Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Sounds like fun!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

It's very challenging... Till now I have recaptured Lond Daer but the unit pool available sucks... Only auxilias vs dunleding axemen, hillmen and pikemen... Also my economy is on the verge.

So, Rome in Middle-Earth? That's quite a twist But i'd personally have enjoyed to play with legions... of dwarves, or elves, or dalian warriors, if you know what i mean...

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

This is a dream come true! I allways fantasised about what would happen if middle earth suddenly had to face the might of the Roman empire!

All we need next is a Prussia or Brittain invades middle earth mod for empire total war

EDIT: I get an error script error in \bi/rim/data/descr_sm_faction.txt at line 56, column 1

"horde_min_units"; this feature is not supported

I'm using the Rome total war cd, should I use the bi one?

EDIT: found out I copied the rim patch to the wrong place so fixed that, I get a different error now

unrecognised mount type '4armount armoured cult'
    Last edited by sabaku_no_gaara; March 31, 2009 at 08:20 AM.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Delete the RIM folder and start again...

Make sure you do it correctly
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

error in
    bi\RIM/export_decr_unit
    not recognised mount type " 4amount armoured cult "

any help??
    (i've already deleted the RIM file and tryed it again, still the same =[ )

**** Never mind, i just replaced the line with "medium horse"
    i think it works now
    Last edited by Badg3r; April 07, 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm going to give the legions shieldwall, cos I couldn't in vanilla! Then, let us bring the light of Rome to middle earth!. Also, is thier tech tree same as vanilla? With Arcanii? Also, will the enemies of jupiter I downloaded ages ago work here?

EDIT: I'm going to take it one step further, with orc Foederatii troops, with roman equipment, Mumakils with a temple or something on it's back and trolls with oversized gladiatorial weapons! Will need a skinner and moddeler though!
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; May 23, 2009 at 02:40 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Y'know what? This sub-mod has proved a brilliant tool for me. I fully appreciate the time and effort MasterOfNone put into making this, even though I don't play it how MoN intended . I loved the original game, but felt that Adunabar fell too quickly and Harad and Rhun needed a rival in the east to offset their total domination of over half the map. So I moved the Romans to the lands of the Variags, and have thoroughly enjoyed the game. MoN is my hero!

In fact all the guys who worked on FATW are my heroes for making such a brilliant mod, and the loss of many many hours of my life

lol. Thanks. Glad you are liking it.

This is exciting. Downloading now!

Bose's Avatar Civis

harry turteldove wrote a series of books called the legion cycel that sound extaordinarily like this mini-mod.in fact the first book was called "The Lost Legion".a roman legion gets transported to a strange wolrld they have never seen before.how stange that this mod happens to be almost the same as the books.

I have not read the books, but the idea of a Roman legion being lost in time has probably been done by other authors. There are no new stories

Actually, there is a legacy of "lost legions" and lost "armies" in history - see, for example - http://www.fighttimes.com/magazine/m...sp?article=719

hi i was just wondering if u could do a similer thing but put gondorin units in bi or the original rome game

cheers
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

That then would not be FATW, but RTW with a flavour of FATW, which is outside of the team's goals.

ye sorry didnt think when i was posting that
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Np, I hope you're enjoying The Lost Legion.

To be honest mate iv played the mod to death so im playing other mods right now, i only wanted the ranger unit as they look amazing but i dont know how to put units in to another rome game lol

There are a couple of very good tutorials in the mod section for things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    It's possible to become very strong if you do it wisely - at least strong enough to achieve the victory conditions. It might be an idea to build up your strength in the first province first - though make sure you get a boat as a priority so that you don't get stuck should you go into the red. Then take the nearest Dunlending settlement across the river with all of your force and make it your capital and defend it and build it up.

The decision will come in how much to build up and capture versus making a straight march on Minas Tirith to seize your opportunity of getting home...
    Do How i can boat?
    thanks XD

Hi umm... HELP!!!

well normally I don't have a problem with simply adding mods, but... it doesn't seem to be working and obviously I've done something wrong.
    Here how i did it

create folder in Bi called 'RIM'
    then get data file from TNS (rome version not BI), copy and put into the rim folder
    download patch, extract the rim folder---then put into the other rim folder in bi
    I copy and pasted the extra bit of the target line from this site and put it in to shortcut target line, this is it
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:bi\RIM

it loads fine, nothing wrong, but I cant find the campaign of Julii, nor can I find the Julii faction in the faction selection---- it loads up with the ordinary TNS loading screen (I predict this is fine but...)

Please Help me, this mod looks awesome---------rome in Lord of the rings, it's genius!

Future thanks for those that give up there spare time...

oh bye the way--- for those lord of the rings fans, i've just ordered the 12 disk dvd extended edition set, only £17---from play.com/ amazon sold out
    Last edited by kidrocker09; April 04, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast