Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Great description I've never seen a question, no matter how stupid, that didn't get a quick and polite answer from Aradan or some other team member. Probably the nicest modders here.

Thanks! You see, when you keep people waiting for a mod for 3 years, either you're polite or you're lynched.

(upload will take a couple more hours or so)

Ok, new links for both the RTW version and The Lost Legion, check here.

Thankyou so much both are working fine

Hey Bardo you are probably getting sick of me. But when I installed RIME it loads up as the new shadow for about a second and the crashes without a notice. When I move the data folder from the RAR folder it says encountered 1 error. After that it's fine but when I click the launcher it crashes! help!

Bardo? Launcher?

Have you followed the instructions?

Installation

1. Create a folder named RIM insider the BI folder in your Rome folder. Those without BI or who do not have TNS 2.6 for RTW 1.5 installed will also need to create the BI folder of course.
    So, for example, on my PC it looks like this:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\RIM
    1a. IF you have TNS for RTW 1.5 already installed then simply copy its bi/ci/data folder into the RIM folder and go to step 2.
    1b. IF you have any version of Fourth Age Total War installed then download and extract TNS for RTW 1.5 to a temporary folder and then copy the data folder from the extracted file (bi/ci/data) into your newly created RIM folder. This is just to ensure you do not overwrite FATW with the version created for those without BI.
    2. Download and extract "The Lost Legion" patch and copy that folder (named "RIM") over the RIM folder you have created. This will updated TNS for RTW 1.5 with the patch.
    You are ready to play.

Installation - Explanation

The mod works from a folder named RIM inside a folder named BI. You will have this latter folder already if you have BI installed. You will also have it if you have TNS for RTW 1.5.

Rome in Middle-earth is made up of two components: a base and a patch. The base is the actual TNS for RTW 1.5 mod. The patch is the 63 meg download linked above.

Whatever your setup - or whatever mods you have installed - you will need to create a BI/RIM folder!

Next, whether you have TNS for RTW 1.5 installed or extracted somewhere, just copy it's "data" folder into the RIM folder you made. Now copy the RIM folder in the patch you downloaded over the RIM folder you created.

Next set up the desktop shortcut to run the mod. If you do not know how to do this then do the following:

1. Go into you Rome folder and find the RomeTW.exe file.
    2. Right click on it and choose "send to desktop" (this creates the shortcut on your desktop)
    3. Find the new shortcut on your desktop and right-lcik it and select "properties"
    4. Add the following to the end of the target field (note the space before all hyphens):

-show_err -nm -mod:bi\rim

5. Click "apply"
    6. Click the shortcut to start playing Rome in Middle-earth!

What is TNS??????

The New Shadow, the currently available FATW release/version.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    If you have TNS 2.6 for RTW, then you can install this, regardless of whether or not you have BI installed.

Yes, it will need a new shortcut.
    I know it's kind of late to ask, but the mod looks fantastic and I'd like to try out the Lost Legion since I don't happen to have BI. Would you mind updating the link, it seems to be broken. Thank you.

The link has been updated.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    The link has been updated.
    Much obliged.

Indefinitely Banned

I'm having some problems with RIM. I have created the RIM folder inside my BI folder. Then dragged the "RIM" folder from the patch that I downloaded and dropped it into the RIM I created, but when I launch the mod it gives me a script error. Any help would be appreciated.
    Edit: Problem Solved.
    Last edited by ScourgeTheMighty; May 09, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Could you please update the link it seems to be broken agin.

New link in the Downloads thread.

Thank you but just so you know the RTw version is also down. Just thought you should know.

Damn that Gamefront...

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Damn! The link is broken again! I remember playing with this awsome mod back in 2009! Is it possible to update the links? Thank you!

It's not working and i want to play this mod so bad :c Wouldn't it be best to upload it to another host?

What exactly isn't working?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast