Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    You need to do this in the Pack File manager, not the Mod Manager.

BTW, are you using the French music mod as well? It will conflict with my mod for sure.
    Alright thanks alot , Ill go download it now and try and see if it fixes the problem . And no Im not using the french music mod , thats a french re-skin mod .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Syntax Error's Avatar Miles

Is there any way to shuffle the music? It appears that the mod is one large sound file (though I can be mistaken), and whenever an enemy engages me and brings up the combat deployment dialog box on the campaign map, the music is stopped and I cannot restart it until I mute/unmute the music from the sound settings.

Also, I think the original campaign map music is utterly terrible, your mod adds a very nice and appropriate atmosphere to the game. Perhaps removing the campaign map music entirely (I like the battle map music, however) can be done? Or perhaps an optional version for those who would like to keep it? Adding a lot of tracks to the mod would also be appreciated, of course. There is plenty of baroque music in this period to be had!

Libertus

^ Same thing here.

Libertus

I'm not sure how this would work without making it so everyone will add a new mod every time they download the new version of this mod.
    Thanks anyway. The only problem with this mod is the download time.

EDIT: And the above problem.

Onkel Tuca are you going to post the playlist?

Please tell me right away what the pre-battle music is from!

How about adding the William Tell Overture as part of the battle music?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell_Overture

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
    Is there any way to shuffle the music? It appears that the mod is one large sound file (though I can be mistaken), and whenever an enemy engages me and brings up the combat deployment dialog box on the campaign map, the music is stopped and I cannot restart it until I mute/unmute the music from the sound settings.

Also, I think the original campaign map music is utterly terrible, your mod adds a very nice and appropriate atmosphere to the game. Perhaps removing the campaign map music entirely (I like the battle map music, however) can be done? Or perhaps an optional version for those who would like to keep it? Adding a lot of tracks to the mod would also be appreciated, of course. There is plenty of baroque music in this period to be had!
    The mod is actually 17 large sound files, that are supposed to be shuffled, but the ETW mechanism appears to hinder this from happening properly.
    About the vanilla campaign music, I'm annoyed by the fact that some of it remains, even when playing western European factions. This means that, even when playing as said factions, the game will pick up music from other cultures (tribal, ottoman, indian) and play on the campaign map.

This issue could be fixed by removing entirely other cultures' music, but that would ruin entirely the atmosphere when playing a faction outside of European culture. I might do this though, as my mod is designed to be played with European factions anyway.

To avoid the issue with stopping music, just make sure that whenever you get the choice, don't retreat from battle or autoresolve. This will stop the music. As long as you go into battle properly, the music will continue afterwards.
    This is quite annoying, but it's a bug in vanilla, so blame CA.

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    Onkel Tuca are you going to post the playlist?

Please tell me right away what the pre-battle music is from!
    I will post the track list sooner or later. But it's quite a bit of work, and I'm lazy.

I can tell you now though, that the prebattle music is from Henry Purcell's semi-opera Dioclesian. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    How about adding the William Tell Overture as part of the battle music?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell_Overture
    That's not really from this period, sorry.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; April 03, 2009 at 02:15 PM.

That's not really from this period, sorry.
    Ah yes, it's from 1829. Sorry, I had no time to check.

Tarmac's Avatar Laetus

Am I doing something wrong because every time I quit the game the mod tuca_music.pack; gets deleted from my script file. I put it in there and save it as unicode and can play the game just fine with the music working and all my other mods working but as soon as I quit the file seems to revert to the default file.

I'm on vista 64 bit if that makes any difference.

edit: read your earlier post, making the file read-only fixed it thanks
    Last edited by Tarmac; April 03, 2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: solved my own problem

I will post the track list sooner or later. But it's quite a bit of work, and I'm lazy.

I can tell you now though, that the prebattle music is from Henry Purcell's semi-opera Dioclesian. Highly recommended!

...Purcell's semi-opera composed in 1690? For shame! You're breaking your own rule!

Which song, specifically? I don't think I want to buy the whole album.

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    ...Purcell's semi-opera composed in 1690? For shame! You're breaking your own rule!

Which song, specifically? I don't think I want to buy the whole album.
    Hey, 1690 is almost 1700, and it's the same period in music as what people would've listened to in the first half of the game. So I think it's alright!

BTW, I did write in the OP that music from the 1690's at the earliest will appear.

Oh, and it's not Dioclesian at all! It's the prelude to the Masque, from Purcell's semi-opera Timon of Athens, 1694.

Announcement!

The first of a series of mod add-ons has been released!

-- Non-European campaign music removal mod
    Annoyed by the non-European music that keeps turning up in your European campaign? Use this mod to completely remove any non-Euorpean campaign music, thus eliminating the problem! Not recommended if you're planning on playing a non-European faction any time soon, but it's very easy to inactivate the mod.
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/non+euro+musicRemovalrar/;13533241;/fileinfo.html
    Install it as you would the standard mod.

Sorry for double posting.

Will we ever be able to shuffle the songs (aka when the modding tools get released) or is it an engine/hardcoded problem? I'm getting quite tired of hearing the same songs over and over again. What's worse is that when you fight a battle and return to the campaign map, the track list starts all over again. I don't think I ever heard more than 5 of them.

Announcement!

The first of a series of mod add-ons has been released!

-- Non-European campaign music removal mod
    Thanks, worked great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    Will we ever be able to shuffle the songs (aka when the modding tools get released) or is it an engine/hardcoded problem? I'm getting quite tired of hearing the same songs over and over again. What's worse is that when you fight a battle and return to the campaign map, the track list starts all over again. I don't think I ever heard more than 5 of them.
    This is indeed a problem. I'm not sure what causes it, but I hope CA will do something about this in a patch. At the moment, we can only sit tight.

BTW, you might want to download the mod add-on again. I somehow forgot to include the American guitar music, but I've uploaded a proper version.
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/ETW+non+e.../fileinfo.html

Im sorry if this sounds noobish, but is the 'user' in the txt document user.empire_script.txt my user name or just simply 'user'?

Quote Originally Posted by NYGurkha View Post
    Im sorry if this sounds noobish, but is the 'user' in the txt document user.empire_script.txt my user name or just simply 'user'?
    Yeah, it's simply 'user'.

Icon14 Re: Period Music Mod v1.3

Hello!

First, great mod sir, I love the selection. When I first opened the program and noticed the original overblown menu music was replaced, I was overjoyed. Then the campaign map music was splendid!

I do have one issue though; I noticed after I have a battle or especially a revolution (showing a cutscene) the music (not sound effects) will altogether cut out and not come back until I reload the campaign.

Is this part of the issue already described that CA needs to patch, or can I fix it? Or are you working on a fix?

If there are no solutions, then I still love the mod...I will just have to play the campaign dry of any music.

In short, yes it's a bug of the game, not the mod. We'll have to wait for the patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa Ieyasu View Post
    Hello!

First, great mod sir, I love the selection. When I first opened the program and noticed the original overblown menu music was replaced, I was overjoyed. Then the campaign map music was splendid!

I do have one issue though; I noticed after I have a battle or especially a revolution (showing a cutscene) the music (not sound effects) will altogether cut out and not come back until I reload the campaign.

Is this part of the issue already described that CA needs to patch, or can I fix it? Or are you working on a fix?

If there are no solutions, then I still love the mod...I will just have to play the campaign dry of any music.
    It's indeed a bug, but you don't need to reload the campaign to get the music back. Simply press ESC to open the menu. Select Options, select Sound, and then turn off and on music, and the music's back, although sometimes it takes a short while before it's back.