Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

What you've done sounds fine... Do check if you have a rim/rim subfolder somewhere though - for example, when you extracted the files from RIM.rar, perhaps you selected "extract to 'RIM'" instead of "Extract here" and that created a RIM folder, inside which was another RIM folder, and when you moved the 'parent' RIM folder inside bi, the RIM/RIM/data folder didn't sit on top (as it should) the RIM/data folder there. (I hope that makes sense!)

In short, make sure you put the RIM/data folder inside bi/RIM/ (re-install RIM if necessary).

Thanks, I over ame the problem by merging the data file from RIM, in the data file from TNS. It works now

Thanks again

Hey to anyone who may know, just decided to try this but I looked through the building browser and I dont see any building capable of recruiting urban or praetorian cohorts, so can I replenish those elite units at all, or do they slowly die off?
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

You can recruit Praetorians in huge cities (ie Minas Tirith, Helm's Deep, Edoras and Umbar). I don't think Urban guys are available anywhere.

Thank you for the quick reply, next game I try with them I'll be sure to be more conservative (ie not attack a city with a plague in it)
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Awesome mod! Very, very challenging.

Recently did a little experiment, though, that has made my game crash, for some reason. I'm a fan of migration games, so I gave myself some money, and put my romans on a ship and headed to Dol Amroth. Bribed the Prince of Dol Amroth, and from there I set out to carve out an Empire. Worked just fine until recently, for some reason the game crashes every time I select a unit. A shame, because it had just gotten really interesting I guess there's no way to fix it, but if anyone has a theory, that would be nice.

The Legions of Dol Amroth RULED! And my royal family too, who were Romano-Gondorian. Yeah.

Hard to know what exactly is the problem without seeing it in-game, (might be a sound problem), but I don't have RIM installed atm.

Coulld you try starting a new campaign and 'cheating your way' up to the point you had reached in the previous one and see if anything similar happens?

Sure. I don't get a real error message either, so it's hard to know. All that happens is that it crashes and I get the good old "RTW.exe has performed an illegal action and must be shut down".

I'll get back to you when I've gotten to where I were.

Okay, so from what I can see, the problem occurs only if I hold regions around Dol Amroth, such as Lamedon and whatnot.

I did the same thing in Umbar, and it worked just fine, but for some reason it crashes if I try to do it in this specific region. Any clue what could be causing this, and is there any way to fix it?

EDIT: Actually, it seems to crash after a while if I have cities anywhere in Gondor.
    Last edited by NorthernMonkey; June 09, 2010 at 02:11 AM.

I'll look into it, but I can't promise anything as
    a) RIM is unsupported (as stated in the read-me), being a side-project
    b) I'm in the middle of my exam period atm and my time is limited

Of course. Just thought I'd let you know about this bug, since this mod is otherwise totally friggin' awesome.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

So I can only get this if I have RTW version of FATW

Is there anyway I can get the BI version and also install this? I'm at a crossroad here because I don't really want to download this mod twice to get a different bonus mod...

Unfortunately no, we'd have to make a new BI version of RIM, and I'm afraid that's something I don't have time for atm. We'd rather focus on getting 3.0 done.
    Last edited by Aradan; July 10, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Oh well, thats probably best I guess. Well I really want to play this so I might get this RTW version first and if I have problems I will get 3.0 for BI when it comes out.

Is there an .exe install file for the RTW version Rar download?

No, just the .rar one (which is really easy to install though and is compatibility-issues-proof).

Well how do I install it exactly? I am a little confused. Where and what do I extract?

Detailed instructions here: http://www.modrealms.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=19

(I'll be updating the downloads thread with links to that, sorry for the inconvenience)

Ah thank you. Ya my first download wasn't complete so it didn't even have that README file and I had to re-download. Sorry, I got it now. I look forward to playing this. I will probs have another question when I get down to installing the Rome download.

Just checkin, it's not suppose to have music is it? I hear the same RTW music, thats ok but I'm just checking.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast