Thread: How do i open a mod

Default How do i open a mod

I want to make some adjustments for myself with a mod i downloaded. How do i open it. I try the packer but that didn't work.

Miles

Default Re: How do i open a mod

what are you trying to do exactly? i can direct you if you like...
    Slovenic by birth, Christian by the Grace of God.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Tomasovic View Post
    what are you trying to do exactly? i can direct you if you like...
    I am trying to open the qcov1.6 i just want to lower the cost of some of the units.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239309
    Last edited by wozzar; March 21, 2009 at 11:10 PM.

Miles

head on over here buddy - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546 download the editor which doubles as an unpacker/repacker... then make sure if you are using xp pro 32-bit you have to download .net framework 3.5 from the windows update website. okay, now you can run the program and unpack patch.pak which is located in your steamapps/common/etw/data folder. now, if you want to edit build times go to db and look up buildings, for unit stats just go to the unit table... etc... technologies same deal, go to the tech table. happy modding just play around with it and you will have fun.

the file you are looking for is in the unit_land stats.. ok so go to that, scroll to the right and you will see cost. you can edit the cost for any unit.
    Last edited by Mikhail Tomasovic; March 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Tomasovic View Post
    head on over here buddy - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546 download the editor which doubles as an unpacker/repacker... then make sure if you are using xp pro 32-bit you have to download .net framework 3.5 from the windows update website. okay, now you can run the program and unpack patch.pak which is located in your steamapps/common/etw/data folder. now, if you want to edit build times go to db and look up buildings, for unit stats just go to the unit table... etc... technologies same deal, go to the tech table. happy modding just play around with it and you will have fun.

the file you are looking for is in the unit_land stats.. ok so go to that, scroll to the right and you will see cost. you can edit the cost for any unit.
    Thanks for your help.

Miles

no problem, if you need anymore help they have plenty of tutorials in that thread... people do all kinds of crazy stuff with that lol

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana