Thread: researching technology in one turn

Miles

Default researching technology in one turn

hey all, as you know as it is right now some of the technologies are kind of silly to take so long, like plug bayonets.. i have altered the technology db table and changed the required points to zero for all techs, kind of as an experiment to see how the ai would react and if it would work. has anyone else tried this yet? i am about to start a new game and check it out, but i would appreciate any input.... in the db editor, is the 'unknown' column the amount of turns required for research? or should my changes allow all of them to be researched in one turn a piece?
    Slovenic by birth, Christian by the Grace of God.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

Default Re: researching technology in one turn

Your changes should allow them to be researched in one turn. If you check the building_effects db you can see that the college etc... put out a certain number of research points per turn.

Miles

thanks jams, i am going to test it out right now

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

Tried it Mikhail no joy still saying 1 turn even although its on 0 turns still takes 1 turn

It will always take at least 1 turn to complete no matter what you do to the research stats, so far as I know that's a built in limitation.

O well back to the drawing board
    Last edited by haggiseater; March 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM.

Miles

yep everything takes one turn... right now i have buildings set to 1 or 2 turns as well so i am trying to get things done quickly so maybe i can play some fun battles... the ai seems to take advantage of the techs being researched so quickly.

example: i started a campaign with russia (as usual), and i was immediately drawn into a war with sweden. the war lasted for only two years before i took st. petersburg and livonia, BUT while the war was going on i noticed the ai used plug bayonets... they were not just using rifle butts, so they did indeed research it (unless i am going crazy). i believe their tech research priorities are a bit different because by turn 12 i finally cornered the main georgian army and massacred them... however, they did not have plug bayonets researched (i am not sure if georgia has a university even, i may check that out... i am going to try to give minor nations universities one by one so they will research things... or will they at all? i guess this question should be posed to people who have delved into this much more than i.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana