Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

Default Re: Contemporary Music Mod

Quote Originally Posted by loveandpolitics View Post
    Will this swopping around of factions have any impact on my gameplay or other (non-music) mods?
    That which I have changed in the factions doesn't seem to affect anything other than what I intended, but the fact that I use a modified factions_tables makes it very likely that my mod will conflict with any other mod that's also using a modified factions_tables, such as mods that make all factions playable.

In a future release of this mod, the cultures_tables will most likely be modifiable, which probably will let me work around this issue, by not having to include the factions_tables in the mod.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 29, 2009 at 08:07 AM.

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.2

Thanks. One more thing, I downloaded the split files, how do I get them into one file again?

Thanks. One more thing, I downloaded the split files, how do I get them into one file again?
    Make sure you've downloaded both of them to the same directory. Then, just extract part 1 like you would any other rar file, and both parts will be extracted automatically.

OK it's working and the music is great. Thank you!
    +rep
    Last edited by War&Politics; March 29, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

It seems one vanilla track still remains. It's a very simple song with a string instrument constantly playing.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Just tried this mod out, Damn fine work sir! It's a massive improvement, and actually makes it feel a bit more like the EU games. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    It seems one vanilla track still remains. It's a very simple song with a string instrument constantly playing.
    Argh. Which faction are you playing as?

no beethoven?!
    "...and all the men and women merely players."

When I was testing the mod out, I tried playing as the British, confirmed the music worked and went back to the main menu...where two songs were playing at the same time, your new one and some flute one from vanilla in the background. Only had this problem once though. I gave you a rep and rated this post 5/5 btw, except for that one small thing the tracks are excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Pfundner View Post
    no beethoven?!
    I expected complaints about this when I first released the mod. Finally!

The thing is, Beethoven stands for a period in music history that's a step ahead of the one that which the 18th century represents (even though Ludwig was active at the very end of the century). Mind you, it wasn't an easy decision to make. There are some compositions of Beethoven's I would've loved to include in the mod, but in the end, I decided I wanted to keep the atmosphere substantially 18th century, with powdered wigs and tricornes, rather than the new era that the music of Beethoven represents, with long pants and top hats.

When I was testing the mod out, I tried playing as the British, confirmed the music worked and went back to the main menu...where two songs were playing at the same time, your new one and some flute one from vanilla in the background. Only had this problem once though. I gave you a rep and rated this post 5/5 btw, except for that one small thing the tracks are excellent!
    Looks like you got infected with some vanilla tribal music. This isn't something I've experiened though. I wonder what could've caused it.
    I will make tests as soon as I get the chance.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 29, 2009 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    Argh. Which faction are you playing as?
    Prussia. I'm trying to find the song on Youtube, but no luck so far.

Music tends to stop playing after a while and can then be reactivated by going to the sound menu, turning music off and then on again. This happened in vanilla too, so it has nothing to do with you.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

Uh, it's certainly possible, even if I personally can't see the enjoyment in doing so.
    Use LtChambers' Pack File Manager to open the sound_music.pack, found in the ETW data folder, and simply redirect the music directiories to ones you've created yourself, with the same names as the originals. Also, you have to make sure the mp3's you want to use have the same file names as the original ones, or the game won't find them. This means, for example, that you can only use 17 mp3's for the european campaign.

I'm not the best explainer of things though. You can probably find a better explanation somewhere else.
    jsut wanted to say i tryed this an i finally got it work wel idont rely like it so mutch it doent work so good. i dnt kno how to remove. help needed to remove. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo View Post
    jsut wanted to say i tryed this an i finally got it work wel idont rely like it so mutch it doent work so good. i dnt kno how to remove. help needed to remove. thanks
    If you extracted the files and replaced them, just remove those same files, and it will revert back to vanilla.

I expected complaints about this when I first released the mod. Finally!

The thing is, Beethoven stands for a period in music history that's a step ahead of the one that which the 18th century represents (even though Ludwig was active at the very end of the century). Mind you, it wasn't an easy decision to make. There are some compositions of Beethoven's I would've loved to include in the mod, but in the end, I decided I wanted to keep the atmosphere substantially 18th century, with powdered wigs and tricornes, rather than the new era that the music of Beethoven represents, with long pants and top hats.
    fair enough
    "...and all the men and women merely players."

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

If you extracted the files and replaced them, just remove those same files, and it will revert back to vanilla.
    will try. thanks

Just love your mod, it gives so much atmosphere. Many thanks.

Somehow it doesn't work anymore with the new patch which corrected the sound issue. I'm getting a CTD at startup. After deleting the file C:\Users\Benutzer\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt everything works again, but your great music is of course gone.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Edit: Uuups . I deactivated all pack files before the patch and so yours was obviously missing. Put it back, mod and game work again. I leave my message here, just in case anyone falls for this too.
    Last edited by Tobobu; March 30, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobobu View Post
    Just love your mod, give so much atmosphere. Many thanks.

Somehow I doesn't work anymore with the new patch which corrected the sound issue. I'm getting a CTD at startup. After deleting the file C:\Users\Benutzer\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt everything works again, but your great music is of course gone.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Edit: Uuups . I deactivated all pack files before the patch and so yours was obviously missing. Put it back, mod and game works again. I leave my message here, just in case anyone falls for this too.
    Good thing you got it working. I became a little worried there, as I started reading your post.

Good thing you got it working. I became a little worried there, as I started reading your post.
    Yeah, took me almost an hour before I realised that. I already thought about reinstalling.

BTW, do you have any plans on further expanding the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobobu View Post
    Yeah, took me almost an hour before I realised that. I already thought about reinstalling.

BTW, do you have any plans on further expanding the mod?
    Damn right I am, and I'm going to do it now.

1.3 will be uploaded and ready for download Wednesday, 1st of April (not a joke).

It will be a complete and total expansion of the mod.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 30, 2009 at 07:53 PM.