Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    Theoo is a troll account though... check his post history
    bustinBytches is a fake group
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEchCYiqhRM
    Well, what do you know...

Wait... Does this mean I just helped a troll?

It thanked me for it too. How peculiar!

The new main menu theme is great... and I think the music is definitely loud enough now!

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post

The new main menu theme is great... and I think the music is definitely loud enough now!
    Hey, thanks! That's good to hear.

Due to the silly loop function, meaning any music file will loop after 3 min and 1 sec has passed on the main screen, no less, no more, I had to look for a piece that would not only be epic and fitting, but also be of the right length. Good thing I had Handel's Sarabande lying around. It's 3.00.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 27, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

IceAgeComing's Avatar Foederatus

ye just tried it out it rox but just wanna ask something. i opened up my campaign, and the music was playing and it was great but i entered a battle and when i went back to the campaign map, the old default melody began to play, is this normal? that was yesterday, i tried it out again today without changing anything and it worked perfect

Quote Originally Posted by IceAgeComing View Post
    ye just tried it out it rox but just wanna ask something. i opened up my campaign, and the music was playing and it was great but i entered a battle and when i went back to the campaign map, the old default melody began to play, is this normal? that was yesterday, i tried it out again today without changing anything and it worked perfect
    That's odd... What faction were you playing?

And you're saying you did the same exact thing today (going into a battle, then returning to campaign) and the correct music played?
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 27, 2009 at 11:09 AM.

IceAgeComing's Avatar Foederatus

ye been playing spain, and today there was no problem everything is working fine but yesterday it bugged me lol

Quote Originally Posted by IceAgeComing View Post
    ye been playing spain, and today there was no problem everything is working fine but yesterday it bugged me lol
    Probably, something was caused to make the game not recognize that the mod was active, because as it is, the game shouldn't even know that the original European music is still around.

Good thing it was just temporary though. I'll do some tests when I get the chance to.

Instructions for Vista:

Extract the mod to your data folder.
    Add the following line to the preferences.empire_script file in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts:
    mod tuca_music.pack;

Note: I tried creating a user.empire_script txt file, but that didn't work. The method above did the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Second Spartan View Post
    Instructions for Vista:

Extract the mod to your data folder.
    Add the following line to the preferences.empire_script file in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts:
    mod tuca_music.pack;

Note: I tried creating a user.empire_script txt file, but that didn't work. The method above did the trick for me.
    Oh yeah, thanks.

I've been planning on adding instructions for Vista, but I'm too lazy.
    Will add them now.

Oh, creating the user.empire_script.txt didn't work for you? I thought it was the same in Vista?

Did you make sure to save in Unicode?
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 27, 2009 at 03:52 PM.

Thank you for this mod, it's brilliant! I looked through the files, and there's a few there I don't recognise, but just as many that I do recognise - i'm fond of Purcell's Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary in particular.

Great work, and great choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Astor View Post
    Thank you for this mod, it's brilliant! I looked through the files, and there's a few there I don't recognise, but just as many that I do recognise - i'm fond of Purcell's Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary in particular.

Great work, and great choices!
    Yeah, I tried to make a nice mixture of both famous and some non-famous (but equally fabulous) works from this period.

Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    Oh yeah, thanks.

I've been planning on adding instructions for Vista, but I'm too lazy.
    Will add them now.

Oh, creating the user.empire_script.txt didn't work for you? I thought it was the same in Vista?

Did you make sure to save in Unicode?
    What's Unicode?

Edit: found out what it is. Will try it tomorrow.

And a quick question: if I install your mod and a mod that changes battlefield music (but also campaign music) will I have the music of both mods (aka your campaign music and battlefield music of the other mod)? The other mod just replaces the sound_music.pack file in the data folder.
    Last edited by The Librarian; March 27, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

What's Unicode?
    When you save the user.empire_script.txt, you should choose Save as...
    Then, you will see you can choose a variety of codes in which to save the file. Default is ANSI. You should change this to Unicode. Try it out.

And a quick question: if I install your mod and a mod that changes battlefield music (but also campaign music) will I have the music of both mods (aka your campaign music and battlefield music of the other mod)? The other mod just replaces the sound_music.pack file in the data folder.
    My mod will overwrite the replaced sound_music.pack, as that's just what it is; a replaced sound_music.pack file. Any pack file that's saved as a mod, like mine, will overwrite original pack files, even if they're modified.

As in completely override it, so the game ignores the original file?

As in completely override it, so the game ignores the original file?
    Not quite. Only the data within the original pack file which has been altered in the mod.
    For example, I have in my mod not at all altered ottoman music, which appears in the original sound_music.pack file. Ottoman music isn't included in my mod, so the game looks for that specific music in the original pack file. The same goes for battle music. I haven't changed it, so the game will look for the battle music in the sound_music.pack file. Simple as that.

Ah great, thanks. Rep for you.

Love the music from Barry Lyndon btw!

Ah great, thanks. Rep for you.

Love the music from Barry Lyndon btw!
    Hey, no problem. Glad I could be of service.

And Barry Lyndon is a favourite of mine. It catches the atmosphere of the 18th century very skillfully, just as I attempt to do with this mod.

Tried out the Unicode, and it worked.

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Question about the scripts, I also have a Seas to sail mod installed, so when I
    modify the user.empire_script.txt should I save the file as:

seas_tos_sail.pak; (or w/e the wording line is)
    mod tuca_music.pack;

Or can I not use both mods at the same time? Will the Unicode affect the Seas to Sail mod?

Thanks,
    Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikinWest View Post
    Question about the scripts, I also have a Seas to sail mod installed, so when I
    modify the user.empire_script.txt should I save the file as:

seas_tos_sail.pak; (or w/e the wording line is)
    mod tuca_music.pack;

Or can I not use both mods at the same time? Will the Unicode affect the Seas to Sail mod?

Thanks,
    Erik
    Yes, that's the way to input it into the script.txt, I should think.

I should think they are compatible, though I haven't tested it, and I don't have the ability to at the moment, unfortunately.
    But, it doesn't hurt to try. As far as I know, Seas to Sail does not affect music. If it affects anything that my mod also does, it's probably the factions_tables.
    So, if you want to know if my mod is fully compatible with Seas to Sail, I recommend you install my mod, then start a campaign with either Russia or Poland-Lithuania. If the music added in my mod is playing (you'll notice it for sure), then it's fully compatible.