Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Period Music Mod v1.3

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Contemporary Music Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Onkel Tuca View Post
    Well, I have a few hundred GBs of classical music, but less than a few MBs of eastern music. And even if I had a lot of eastern music, I'm not expert enough to know which period in history it's from, so don't be expecting it to come from me in the next few decades, sorry.
    How's the version 1.2 uploading going?

Hopefully if I'm lucky it can be up within the hour as that is when I'll be arriving home, hehe.

As usual looking forward to continued updates.

MP

Quote Originally Posted by mp84 View Post
    How's the version 1.2 uploading going?

Hopefully if I'm lucky it can be up within the hour as that is when I'll be arriving home, hehe.

As usual looking forward to continued updates.

MP
    Unless a divine miracle happens, it's not going to come up in the next hour, or the next 8 for that matter.
    I'm attemting to upload it to Filefront (have been for 8 hours now) but it's going to take another 9 hours to finish. And as far as I know, Filefront doesn't even allow uploads to take more than 10 hours, so it's not likely to work at all.

If this is the case, then it's most likely an upload will finish Thursday, as that's when I will swap from my current 57 kbps to 24 mbps.

To anyone thinking I'm extremely backwards for still having such a ridiculously terrible connection, it's not really like that. I'm on a connection which only allows a certain amount of data transfer each month. If it exceeds that amount, it will be reduced from 7 mbps to 57 kbps, and only return the next month. I exceeded that limit earlier today, but I will be visiting my parents' house for the weekend, beginning on Thurdsay, where they have a much better connection.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 24, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

I have that same problem as well. can get nasty if we run out of download limit and a big patch for ETW becomes available when we start the game and realize we forgot to turn Autoupdates off or forgot to stay in offline mode
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Unless a divine miracle happens, it's not going to come up in the next hour, or the next 8 for that matter.
    I'm attemting to upload it to Filefront (have been for 8 hours now) but it's going to take another 9 hours to finish. And as far as I know, Filefront doesn't even allow uploads to take more than 10 hours, so it's not likely to work at all.

If this is the case, then it's most likely an upload will finish Thursday, as that's when I will swap from my current 57 kbps to 24 mbps.

To anyone thinking I'm extremely backwards for still having such a ridiculously terrible connection, it's not really like that. I'm on a connection which only allows a certain amount of data transfer each month. If it exceeds that amount, it will be reduced from 7 mbps to 57 kbps, and only return the next month. I exceeded that limit earlier today, but I will be visiting my parents' house for the weekend, beginning on Thurdsay, where they have a much better connection.
    haha ok sounds good.

I pretty much always play Empire in offline mode. I figure when a patch is a released, We'll know about it in the General Forums almost instantly!

MP

I keep adding things to the mod though.
    If I had been able to upload the newest version earlier today, I probably would have uploaded v1.3 today as well.

Also, it's worth to note that the mod would've taken over 800 MB had it been uploaded earlier today, but it's now at the original 400 MB with even more contents.

That is to say, the version I'm uploading now will probably be renamed to v1.15 or something, if it actually uploads.

Edit: Oh, wait. I can't rename it after uploading it.
    You'll just have to imagine it.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 24, 2009 at 08:06 PM.

Is there any chance of replacing some of the in battle music? That gets rather repetative after a while...

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    Is there any chance of replacing some of the in battle music? That gets rather repetative after a while...
    Only problem with that is playing classical music during battles just feels out of place, lol. Perfect for the campaign map though, but not sure about Battles.

If you do Battles, you may need to enter into the more dramatic movie scores (a la Last of the Mohicans, Master and Commander, etc..)

MP

Indeed. As of right now, I have no plans on replacing the battle music, as the classical music of the period doesn't offer much in that particular category, unfortunately.

If anyone finds some rousing battle music composed by Bach or Mozart, I might change my mind though.

Indeed. As of right now, I have no plans on replacing the battle music, as the classical music of the period doesn't offer much in that particular category, unfortunately.

If anyone finds some rousing battle music composed by Bach or Mozart, I might change my mind though.

I'll have to keep an eye out, and an ear open, for anything I might find that could fit. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

People might have noticed music from eastern culture randomly turning up, when playing as a northern European faction, like Prussia or Sweden. In the newest version, this problem has been solved by swapping these factions to western European culture, which, from what I've noticed, doesn't actually change anything other than that small issue. However, I haven't made completely proper tests to see if this is the case yet, so consider it temporary.

Until LtChambers adresses the culture tables in his Pack File Manager, it's probably going to stay this way, but afterwards, I can probably fix it so that the Europeans stay in their proper culture groups, without the interferance of ottoman music.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Hmm any word on this? I know Filefront is closing within 4 days, so hopefully this can be put up and downloaded before it shuts down.

MP

Default Re: Period Music Mod v1.2

BUMP!

New version, 1.2 uploaded!

Also changed the title of the thread in order to avoid confusion. People might think it's a mod for modern classical music,
    since contemporary music = modern classical music in some terms.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; March 26, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

this is cool. but this kinde music is boring to me :S. is there possible to do a mod like this. with hiphop songs like my faverite band bustinBytches thakn you for youre time nice mod thanks

Uh, it's certainly possible, even if I personally can't see the enjoyment in doing so.
    Use LtChambers' Pack File Manager to open the sound_music.pack, found in the ETW data folder, and simply redirect the music directiories to ones you've created yourself, with the same names as the originals. Also, you have to make sure the mp3's you want to use have the same file names as the original ones, or the game won't find them. This means, for example, that you can only use 17 mp3's for the european campaign.

I'm not the best explainer of things though. You can probably find a better explanation somewhere else.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

thank yuo i will do this

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

awesome downloading now.

MP

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo View Post
    this is cool. but this kinde music is boring to me :S. is there possible to do a mod like this. with hiphop songs like my faverite band bustinBytches thakn you for youre time nice mod thanks
    -FantomBlu

IceAgeComing's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo View Post
    just lol

People come in all kinds.

Theoo is a troll account though... check his post history
    bustinBytches is a fake group
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEchCYiqhRM