View Poll Results: Which file format do you prefer to install these mods?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • named_patch.pack format, straight extract without hassle

142 32.27%
  • named_mod.pack format, use ModManager to enable/disable them

191 43.41%
  • I don't know, just... make my life easier please...

107 24.32%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: TWC community ETW retexture compilation!!

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: TWC community ETW retexture compilation!!

Bocah_Bali's Avatar Civis

That has been added to the frontpage now.
    Bored/Frustrated/Angry at inaccurate in game uniform?
    Want to see another historical variation instead?
    Or are you a someone who wish to show your work on how "it should
    have look like"?
    Go and visit
    TWC community ETW re-texture compilation!!

3rd Question is like same with first one.
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

The regimental banner is not included, they are all seperate downloads.

I've been noticing I cant get several of these skins to work (Im a noob to messing with mod-manager), but it seems straight forward, for instance, I'm not seeing toons Grenadiers or dragoons, but I am seeing his continental line... I dont have any other U.S. skins loaded..I also cant see the french artillery skin either..

Could one of the many mods/packs I have loaded be doing this? should I be looking at the conflicts in mod manager and picking those who play nicely with each other? Do I need to alter a script file?
    Also can it run both packs and mod packs at the same time? Like when I pick the mods I want, save em as aprofile, then switch to all files, can I then load the chosen mods AND the packs, or are the packs always on?

Any experience with running many of these at one time and how to trouble shoot them would be GREATTTTTLY appreciated.

Thanks again for this compilation, really really cool stuff man. And a gift for all of us
    Last edited by Vonwolfi; April 07, 2009 at 05:53 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vonwolfi View Post
    I've been noticing I cant get several of these skins to work (Im a noob to messing with mod-manager), but it seems straight forward, for instance, I'm not seeing toons Grenadiers or dragoons, but I am seeing his continental line... I dont have any other U.S. skins loaded..I also cant see the french artillery skin either..

Could one of the many mods/packs I have loaded be doing this? should I be looking at the conflicts in mod manager and picking those who play nicely with each other? Do I need to alter a script file?
    Also can it run both packs and mod packs at the same time? Like when I pick the mods I want, save em as aprofile, then switch to all files, can I then load the chosen mods AND the packs, or are the packs always on?

Any experience with running many of these at one time and how to trouble shoot them would be GREATTTTTLY appreciated.

Thanks again for this compilation, really really cool stuff man. And a gift for all of us
    It sounds like you are conficting with another texture file try switching all the mods off you are not using then start from there? thats my advice mate

New updates.
    US yellow shirt line infantry has been revised. US light infantry added.
    Spanky realistic flags added (this include faction, regimental, and naval).

For those who were wondering where did Vanquisher's work gone to, I regret to inform you that he has closed his thread and seem no longer wish to continue. In respect of his decision, I have removed the screenshots and download link (as all his files was on his thread). PM him personally if you wish to ask further question regarding this matter.
    have look like"?
    Go and visit

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Is it possible to have just Amiral Bruix version skins without switching to republic

Bernsy's Avatar Miles

I really wish someone would re skin Poland Lithuania. I would use the 7 years war mod except I dont want all the other skins it comes with...

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    It sounds like you are conficting with another texture file try switching all the mods off you are not using then start from there? thats my advice mate

Thanks for the advice, I will try that... Really looking forward to seeing your yellow legged Grenadiers in my game, and the very 'Francis Marion' looking dragoons... Will mess with it, and if I actually find the conflict, will report back w/ my findings to save time for others!

BTW, I got 33orion77's French artillery mod to work now, but I dont think it works as released, I renamed the file from French Artillery mod.pak to French Artillery_mod.pak and now it seems to work...

Where do I find the master script file that identifies these mods by name? Or is there one?
    Last edited by Vonwolfi; April 08, 2009 at 12:11 AM.

<edit> I cleaned up my files and tested in between. I'm not sure at what point everything sinked, and it looks like a file that I had loaded earlier, and intended to remove was causing the issue....

-And Toon, I finally got to see your US dragoons and grenadiers in game next to the white belly Colonials... Theyre so awesome, I almost fell out of my chair... Nice Historically accurate choices, exquisitely done sir!

I've actually got a HUGE amount of these running and might be able to help verify which work together...Ive been playin total war titles for ever and even did some skinning in my time, hell, i used to be a graphic artist for a while... I'm tempted to go load some software and start filling in the Nations that havent been done yet... Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Thanks again You guys!
    Last edited by Vonwolfi; April 08, 2009 at 02:01 AM.

UPDATE 8 April 2009
    Another ToonTotalWar finished skin. US guard infantry with white belly/shirt!

@Seraph07
    It's possible, but I would not recommend it if you don't know how. PM Amiral_Bruix instead.

@Bernsy
    You can try PM Jingle_Bombs for separate Poland-Lithuanian line infantry skin.

@Vonwolfi
    Go download his US guards then
    For finding the script file to activate mod, go here
    -Make sure you have "show hidden files and folder" on
    -Documents and Settings\[your profile name]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    -If "user.empire_script.txt" doesn't exist, create new text file and name it.
    -Inside should have a parameter like this -> mod "realistic_flag_set_v11.pack";

Using ModManager by Lt.Chamber is easier since it will automatically create and write the script, even disabling it. But make sure you clear the script content after you remove the mod files from your empire data folder. Otherwise it will CTD on load.

Ps. Do the Ottomans or Marathas if you tempted
    The latter probably hard because there is no correct depiction on their attire?

EDIT:
    WAAGH.313ph4n7 new skins/texture added. Check the frontpage!
    Last edited by Bocah_Bali; April 08, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
    have look like"?
    Go and visit

Quote Originally Posted by Bocah_Bali View Post

@Vonwolfi
    Do the Ottomans or Marathas if you tempted
    The latter probably hard because there is no correct depiction on their attire?
    The internet is a beautiful thing http://royalsplendour.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html

Lol Bocah, I might have to start with something a little easier, but maybe I will have to take a stab at these guys...

and thanks for the tips!!

Lias_solano's Avatar Semisalis

the spoiler tags arent opening for me
    British by birth,
    English by the grace of God.

Clear your browser cache, refresh, wait for page to complete it's load bar (if spoilers doesn't contain picture, that means you have to wait till page load is done). If those fail, upgrade your browser, disable any add-on that might block it, or try using different browsers.
    have look like"?
    Go and visit

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

How do I add rep?? I use this page all the time to keep up with new skins etc so wanted to rep as I do the peeps who make the skins I use.
    As far as I've read there is ment to be a green + sign below the persons name, but the only one I can see is below my own.

What am I missing???

You need to have at least 50 post count before able to give someone +rep and leave a comment in their profile.

Almost forgot, new update on the frontpage.
    have look like"?
    Go and visit

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vonwolfi View Post
    <edit> I cleaned up my files and tested in between. I'm not sure at what point everything sinked, and it looks like a file that I had loaded earlier, and intended to remove was causing the issue....

-And Toon, I finally got to see your US dragoons and grenadiers in game next to the white belly Colonials... Theyre so awesome, I almost fell out of my chair... Nice Historically accurate choices, exquisitely done sir!

I've actually got a HUGE amount of these running and might be able to help verify which work together...Ive been playin total war titles for ever and even did some skinning in my time, hell, i used to be a graphic artist for a while... I'm tempted to go load some software and start filling in the Nations that havent been done yet... Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Thanks again You guys!
    Thank you for your compliments my friend!, and enjoy the units there are plenty more to come!!

Todays update!
    No new skins yet for today. But I managed to post screenshot comparison of Nimrod_1971's Wuertermmberg faction (check my second post) along with the latest download link.

Anyway, Easter is near! Stock your chocolates and eggs people!
    Last edited by Bocah_Bali; April 10, 2009 at 02:12 AM.
    have look like"?
    Go and visit