright. I find it useful to have 2 of them and alternate between them, i.e. One on the flank firing while the other reloads out of harms way and switching them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Knight View Post
    You guys wouldn't know, he's been a pro-gamer for 17 years.
    Ahahhaah, yeah.

But OP, the sad fact is.. you suck. You used your troops wrong and/or got slaughtered so your troops routed . Even THEY saw you're going to get them slaughtered

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

ZOMG!!! Zee master plan of the pro gamer has utterly failed!!! This contradicts with logic!! Hencforth we conclude that charging troops that are meant for harrasing MUST ROUT EVERY UBER ARMY! It must be a bug of CA!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_sparta View Post
    played game, got about 8 regiments of carbineers 3 gernadiers and 4 line infantry,

anyway i am agaist austria with lots of line infanty, no arty. i have 2 arty using canister when teh action happens

my carbineers surround the flanks of the line infantry whist giving my grenadiers time to move in for the kill, they all engage into melle, while my horses draw back (the enemy chases my horses) my melle get into the fight, then my carbineers draw sword and fully surrund the enemy.

My army ROUTS WTF

This game ing sucks
    You may want to reconcider your tactics

Oh Gosh. Did I crash the wrong party?

Indefinitely Banned

im not ing stupid carbanieers are misile units but being surrounded and getting charged from a rear would you up.. no matter what type of cavarly it is.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

This is not Medeival 2 total war...

Just face it, you used a bad tactic and got trashed, these things happen

AHhaha, oh God. His enemy had no artillery.. just infantry. Mostly line infantry, he says. So our pro gamer goes: Hey, let's flank ten million guys with a few skirmishers and I know.. I'll send two Grenadier regiments against them!

Result: WTF!!!!! MY SKIRMISHERS DIDN'T TOTALLY OWN THEM WHEN I SENT THEM INTO MELEE??

well, now everyone can see why CA should not improve its AI.it actually pwns XD

http://silvercolum.deviantart.com/
    ''God seems to be spanish,for granting u such a great miracle.''
    Almiral Holak, battle of empel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast