Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.3

Ohoo, thanks for the tip, great mod, really makes the game better.

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

Hmm, I'm still getting the old, boring campaign music sometimes. Do I have to add something to the mod loading script in AppData for it to apply? It really disturbs the campaign mood when I hear that dreadful vanilla music.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    Hmm, I'm still getting the old, boring campaign music sometimes. Do I have to add something to the mod loading script in AppData for it to apply? It really disturbs the campaign mood when I hear that dreadful vanilla music.
    Why don't you get my mod add-on? It removes all non-Euorpean campaign music. Find the download link on the first page.

Hey, Great mod, I love the music and everything, Im just having one little problem......

All of my battlefield music doesn't play, the campaign and other music plays but no battle.....

Any ideas?

I also use imperial splendor, I don't think that this would cause a conflict but............. Ya : P

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    Why don't you get my mod add-on? It removes all non-Euorpean campaign music. Find the download link on the first page.
    I forgot to mention that I also had the mod add on installed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    I forgot to mention that I also had the mod add on installed as well.
    Oh, and I didn't read your post properly.
    Did you mean if you have to add something in the user.empire_script.txt for the add-on? Yes, that's correct. Install it just as you would the standard mod.

If this isn't the problem, then you probably downloaded the first, incomplete version of the add-on. The one currently uploaded is the complete one.

Hi, first let me say - congratulations on such a great mod! I really was hoping from some period music from the vanilla game...sadly, like many other features, CA decided that the music wasn't important, instead using drab bagpipes for the most important - and time consuming part - of their game. Now, just hearing a beautiful harpsichord piece by Bach or Handel makes me want to conquer more of the world...the music really makes the you feel more in the 18th Century!

Anyway - my question. I believe an earlier post asked you to kindly put up a track list of the pieces used...but this was never done. It would be a great help for me - and, I think, many others - to know the pieces used in your mod. While I know many of the pieces used, there were others which I really loved and would like to know the names/composers of, so I can get them my self . Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and keep up the good work,

Nizlopi

Love the mode dude, the music chosen is proper and beautifull, i enjoy it every day .

Tiro

Fantastic mod. It sets the tone for world conquest and enlightenment so well. Thanks a million for sharing.

Have you considered making a second pack? It would be nice to get some new music... it could have some of the current songs but in a different order... I've listened to this music for so many hours now.

Any chance you could squeeze Dvorak's Symphony #9 "From The New World". The first 2 movements are pleasant, the 3rd and 4th movements may be a little to lively for the campaign map.

This is one of my all time favorite pieces. It is about 100 years too late, but I think it is a song that captures the feeling of exploration, especially the exploration of the New World.

Any chance you could also include the suggested songs in the Period Loading Screens mod so that those files can be replaced as suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberius View Post
    Any chance you could squeeze Dvorak's Symphony #9 "From The New World". The first 2 movements are pleasant, the 3rd and 4th movements may be a little to lively for the campaign map.

This is one of my all time favorite pieces. It is about 100 years too late, but I think it is a song that captures the feeling of exploration, especially the exploration of the New World.
    That may very well be so, but it'd still ruin the purpose of this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGurkha View Post
    Any chance you could also include the suggested songs in the Period Loading Screens mod so that those files can be replaced as suggested?
    I've been thinking about that, but I'd have to do some modifications to it, as some of the music he lists I am already using in some way. For example, he suggests replacing one of the loading screen sound files with Handel's Sarabande, but I'm already using that one for the main screen, although it's a different recording.

hey onkel tuca

please tell me which componist and what title have the second classic music here:

mus091_europe_guitar_1_v1.00.mp3

it so wonderfull! i can hear and hear it again

Quote Originally Posted by ramses12 View Post
    hey onkel tuca

please tell me which componist and what title have the second classic music here:

mus091_europe_guitar_1_v1.00.mp3

it so wonderfull! i can hear and hear it again
    That's Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D major.

I have an issue, I can hear the music during the campaign map, but I cannot hear any other sounds like clicking on units, units talking. etc. I can still hear atmospheric effects though.

That's a bug CA introduced with the latest patch. Will be fixed in the next one probably.

Ah, yes . I love the presentation. I 'm sick of those people releasing musics with 19th century music in it, wishing no one will care ! I'm a lover of Bach, so your mod interest me a lot. I'm downloading it right now. Did you also change fife and drumms music ? ( I am most sorry, but I am too lazy to check the 9 previous pages ). If not, a good combination could be made with a mod of ours ( French music mod by Bibouba, which is far from being perfect, yes, but whose fife and drumms are very excellent, and far from being the always repeated "british grenadier").

We are working on the Grognard mod project, which is also aiming at maximum realism. I don't want to start being out of the point so I'll keep quiet untill the next comments

Downloading ...

Ah yes, and, in case it was not in the mod already, there is one music that really should be in :
    this one : http://www.deezer.com/track/2212816

It's "La Marche pour la Cérémonie des Turcs", by Lully. You might say it's XVIIth century, yes, but still that's the kind of music that was still played. Classical style was still prefered at the age of Frederic II, to the Baroch style.

Another would be this one :
    It's part of "Les Indes sensibles" by Rameau, title "Forêts paisibles"
    http://www.deezer.com/track/730732

Last edited by JC_von_Preussen; April 13, 2009 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    Ah, yes . I love the presentation. I 'm sick of those people releasing musics with 19th century music in it, wishing no one will care ! I'm a lover of Bach, so your mod interest me a lot. I'm downloading it right now. Did you also change fife and drumms music ? ( I am most sorry, but I am too lazy to check the 9 previous pages ). If not, a good combination could be made with a mod of ours ( French music mod by Bibouba, which is far from being perfect, yes, but whose fife and drumms are very excellent, and far from being the always repeated "british grenadier").

We are working on the Grognard mod project, which is also aiming at maximum realism. I don't want to start being out of the point so I'll keep quiet untill the next comments

Downloading ...
    I happen to not be the happy owner of an extensive collection of fife and drum marches.
    That's why I haven't added any into the mod, and also due to the fact that there is quite a bit of mods that deal with those.
    And as far as I know, you can only really have 4 effective marches at the same time, so it's going to be repetetive.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Whow!!! Great Music Mod - thank u for this good composition of classical themes - its very good!
    Can't believe I haven't found this earlier.

+ Rep of course to the one deserves!